India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladder

Country flag
At the time of independence it was technically supposed to go to them since it was extremely high muslim majority, fortunately the navy didn't allow it to happen
They have the grudge ever since I believe
Show me evidence of
...it was technically supposed to go to them....
Because I believe, what you quoted is popular anecdotal story as HM Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel had posted 'policeman' at those island just after independence.
It is said that Pakistani returned after seeing Indian Policemen.

Is there any evidence that Lakshadweep due to its muslim majority was deemed to go with Pakistan?

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag

And the same mullas claim to be crime free
😂😂😂

I'll take Dweepans seriously when they stops docking Pakistani Boats Ferrying Cocaine and Firearms to Bharat
Remember Tamil nadu coast was on high alert

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Even if the militancy is destroyed.what happened to those hindus is still a stain to our country.more indians from other states should settle in kashmir.and unlike the 1990s when mullah boys could run rabid now if they do any gandmasti we will just Pallet them in the eye.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Show me evidence of

Because I believe, what you quoted is popular anecdotal story as HM Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel had posted 'policeman' at those island just after independence.
It is said that Pakistani returned after seeing Indian Policemen.

Is there any evidence that Lakshadweep due to its muslim majority was deemed to go with Pakistan?

Though the Madras Presidency had an overwhelming Hindu majority, the islands had a Muslim majority. Hence, it seemed possible that the new dominion of Pakistan might seek to lay claim to the islands. On the orders of Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of India, a ship of the Royal Indian Navy was sent to the islands to hoist the Indian national flag and ensure the islands' integration into the Union of India. Hours after the arrival of the Indian ship, vessels of the Royal Pakistan Navy were seen near the islands, but after observing Indian naval presence they returned to Karachi.

Source: Wikipedia

It seems that the Pakistanis wanted to lay claim to the Lakshadweep Islands but seeing that India had already occupied them, there wasn't anything they could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles