India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Because we have to be shown as the peacefool, reasonable country compared to SUPAPOWA China wanting more land.
The meme of "India never invaded any country for 10000 years" has to be maintained, because Modi doesn't want escalation( i.e converntional war ) on either side of the border unless forced to.
One things I hate about Indians how they talk about this crap of “India never invaded any country for 1000 Years” like it’s something to proud off which it is not it just shows how weak we were really as country and people. we got invaded by different kinds of barbarians and Islamic terrorists got chewed in and spitted out. I hope people stop saying that cringe statement.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
This comparison with Israel and what it does in Gaza and Lebanon is, quite simply, crazy. The asymmetry involved there is hardly what is between India and Pakistan. Nor are their results much better. Even after attacking these two places, one without an Air Force to defend and the other without either an army or airforce, the Israelis still face barrage of attacks from both Hamas and Hezbollah.

The amount of silliness here by those who think war with Pakistan is a cakewalk etc is extraordinary. Do people think that the army and the government don’t look at what is achievable? If there was a silver bullet, they would have used it. There isn’t.

I have been a critic of this government and the previous for neglecting the military. Especially about buying a lot more artillery. The fact remains that while we can and should extract maximum retribution, the Pakistanis won’t stop. The raison d’être for the existence of the Pakistani army is conflict with India. What we can only do is to limit the risk they would take by dissuading them but some trouble will always exist.
Disagree. No one wants a full scale war. What we do want to is to occupy enough tactical points to prevent infiltration and BAT and other terror attacks. These artillery ATGM small arms duels are pointless if no strategic or tactical objectives are accomplished.
Coming to Israel, they have been extremely successful in reducing terror attacks even though they are completely surrounded by abduls. Their biggest success is that they have *proactively ensured that none of their neighbours like Iran, egypt etc.. have come into possession of nukes* something in which we failed abysmally !
In fact I won't be surprised if pretty soon we start seeing bonglodesh abdullahs and SL toting nukes !

Masada

Country flag
Disagree. No one wants a full scale war. What we do want to is to occupy enough tactical points to prevent infiltration and BAT and other terror attacks. These artillery ATGM small arms duels are pointless if no strategic or tactical objectives are accomplished.
Coming to Israel, they have been extremely successful in reducing terror attacks even though they are completely surrounded by abduls. Their biggest success is that they have *proactively ensured that none of their neighbours like Iran, egypt etc.. have come into possession of nukes* something in which we failed abysmally !
In fact I won't be surprised if pretty soon we start seeing bonglodesh abdullahs and SL toting nukes !
Actually, its shows the resolution of new India to respond to pakistani actions, occupation of strategic heights/points by breaking off the LOC will be a red flag that will be only attempted in case of war, currently, India just raised the stakes for Pakistani activities. If you see the bigger picture India has been putting a lot of pressure on Pakistani border that's why they requested china to do something and china tried to create a diversion so pakistanis could have a respite from the beatings.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
One things I hate about Indians how they talk about this crap of “India never invaded any country for 1000 Years” like it’s something to proud off which it is not it just shows how weak we were really as country and people. we got invaded by different kinds of barbarians and Islamic terrorists got chewed in and spitted out. I hope people stop saying that cringe statement.
Aise bolte bolte pok andar kar lenge :megusta:

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
So, about those travel vloggers waxing lyrical about Pakistan:

White travel influencers, who often receive extraordinary privileges such as access to restricted areas and meetings with top officials, have been useful to a government trying to sell a new vision of the country – and the debate about their role has divided Pakistan. “The military wants to control the discourse,” I was told by Husain Haqqani, a former Pakistani ambassador to the US. “They want to shut down all dissenting voices.” To Haqqani, the influencers were part of the “discourse industry” that the government had promoted.

[...]

Big-name travel influencers, such as the Food Ranger (4.66 million YouTube subscribers) and Drew Binsky (2.01 million YouTube subscribers) were also joining the scramble. One of Binsky’s videos, which celebrated the country’s hospitality culture, showed him trying to pay for things at market stalls and in restaurants and being rebuffed. The title of the video was “Why is everything free in Pakistan?” He concluded that “The people of Pakistan are incredibly joyful. They’re laid-back, they don’t stress much, they don’t care about living in a nice house or driving a fancy car, they are just living a happy life and that’s all there is to it!”

[...]

Alex Reynolds, who has Filipino heritage, also noticed the gora complex on her travels. “The first time I went to Pakistan, I had a white boyfriend,” she told me. “Then, people were giving us rides, and food, and gifts and things. When I started travelling alone, that stopped.
The entire article is worth a read. White people actually do this a lot, they are fully aware of the way that a lot of non-white people worship them (particularly bad in the Indian subcontinent) and move in to exploit it. I've always suspected all these Western vloggers to have been in cahoots with the Pakistani establishment rather than random goras who just ended up shilling for Pakistan organically.

Anyway, to end this comment, a humourous excerpt from The Guardian article

In January 2019, a particularly clueless would-be influencer emerged. An American woman named Samantha A Gerry, who described herself as a vlogger and model, tweeted: “Will be in #Pakistan – June 2019 – looking for recommendations/things to do from fellow vloggers/couch surfers! Inspired by @CynthiaDRitchie – following you into the unknown, girl!” Within a few hours, she had hundreds of replies and direct messages from prominent Pakistanis – the scions of a prominent Lahore political family, among others – offering to take her to parties during her trip.

More tweets followed. Was there a Starbucks in Peshawar, Gerry wondered. Should she wear a burqa on her travels? She wrote about how beautiful Pakistan was, and threw in some anti-India sentiment for good measure. Her follower count shot up. When journalists pointed out that her profile picture was taken from a stock photography website, Gerry responded: “OH MY GOD! I Just joined Twitter and mention Pakistan and there are so many people spreading all kinds of rumours about me.” Many of her new followers leaped to her defence.

A week later, the Karachi-based comedian, Shehzad Ghias Shaikh, owned up to the hoax. He had created “Samantha A Gerry” to satirise the travel-influencer trend, and in particular Ritchie, who was growing increasingly bullish on social media about the need to promote a “positive image” of Pakistan. “We’re hungry for good news, and when it comes from a white person, it adds more validity,” Shaikh told me. “But our inferiority complex and that neo-colonial mindset makes a dangerous combination.”
A lot of us Indians also fall for this nonsense to be honest, it is not very healthy. Ask yourself, would these hand-rubbing exploiters be this popular if they were from Nigeria?

ataru09

Country flag
That statement is false in addition to being cringe worthy. The Chola empire conquered much of south east asia or made them tributaries. The Sikh empire extended all the way to present day Afghanistan as did the Mauryan empire. (I do consider those areas to be India in the historical sense of the word though)

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
That statement is false in addition to being cringe worthy. The Chola empire conquered much of south east asia or made them tributaries. The Sikh empire extended all the way to present day Afghanistan as did the Mauryan empire. (I do consider those areas to be India in the historical sense of the word though)
They probably mean the Republic of India, even if they mean that, that isn't true either as we have conducted numerous "police operations" against princely states like Goa and Hyderabad, as well as used our intel agencies to foment unrest in Bangladesh.

ataru09

Country flag
They probably mean the Republic of India, even if they mean that, that isn't true either as we have conducted numerous "police operations" against princely states like Goa and Hyderabad, as well as used our intel agencies to foment unrest in Bangladesh.
The Cholas have got the short end of the stick at the hands of leftist Indian historians. It's as if medieval India as taught in Indian schools is dominated by the Mooghals. Everyone else is a footnote. The naval conquest of south east asia was an impressive feat and hardly gets any mention. Not wonder we have cucks feeling proud at the falsehood of being cucks historically too.

FalconZero

Country flag
So, about those travel vloggers waxing lyrical about Pakistan:

The entire article is worth a read. White people actually do this a lot, they are fully aware of the way that a lot of non-white people worship them (particularly bad in the Indian subcontinent) and move in to exploit it. I've always suspected all these Western vloggers to have been in cahoots with the Pakistani establishment rather than random goras who just ended up shilling for Pakistan organically.

Anyway, to end this comment, a humourous excerpt from The Guardian article

A lot of us Indians also fall for this nonsense to be honest, it is not very healthy. Ask yourself, would these hand-rubbing exploiters be this popular if they were from Nigeria?
It's not just Indian Subcontinent thing, even China does that on large scale they do care what westerners think and about perception but Chinese are pretty bad at that plus western propaganda is always in negative sense.

rohit b3

Country flag
I really dont understand whats the logic behind this. Either finish them once and for all and take back PoK or call in peace. This kind of limited skirmishes are a waste of the precious lives of our bravehearts as well as our defence budget and gets us nowhere? Whats the strategic objective out of all this?
We can take back PoK within a week if we utilize even 30-40% of our force.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I really dont understand whats the logic behind this. Either finish them once and for all and take back PoK or call in peace. This kind of limited skirmishes are a waste of the precious lives of our bravehearts as well as our defence budget and gets us nowhere? Whats the strategic objective out of all this?
Maybe we are still intimidated by war prospects.

another_armchair

Country flag
If you have a plan to take over entire PoK, do share here. Would make for an interesting read.

another_armchair

Country flag
Sarcasm? Or you are saying plan in the name of suggestion?
No sarcasm.

Mountainous/alpine regions are not easy to take. PoK has a population of ~42 lakhs, the terrain is not flat like PakJab. So a complete takeover of PoK would be a long, very painful and very costly affair(cash, man and material).

Am sure IA must have gamed it several times in the past, but the golden question is how do we take it? Yes, they have a few supply routes. Once we cut those, Martial Race army would happily raise the white flag or would it go into guerilla mode and continue to resist? They are all hill people, though not Gorkhas, they know the place and are acclimatized. Even if 10% of the entire population decides to resist, we could be looking at a very long war depending on how we frame our rules of engagement.

Will the world sit quiet and let us go about occupying GB or will we see a repeat of what happened during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan?

Stirring the pot in Balochistan is easier. GB/PoK's turn will come soon. Very soon. Have patience.

It is next to impossible to find a shop selling an Indian flag in most parts of Kashmir, particularly Srinagar and surrounding areas. Let us tame our little pests first. We take care of the rest later.

Agreed, Vice is a den of propaganda but this isn't the only source of news coming out of Xinjiang, is it?

Last edited:

shade

Country flag
No they mean Bharat, not specifically the Republic, it is sort of true through considering most kings and emperors historically wanted to make their kingdom "Akhand Bharat" and probably saw their conquest as unifying the country.
But the sentiment of "we wuz peacefool, peacefool is good and high morals, we wuz gandhiwadi yo" being promoted is garbage.
Invading another country isn't "bad" if that country seems to be a thorn in your side or needling you continuously.
Actually we don't need to give a justification, peacef*ggotry is stupid, bourgeois and must stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles