India S-400 Acquisition - News Updates and Discussions

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Only option they have now is to operate their aircraft from Macca and Madina,outside the range of Triumpf.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Already made an FB post regarding this news and used the pics and details from this thread to enlighten some of my intolerant friends :D

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Already made an FB post regarding this news and used the pics and details from this thread to enlighten some of my intolerant friends :D
Jooo mean the one who support SRK,Amir,Congress etc like traitors?

Hari Sud

Country flag
I prefer that the S-400, anti missile system with a four hundred miles range, shoots a nuclear carrying missile right above the Pakistani city of Rawalpindi or Lahore, so that the nuclear warhead falls over the highly inflammatory Jihadis. They will be cooked by their own bomb.

Will the God grant them in the heavens 72 hoors each? Then there will be an extreme shortage of hoors.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Don't forget the included cost for 6000 missiles overall.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I am bit exasperated by different price tag quoted and the number of systems being bought. Then I thought its immaterial for us to worry about. But if some member shed more light on it, I be grateful to him/her. Last time when this news pop out it was 10-12 systems now only 5.

bose

Country flag
@rock127 A very bad news for Pakistan indeed !! Pakistan will struggle to put their fighters up from their bases...

GOD forbids !! any future wars will be fought on Pakistan airspaces ...

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
China also will purchase this as per wiki.

So will china produce a copy and sell to Pakistan. Or what if Rus itself will directly sell pakistan, considering a realignment (that is getting apparent these days) due to changing geopolitical situation, i.e. India moving toward the US/West camp and Rus moving towards CHN/PAK camp.

nirranj

Country flag
It's natural that Russia will sell to anyone who will pay them. But they are doing it due to economic reasons. Whereas Americans sell to India due to their geopolitical ambitions.

India should start to speak with China to resolve all outstanding issues and increase economic, political and technological cooperation so that we both become partners rather than seeing eachother as enemies or rival gang members.

If anyone remember Pakistan exploited a similar situation during the cold war days to have a superpower as its shield. We should not allow that. We should speak with China and make them realize that we are a natural partner. I would say India and China should sign a maritime freedom of transport deal, by which India will guarantee freedom of movement for Chinese merchant navy in Indian ocean and China will reciprocate that in western Pacific and both will jointly defend in other waters. And speak and include all southeast Asian nations and Japan in such a deal.

We have more battles to be fought on economic, social, cultural and environment front rather than on borders. But a strong military will guarantee that peace of mind to fight these domestic battles.

Blackwater

Pentagon: Russia’s S-400 Air Defense in Syria Forces US to Ground Warplanes

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

If the almighty USAF Has to think twice
Imagine what PAF might be thinking when India deploys 3 S400 Regiments on the western front

Scarface

5 is a little less no ?

We should also get other systems like Pantsirs and Buks to form an IADS to support S-400 , actually we should buy the an entire IADS from Russia

S-400 on it's own may be vulnerable,but with IADS, it would make SEAD very difficult.

And of course we should buy more of them than just 5.

It's natural that Russia will sell to anyone who will pay them. But they are doing it due to economic reasons. Whereas Americans sell to India due to their geopolitical ambitions.

India should start to speak with China to resolve all outstanding issues and increase economic, political and technological cooperation so that we both become partners rather than seeing eachother as enemies or rival gang members.

If anyone remember Pakistan exploited a similar situation during the cold war days to have a superpower as its shield. We should not allow that. We should speak with China and make them realize that we are a natural partner. I would say India and China should sign a maritime freedom of transport deal, by which India will guarantee freedom of movement for Chinese merchant navy in Indian ocean and China will reciprocate that in western Pacific and both will jointly defend in other waters. And speak and include all southeast Asian nations and Japan in such a deal.

We have more battles to be fought on economic, social, cultural and environment front rather than on borders. But a strong military will guarantee that peace of mind to fight these domestic battles.
Friendship with China would be good but Hegemons don't want natural or unnatural partners.India is too big,militarily and economically and in many other ways which threaten Chinese ambitions for Hegemony in Asia and the World.

Zarvan

Grow up kid most modern Israel Iron dome can't stop all third grade Hama's rockets our ballistic and cruise missiles are far far more advanced so you would be shocked what we do during war.

Bornubus

Grow up kid most modern Israel Iron dome can't stop all third grade Hama's rockets our ballistic and cruise missiles are far far more advanced so you would be shocked what we do during war.
Iron dome is not suppose to intercept every rocket,especially one that are not going to hit civilian areas.

As usual a fanboy post from you.

warrior monk

The 40N6E , 48N6E3 , 9M96 missiles will make a mince meat of PAF , the 9M96 with ARH ( Active radar homing) will strike terror into the heart of PAF , even BABUR and RAAD will have trouble , all Paki standoff weapons will be in trouble , and if NNIIRT/Almaz-Antey 55Zh6M Nebo M VHF radar system with its L-band UHF and C/X-band radars is in the package then it will track down stealth aircrafts and can disrupt the kill the chain . I think India will even get the 77N6N-1 missile with this we can shoot down almost all Paki ballistic missiles . Indian PDV and Russian 77N6 N1 will cause trouble to all Paki ballistic missiles .

Scarface

Your subsonic cruise missiles are turkey shooting targets for Tunguska's we already have.

And S-400 is more than enough for missiles plagiarized from North Korea

Bornubus

The 40N6E , 48N6E3 , 9M96 missiles will make a mince meat of PAF , the 9M96 with ARH ( Active radar homing) will strike terror into the heart of PAF , even BABUR and RAAD will have trouble , all Paki standoff weapons will be in trouble , and if NNIIRT/Almaz-Antey 55Zh6M Nebo M VHF radar system with its L-band UHF and C/X-band radars is in the package then it will track down stealth aircrafts and can disrupt the kill the chain . I think India will even get the 77N6N-1 missile with this we can shoot down almost all Paki ballistic missiles . Indian PDV and Russian 77N6 N1 will cause trouble to all Paki ballistic missiles .
How is it good against their tactical missile Raad in comparison with Barak 8,another future induction for all three forces ?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
So you compared your shuppa duppa missiles with 3rd grade Rockets!!! :rofl:

Congrats for showing your sheer ignorance like a typical Madrasa(Lal Masjid) educated Jihadi Terrorist Paki.

Below is what you would be doing in war.... ie. "YA ALI MADAD" :rofl:

Last edited:

manutdfan

I'm a bit confused regarding the price.

We will get 5 batteries for $4.5 billion whereas the Chinese who had negotiated a deal just a couple of months before us are getting 6 batteries for $3 billion.

Any insights as to why such a significant price variation?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles