India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulakeshin

Country flag
This is a must watch !!
But why are our soldiers going towards him instead of letting him come towards them. What if this was a trap and some terrorists are hiding nearby and suddenly start shooting? We really should take more precaution while dealing with these people. People's lives are at stake and one mistake and suddenly you lose soldiers. I am really not too impressed with the way we handled things over here. We should be more professional and precautious.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
But why are our soldiers going towards him instead of letting him come towards them. What if this was a trap and some terrorists are hiding nearby and suddenly start shooting? We really should take more precaution while dealing with these people. People's lives are at stake and one mistake and suddenly you lose soldiers. I am really not too impressed with the way we handled things over here. We should be more professional and precautious.
He removed his T-Shirt, plus the soldiers behind were well ready.

Pulakeshin

Country flag
Yeah but these are suicidal people. They won't hesitate in giving their lives just to take lives of few soldiers.
And it's better to kill them instead of giving them 2nd chances. Or if you are going to give them 2nd chances, please don't throw caution to the wind.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
And it's better to kill them instead of giving them 2nd chances. Or if you are going to give them 2nd chances, please don't throw caution to the wind.
2 chance should be given bandhu .
But precaution was certainly lacking here but not too much.
The soldier asked him to wear his pants and remove his jersey and then come forward .

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
2 chance should be given bandhu .
But precaution was certainly lacking here but not too much.
The soldier asked him to wear his pants and remove his jersey and then come forward .
He was practically surrounded by all sides. I noticed the presence of soldiers from at least 8o clock, 11 - 12o clock (see in the bushes far ahead when he comes and sits down), and also 6o clock where Jahangir (terrorist) was coming.
The situation is what is called getting trapping in the cordon. The terrorist sensed he is seconds away from his death, and practically dropped his pants (to show he has no weapon / IED attached to him) and surrendered (the platoon ldr asks him to pull-up his pants).

So what would have happened if this was a trap?
  • Let's say he comes close and immediately pulls a small weapon (pistol / SMG) from his pants - His quick reaction will get him shot nearly instantly. Remember every soldier here has a loaded AK with fingers on the trigger and there will be no liability for killing the terrorist.

• Some terrorists hiding in the bushes spring up - The bait (terrorist in front) will still get shot instantly. The ambush will be dealt with by the platoon at 8'o clock and 12'o clock. Nothing fancy really, ambushes are tough bitches to handle anyway.
In general, I don't see any SoP violation or blunder.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
He was practically surrounded by all sides. I noticed the presence of soldiers from at least 8o clock, 11 - 12o clock (see in the bushes far ahead when he comes and sits down), and also 6o clock where Jahangir (terrorist) was coming.
The situation is what is called getting trapping in the cordon. The terrorist sensed he is seconds away from his death, and practically dropped his pants (to show he has no weapon / IED attached to him) and surrendered (the platoon ldr asks him to pull-up his pants).

So what would have happened if this was a trap?
  • Let's say he comes close and immediately pulls a small weapon (pistol / SMG) from his pants - His quick reaction will get him shot nearly instantly. Remember every soldier here has a loaded AK with fingers on the trigger and there will be no liability for killing the terrorist.

• Some terrorists hiding in the bushes spring up - The bait (terrorist in front) will still get shot instantly. The ambush will be dealt with by the platoon at 8'o clock and 12'o clock. Nothing fancy really, ambushes are tough bitches to handle anyway.
In general, I don't see any SoP violation or blunder.
We hear the officer telling his men to cut the C.Os call,
Seems a little rambo-like decision,
Won't there be consequences to that action

AZTEC

Country flag
As soon as the boy realized that he was outnumbered, uski g@@nd fat ke haat me aa gayi. So he decided to surrender.

The Indian Army apparently knew that the boy was alone. When they realized that the boy was genuinely scared, they made him go naked to verify whether he was a suicide bomber or not. After this verification, army offered the 2nd chance to the boy. Happy ending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles