Islamic Invasions of India

Ayushraj

Country flag
The problem here is the assumption that communities, people and humans work like a hive mind, and that an entire community of 200 million people will follow their "religious leaders" to their beck and call, or that a large of majority of them are involved in a conspiracy. Muslims are a people, Islam is a religion. Using religion as a medium for ambition and fanaticism has been prevalent prevalent everywhere since time immemorial, as can be traced to various religious quarters including that of the RSS. Lest we forget Savarkar and his stance on deporting all Indians that didn't have the inherent "hinduness" i.e Christians and Muslims ;Also lauding Nazi Germany's history, comparing the German Jews to Indian Muslims and Christians.

If we want to discuss the "volatility" of one's religion, then I'll point to the fact that pretty much all religions have skeletons in their closets:
The Old and New testaments are just as violent, if not more than the Quran and the Crusades are an exemplary exhibition of what happens when you let power-hungry fanatics who use religion as a medium gain....power. Islamic extremists have been far more active in the past 100 years. More so than ever before, and most of them haven't even read the book (they can't even define what Jihad is) and those that have actively manipulate those who haven't for their own ambitions (afghanistan - warlords, Turkey - erdogan, Terrorists - every single one of em). It's not that their ranks only include the naive, they also have fanatic sociopaths looking to justify their actions. It doesn't help that the west is actively responsible for what the middle east is today starting with the creation of fundamentalist Saudi Arabia by the British, Muslims of different sects (because they aren't united under one single banner, just like the Christians have their own Denominations) have faced persecution from their own extremists more so than others.
Hinduism hasn't always been a shining beacon of enlightenment either. The fact that Hinduism previously included the practice of Sati (you know, burning women alive out of superstitious beliefs) and is still actively struggling with the caste system - one of the most brutal and inhuman hierarchical systems to ever exist for thousands of years - should attest to that. This is driven from the fact that it was shaped by us, humans.
Judaism is Abrahamic, and as you'd expect not very people friendly itself.
Buddhist extremism is an excellent example of my point here. Even though Buddhism strictly preaches non-violence of any kind whatsoever, it didn't stop monks from calling to arms in Thailand during the 70s; Nor did it stop the Myanmar military from trying to force assimilation of it's minorities from the 80s onwards under a Buddhist nationalistic identity.
The Sikh empire had a superiority complex of it's own under Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, wherein it actively advocated the Guru Granth Sahib's teachings while still running a slave trade participating in conquest and war for the sole purpose of expansion. Then there's the Khalistani insurgency, which came about from the congress's usual communal politics.....
I hope you're sensing the theme here. Human flaws and propensity to dispense misery are prevalent in all quarters of life. It isn't confined to a certain community, it comes from the culture, teaachings and environment you're raised in. Religion is a system of beliefs WE create to tell ourselves there's a meaning to all this, that we aren't just animals even though we are. Once you've raised an entire generation of people and driven away the "them", how long before that bloodlust turns on the "us"? It's not like you can just flip anger off like a switch, an angry people will move heaven and earth to justify their anger on anything they can find. We are well on our way to regressing into a toxic society, rather than addressing the root cause of our situation. We are not really dealing with a Hindu-Muslim crisis here, we're dealing with geo-political ambitions of those in power. Whether it be the oblivious morons in the PMA with delusions of grandeur, or the leadership here that's exploiting the still very alive insecurity born out of our colonial past and inferiority complex.
Trust me, India and it's institutions will still stand. Islamic extremists aren't going to take over the country, especially with an inept Pakistan and a tactically bankrupt militancy in Kashmir driving this "take over". If this proxy war has taken such a toll on us, it's because we outright refuse to adapt and try to solve the issue. You'd think after 30 years of insurgency we would have realized the importance of setting up a full-fledged and empowered special operations command, strengthened our intelligence apparatus and waged war on the insurgency within Pakistan itself to dismantle the system from within, but our politicians aren't interested in that when they can prolong the suffering to play vote-bank politics.

Also, you should probably take some time off the internet. Delete your twitter (you'll thank me for it), take your dog for a walk, talk to some people, meet a girl/take your girl out for a date and just mellow down for once. You seem way too angry for it to be healthy for you. Listen to some Motley Crue or something 😂. Don't let the tomfoolery on the news get to you. If you want to learn something: read a history book with sources that's been peer reviewed from a reputable historian.
Lion of Punjab Maharaja Ranjit never has superiority complex(always remember Maharaja Ranjit singh is biggest devil for porkis till now. No one match up his level)
He was totally secular even he had afghans serving in his army in artillery department in large numbers despite afghans committed genocide after 3 battle of panipat and battle of kup.
Afghans used to enjoy suffering of Indian people a lot
Why no one question questions on genocide committed in gazni invasion, 2 nd battle of tarain, taimur invasion of india, battle of Talikota, 3 rd battle of panipat, battle for kup, etc
You must also read about crimes committed in these battle.

airstrike99

Country flag
Lion of Punjab Maharaja Ranjit never has superiority complex(always remember Maharaja Ranjit singh is biggest devil for porkis till now. No one match up his level)
He was totally secular even he had afghans serving in his army in artillery department in large numbers despite afghans committed genocide after 3 battle of panipat and battle of kup.
Why no one question questions on genocide committed in gazni invasion, 2 nd battle of tarain, taimur invasion of india, battle of Talikota, 3 rd battle of panipat, battle for kup, etc
You must also read about crimes committed in these battle.

that just proves that ranjith singh is a dumbass self centered idiot that never knew dharma or anything else. he didn't care about the suffering of people or such.

No one match up his level
thats BS.
did he expand to the marine regions. did he have a navy.
marathas and vijayanagara empires had navies at their peak stages.

also everyone blames 15th century "hindus' for sati while sikhs also had the same practices. this selective bias.
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 7.10.33 PM.png

Ayushraj

Country flag
that just proves that ranjith singh is a dumbass self centered idiot that never knew dharma or anything else. he didn't care about the suffering of people or such.

thats BS.
did he expand to the marine regions. did he have a navy.
marathas and vijayanagara empires had navies at their peak stages.

also everyone blames 15th century "hindus' for sati while sikhs also had the same practices. this selective bias.
View attachment 94648
Darma teaches never to target innocent people thats not mean they were self centered
Every indian big ruler has displayed this quality.
Prithviraj chauhan during 1 at battle of panipat
Krishna Deva Rai after battle of raichur
Chhatrapati Shivaji after battle of pratapgarh
Every indian ruler has spared enemy after enemy forces
Treaty of amritsar has stopped him from capturing sindh.
Ranjit singh is only of the few persons in history who has defeated afghans inside Afghanistan

airstrike99

Country flag
Darma teaches never to target innocent people thats not mean they were self centered
Every indian big ruler has displayed this quality.
Prithviraj chauhan during 1 at battle of panipat
Krishna Deva Rai after battle of raichur
Chhatrapati Shivaji after battle of pratapgarh
Treaty of amritsar has stopped him from capturing sindh.
Ranjit singh is only of the few persons in history who has defeated afghans inside Afghanistan
Darma teaches never to target innocent people
that's not even a dharma.

every ruler of parts of indian territory. thats why they were self centered. they kinda didn't like each other due to jealosy.

that doesn't make him some great ruler.
not even the above mentioned are that great. it depends on the reason for their wars if any.

if you want to talk about a great king that follows dharma,

the only ones that could fit are the likes of harischandra, nahusha also known as indra vaikuntha, and vikramaditya.

mikael

Country flag
I have not read the first article and glossed over the rest of the posts. There seems to be an objection to the word 'islamic'. I am guessing that the word was used to refer to many successive invasions and rules which were foreign in character. The only common theme to all those rulers or invaders was that they were muslims. So, to refer to all those varying invaders, I guess, the word 'islamic' is used. Also, the invaders of that time, did give a lot of importance to their religion, a sign of their times, and atleast some of their policies were guided by their religion.

Anyway, I dont think the article is directed against indian muslims. It is directed at the invaders who incidentally happened to be muslims. There is no need for anyone to take it as an offence, IMHO.

But if the article itself is a tirade against muslims, then its a different matter. And I hope that is not the case. But I think its time we confront our history as it is, without diluting it with undue political correctness.
should we use turkic instead though ? and persian for Nadir shah

personally i feel like turks were no more muslim than british were christian , both used religion's worst aspects for colonization and exploitation

mikael

Country flag
I know Pakistanis call these people their heroes and they are the biggest fools as they were the biggest victims, just that they live in denial of their identity.
I never understood that as well, when i visited relatives there they were extoling the people who pillaged their regions for centuries , do we have any parallels in history? Even in Mexico and latin america the spanish conquistadors are not celebrated as heroes anymore

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles