India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Country flag
Sir,in that case you may be ignoring the fact that terrorists already created a hostage like situation the day before...
Law and order is a state police subject and I ask then why did not SP Kupwara react to the situation? where was he? Why was only SPO with the CO? Why was SP missing from action?
I am very sure the CO must have kept his Sect Commander informed. He could not have launched the operations without informing him. Why did he allow the situation to come to this critical level? What was IG Police Mr Vijaykumar Ji doing?

The Army Commander Northern Army should ask these questions.

However, to best of understanding these are quick emerging situations that can only be handled by the commander on the ground and at the site. I am sure CO had no inkling of terrorist presence inside the house. The CO could be foolhardy but not all of them including the Police Sub Inspector.

Bhadra

Country flag
My reply was for your assumed theory Apache attacking when troopers are in house or surrounded.
Also no need to compare with Apache usage in Afghanistan because IAF will never use them to their potential also Apache is bought by IAF for air shows and land on crops of farmers
I have no theory sir.
Every expert in the forum quotes all doctrines, force structures, mission statements and relentlessly give examples of USA, UK, France, NATO, Russia, and Whatnot.

I simply asked to show me single footage of Apache being used when own troops are in contact (except in Mogadishu) ? Kahani khatam....

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
In Afghanistan or even in Iraq show me single footage of apache firing down when their troops are somewhere near the target area,,,,, (do not show footage of Blackhawk down from Mogadishu)
That may settle all question of a helicopterwalas ........ why argue unnecessarily...
Apaches should not be used for this kind of operation

However,western armies have FAC who co ordinates the air strikes in such situations.

There are a million videos on internet regarding this.

AMCA

Country flag
Next wave of 400 Jaish terrorists for Kashmir could be from its Afghan camps
Counter-terror officials in Delhi and Kabul on Tuesday confirmed that the Jaish-e-Mohammed had already readied 400 fighters at these camps and had recently deployed them to fight along with the Taliban.

INDIA Updated: May 05, 2020 20:07 IST

Shishir Gupta
Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Zerar, one of the Jaish operatives arrested by the Afghan forces in follow-up action, has told interrogators that the training base busted by the forces were being “trained, equipped and supported by Pakistan military personnel”.
Zerar, one of the Jaish operatives arrested by the Afghan forces in follow-up action, has told interrogators that the training base busted by the forces were being “trained, equipped and supported by Pakistan military personnel”. (HT Photo/ Sourced)

Jaish-e-Mohammed, the UN designated terror group that targets Jammu and Kashmir, has readied 400 terrorists at its training camps in Afghanistan who have been deployed with Taliban units before they are sent to Kashmir valley, people familiar with the development told Hindustan Times.
As first reported by Hindustan Times, Afghan forces had discovered one of Jaish’s terror camps quite by chance last month when they were out on a counter-terrorist mission on April 12. Initial interrogation of the terrorists arrested in this operation, however, have led Indian security agencies to conclude that there were half-a-dozen more camps.
Counter-terror officials in Delhi and Kabul said the Jaish-e-Mohammed had already readied 400 fighters at these camps set up after the Taliban signed the 29 February pact with the US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad.
The pact, which requires the Afghan forces and the Taliban to release prisoners from the other side, paves the way for the US and other foreign forces to quit Afghanistan.

“Jaish cadres have been deployed with Taliban units in areas between Khost to Jalalabad in east Afghanistan and also in areas close to the Pakistan border in Kandahar province,” a counter terror official in Kabul confirmed.
Officials said the synergy between the Taliban and the Jaish-e-Mohammed - some intel reports say the Lashkar-e-Tayyiba have also sent its cadres for training to the Jaish camps - is being anchored by Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence.
Zerar, one of the Jaish operatives arrested by the Afghan forces in follow-up action, has told interrogators that the training base busted by the forces were being “trained, equipped and supported by Pakistan military personnel”. Many of them, he said, had escaped in the fire cover provided by Pakistan military personnel to help them escape. Zerar, identified as a resident of Pakistan capital Islamabad, was among them. He was arrested three days later, on April 15.

The terror group founded by Maulana Masood Azhar is being run by his younger brother Mufti Abdul Rauf Asghar since Masood Azhar, who was designated as a global terrorist by the United Nations last year, has been terminally ill.
Diplomats in Kabul say Masood Azhar’s elder brother, Ibrahim Azhar, has been spotted in Ghazni city in central Afghanistan, possibly in context of the effort to deepen ties with the Taliban.
The training camps remain under overall charge of Mufti Asghar Kashmiri, commander of Jaish’s Kashmir operations who has been spotted around terrorist launch pads in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

The Afghan war veteran Mufti Asghar Kashmiri, who was once with the Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, oversees the operational aspects of the infiltration from Leepa valley that leads to Kupwara in north Kashmir and has been the favoured route for terrorists over the last few weeks.
In the two-day operation that gave security officials an insight into the extent of Jaish presence in Afghanistan, Afghan security officials had targeted a Jaish-e-Mohammed base set up in coordination with Taliban in the Ghorak-e-Mohmand area of Momand Dara, a district in the east of Nangarhar Province near the Durand Line across Torkham was demolished. At least 14 Jaish cadres were killed and a weapons depot destroyed.

another_armchair

Country flag
as usual whole family is a OGW it was a trap. army shouldn't have saved them.
Hello Members,

This is my first post on DFI.

The Handwara episode resulting in the loss of 5 battle hardened personnel raises more questions than answers.

Army version - Rescued hostages. Killed in firefight.

Local version - No hostages. Terrorists took Army men by surprise.

If our men were shot outside the house, it means there was no CQB indoors, our men walked into the kill zone, the two tangos managed to take out each one of our men, step out of their hiding place, disfigure some of the bodies and take war booty which included the CO's phone. Possible but hard to believe.

Some facts will emerge slowly as days roll by. Local journos who witnessed the entire episode and were the first to break the news will slowly leak it to the usual media houses for the right price.

CO and his team were lost around 12 noon as per 'sources'.

A lot seems to have been buried under the fog of war.

This could get murkier as days roll by.

These losses on our side are irreplaceable.

Om Shanti to the departed. God give strength to their families.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Hello Members,

The Handwara episode resulting in the loss of 5 battle hardened personnel raises more questions than answers.

If our men were shot outside the house, it means there was no CQB indoors, our men walked into the kill zone, the two tangos managed to take out each one of our men, step out of their hiding place, disfigure some of the bodies and take war booty which included the CO's phone. Possible but hard to believe.

Some facts will emerge slowly as days roll by. Local journos who witnessed the entire episode and were the first to break the news will slowly leak it to the usual media houses for the right price.

India will tell a version for its audience...I wont say no more on this.

A logical unbiased person will always ask questions like you have asked.

However, even this is not the platform for a unbiased debate.

No drill in the Army says for the CO to become a squad leader and enter a house along with his 2ic.

May their soul rest in peace.

another_armchair

Country flag
India will tell a version for its audience...I wont say no more on this.

A logical unbiased person will always ask questions like you have asked.

However, even this is not the platform for a unbiased debate.

No drill in the Army says for the CO to become a squad leader and enter a house along with his 2ic.

May their soul rest in peace.
No offence, Col. Santosh Mahadik was also lost while leading his team in operations against LeT cadre.

Like it or not, that has been the tradition of our Army where officers have decided to lead with scant regard to consequences.

My only concern is with the loss of 5 well trained men and the various versions floating around.

Apologies if my post offended anyone.

WARREN SS

Country flag
tradition
Such Stupid Tradition Will Only Lead Loss In Battles

Battle Of Khanva,2nd battle of panipat,3 rd battle of panipat

This Gamble Will Lead loss 8 out 10 times in a war

A Commander Is core Of War Planning And Strategy. Commissioned Officers are Expected To take Role as War Planners And Military Analysis From there Long services

That is Why a Lieutenant can Made It to generals Not Non commissioned Staff

Too Many Its Look Harsh or Brazen Elitism but Its Truth You cannot Substitute Brain With Brawl

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
No offence, Col. Santosh Mahadik was also lost while leading his team in operations against LeT cadre.

Like it or not, that has been the tradition of our Army where officers have decided to lead with scant regard to consequences.

My only concern is with the loss of 5 well trained men and the various versions floating around.

Apologies if my post offended anyone.
That was leading from the front fighting..this is a different incident.There was no firefight happening when they entered the house.

Knowitall

There was some news on some on going ips today morning after that no updates have come whole day is going to be over soon.

XR SAM

Country flag
Hello Members,

And to add to that, Army hasn't released terrorists photos, it's quite strange. Because Army releases photo of every dead Terrorists, especially the big catch. Remember we released the images of terrorists killed in Keran by our para Commandos few days back. Local journalists along with Baki Trolls are claiming both terrorists fled taking the advantage of heavy rain during encounter. I am not casting aspersions on Army but I have a feeling that lots of info were suppressed in this particular encounter for unknown reason.

Bhadra

Country flag
Apaches should not be used for this kind of operation

However,western armies have FAC who co ordinates the air strikes in such situations.

There are a million videos on internet regarding this.
This is what happens when Americans become "Crazyhorse"..... they start imagining things. Imagining things in the battlefield is however a normal phenomenon. Listen in how many lies the crew is telling...

arkos

Country flag
Hello Members,
If the army believed there were no hostages in the house they would have brought down the entire building with IED. You can check the photos from different encounter past month, the exact smae thing has been followed. So Kashmiris saying their were no hostages is wrong.
Major's wife talked to him around 2 pm. So whatever happened it ocurred after that only. All of this info requires only a basic google search to know.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
This is what happens when Americans become "Crazyhorse"..... they start imagining things. Imagining things in the battlefield is however a normal phenomenon. Listen in how many lies the crew is telling...

why i say gunships should not be used in urban kashmir is because then we will not be gathering any support..everyone will hate us.

however,we can use gunships on loc or jungles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles