India S-400 Acquisition - News Updates and Discussions

Del horno

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
S-400 is a good case in point, US does not have a S-400 type system because they don't expect anybody to come and attack them other than with ballistic missiles.

they project power because they have the confidence no one will invade them. only major country nearest to them that can invade them is russia that too only in alaska. U.S mainland is still safe.

rest of your points on wokeness are a new phenomenon.
View attachment 90977
We have patriots and THAAD which is superior to S-400.

If you think from defensive capability point of view then S-400 has never been battle proven but yet again is very overrated and the same with Iron dome it was also never proven but yet again overrated where as the Patriots and Thaad actully are capable. So technically the US has better defensive systems then Russia

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
We have patriots and THAAD which is superior to S-400.

If you think from defensive capability point of view then S-400 has never been battle proven but yet again is very overrated and the same with Iron dome it was also never proven but yet again overrated where as the Patriots and Thaad actully are capable. So technically the US has better defensive systems then Russia
the post is not about comparing THAAD and S-400, i'm elaborating on a statement made by a US general to a senate committee hearing about difference in doctrine.

it's been a few months, so finding the exact statement would be like finding a needle in a haystack among the narrative bombardment by US friendly news media about S-400 sale to india.

Del horno

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Iron dome did a decent job ignoring the costs aspect, patriot underperformed looking at Saudi - Houthi and Russian shit is yet to be proven....s-300 was taken out in Armenia and its being blamed on the user so who knows....when was thaad employed?
No you are wrong. Patriots and THAAD performed way better then Iron Dome and there is not even comparison. The Houthis never succeed except in very few instances and life is normal in KSA perhaps due to being a larger country but Israeli cities got more or less savaged all cities including the far way Haifa saw impacts and people were in bomb shelters literally. There is no compariosn.

S-400 is unproven and I can already tell you it is a fraud system like all Russian systems. I have no idea how the S-400 got overrated this much and I think it has something to do with it getting alot of media coverage due to the Turkey-US-Russia-NATO dispute over ''Oh don't buy it and Oh I am gonna buy it thing'' got to much unnecessary media coverage but Turkey didn't buy it either for it's capabilities but it wanted to copy aspects of it in order to finish developing it's own Air defensive systems it wanted some secrets from it.

Not because I am American and biased but the US still has the best defensive systems

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

No you are wrong. Patriots and THAAD performed way better then Iron Dome and there is not even comparison. The Houthis never succeed except in very few instances and life is normal in KSA perhaps due to being a larger country but Israeli cities got more or less savaged all cities including the far way Haifa saw impacts and people were in bomb shelters literally. There is no compariosn.

S-400 is unproven and I can already tell you it is a fraud system like all Russian systems. I have no idea how the S-400 got overrated this much and I think it has something to do with it getting alot of media coverage due to the Turkey-US-Russia-NATO dispute over ''Oh don't buy it and Oh I am gonna buy it thing'' got to much unnecessary media coverage but Turkey didn't buy it either for it's capabilities but it wanted to copy aspects of it in order to finish developing it's own Air defensive systems it wanted some secrets from it.

Not because I am American and biased but the US still has the best defensive systems
Houthis with their primitive abilities and smuggled missiles and drones caused enough fires on saudi oil facilities that Saudi was looking around for better AD.....who employed Thaad?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Thaad is specifically for bmd type roles , so claiming it superior to iron dome is not correct imo , both are for different role and different categories .

Patriot is a prove system but airspace denial ranges are limited and it's bmd capabilities are much better than normal air defence .

Unlike s 400 , which might be unproven but a inclusive multi layer system which will give us some insight in deveolpment of our indigenous layered air defence for integration and operation , also it will help in pointing out shortcomings faced and we can work on that in indigenous system .

Also it will take time for indian system to be inducted and online ,till then it can serve purpose .

Thaad in comparison is a particular system , good yet standalone if inducted in indian ad role .

We are not traditional operator of US tech , which is expensive too , so integration of thaad would haven't bore any fruit , we won't be importing any long range ad afterwards ,so it makes sense to integrate with existing system .

Turkey wanted something russian as fear of another coup and to shoot down own AF in case of coup like he did last time

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
When our government can give 1.5 lakh crore tax holidays to industries every year, atleast dpend that amount once to procure all the required weapons to checkmate China in Himalaya. We can not let this happen for ever. zthey must bd taught

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
1 battalion = 72 launchers X 384 missiles x 5 battalions = 360 Launchers and 2000 missiles approx.
maybe its me,but doesnt this feel like a lot of launchers and subsystems for such a strategic system. i thought much less nos of these launchers were needed to cover every area of our strategic depth.i thought they would be more strategic and placed in select locations as final boss.this seems like it can fill every nook and cranny knowing the raanges we are dealing with.

not that i am complaining. i like it when india buys something that will bring it good value for money that it wont be able to indigenize shortly in large enough numbers to ensure no shortage.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
maybe its me,but doesnt this feel like a lot of launchers and subsystems for such a strategic system. i thought much less nos of these launchers were needed to cover every area of our strategic depth.i thought they would be more strategic and placed in select locations as final boss.this seems like it can fill every nook and cranny knowing the raanges we are dealing with.

not that i am complaining. i like it when india buys something that will bring it good value for money that it wont be able to indigenize shortly in large enough numbers to ensure no shortage.
????????

Missile are huge and variables , and each launcher can carry just 3 missile ,so need of number goes up

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

You are from which state of USA ?
You are from which state of USA ?

IndianHawk

Country flag
When our government can give 1.5 lakh crore tax holidays to industries every year, atleast dpend that amount once to procure all the required weapons to checkmate China in Himalaya. We can not let this happen for ever. zthey must bd taught
That 1.5 lakh crore doesn't actually exist. Tax breaks is incentives for corporates without which many of them won't invest in india and we will lose even more revenue .

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
That 1.5 lakh crore doesn't actually exist. Tax breaks is incentives for corporates without which many of them won't invest in india and we will lose even more revenue .
This examption in corporate tax is lower colldction of tax than what was applicable earlier. Had this not been changed, governmrnt would have got 1.5 lakh crore more. Once declare such package for strdngthning of nationsl srcutity as well.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Prahar and one capable cruise missile are two weapons which missing. These were specifically designed for the use in mountain to strike on other side of mountain.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

S400 can be assembled in 5 minutes only and ready for ops.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles