India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killbot

Country flag
2016 operations by para or Myanmar ops which were conducted in night time,
The infiltration was at night. They waited till first light to start shooting.

ANA commandos are in anyway better than Paras, in CQB, not enough data, while the whole history of para is filled with vivid range of missions. Ignoring all this that most of the missions of ANA involved operations on the same territory, hostile yes but not on the same level as performing ops in a totally different nation
I'm talking about NDS special forces. ANA commando corps is equivalent to Ghataks.

NDS SF's most recent mission:

The situation in Afghanistan is such that 40% is controlled by govt. 20% by Taliban and rest is contested by both. So going from Afghan govt territory to taliban territory is like crossing a border. But yeah, not nearly as well guarded as Indo pork border. But that wasn't my point in the first place. I said that Afghan (NDS) SF are known for night raids. They are probably the most experienced direct action element in the area, aside from JSOC units. Both units (Para and Afghan SF) can learn from each other on different aspects. If you still don't agree, then let us just agree to disagree or continue in appropriate thread.
@mods, please move irrelevant posts to appropriate thread.

FalconZero

Country flag
From: https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...ver-250-km-to-destroy-terror-launch-pads.html
After an arduous trek of ten hours, the commandos crossed the LoC in Poonch and Nowgam sectors and reached their targets by 1:45 am. They returned to the Indian side of the border by 4:30 am on Thursday
So raid was conducted in night and operations was performed before the first light in the morning, . In the Myanmar case, there are mentions of the use of NODs.

> I said that Afghan (NDS) SF are known for night raids. They are probably the most experienced direct action element in the area, aside from JSOC units
I don't have enough info to deny that, too lazy to bother, so I will take your words for it. But still I don't think taliban controlled region has that much of sophisticated network than pakis...so nvm.

Both units (Para and Afghan SF) can learn from each other on different aspects.
Well, this was my point in the beginning itself, rather than boasting outright dismissing, this should have been said way before, could have saved time of both of us. There's nothing to disagree about at this point.

Knowitall

Time to use Pinakas with Bofors combo:shoot: & then witness mayhem.
Sapne suhane ladak pan ke.

Let me tell you a cold hard fact.

Until the death toll is not significant that is 15-20 or so we must not expect any retailation.

Base attack more deaths or attack on public this is the kind of action that will result in retaliation.

15-20 dead means media and public pressure 5-6 marte hai so nobody cares.

Tupac slayer

Country flag
Afghan *forces*. Not SOF. And they aren't supported by American forces on all missions anymore. Just the ones where America wants to capture someone.

And I meant only in the night raid/night fighting in particular and Dorect action in general. Para SF are superior in many regards. LRRPs for example.

For that matter, even Para have their share of botched operations. EDI building hostage situation for example. The op was so poorly planned that it led to 3 soldiers losing their lives, Capt. Tushar Mahajan, Capt. Pawan Kumar and L.Nk. Om Prakash. They used only one entry point, didn't use a helicopter to enter from top etc. Why? They didn't have enough experience in such operations and the field commander did not have time to plan the operation. And made tactical errors under stress.

LRRP: I dont think Para SF ever conducted LRRP missions within India. you are confusing search and destory missions with LRRP., LRRP mission was conducted by Srilankan Army special forces and Task force -8 men, who would Infiltrate into LTTE controlled area, conduct surprise raids, strech LTTE forces to fight in a wider front, Gather Intelligence and revert back.

Tupac slayer

Country flag

I'm talking about NDS special forces. ANA commando corps is equivalent to Ghataks.

NDS SF's most recent mission:

The situation in Afghanistan is such that 40% is controlled by govt. 20% by Taliban and rest is contested by both. So going from Afghan govt territory to taliban territory is like crossing a border. But yeah, not nearly as well guarded as Indo pork border. But that wasn't my point in the first place. I said that Afghan (NDS) SF are known for night raids. They are probably the most experienced direct action element in the area, aside from JSOC units. Both units (Para and Afghan SF) can learn from each other on different aspects. If you still don't agree, then let us just agree to disagree or continue in appropriate thread.
@mods, please move irrelevant posts to appropriate thread.
Taliban control of Afghanistan is more than 30% if you take conflict areas as of now. Southern Part of Afghanistan is literally gone to Taliban. In next 5 years Americans will have one more saigon moment, The Saigon moment I am talking about can be post poned but not avoided.

United States is fighting in Afghanistan to avoid a strategic defeat in the hands of Taliban. If the facts are correct, Northern Afghanistan close to Uzbekistan will be free from taliban, since Uzbeks will fight tooth to nail to prevent pashtuns from taking over Mirwaiz i Sharif

Killbot

Country flag
LRRP: I dont think Para SF ever conducted LRRP missions within India. you are confusing search and destory missions with LRRP., LRRP mission was conducted by Srilankan Army special forces and Task force -8 men, who would Infiltrate into LTTE controlled area, conduct surprise raids, strech LTTE forces to fight in a wider front, Gather Intelligence and revert back.
I'm talking about operation Pawan. They did conduct their share of LRRPs. That led to the failed Jaffna University helidrop.

And during operation Khukri.

Killbot

Country flag
Taliban control of Afghanistan is more than 30% if you take conflict areas as of now. Southern Part of Afghanistan is literally gone to Taliban. In next 5 years Americans will have one more saigon moment, The Saigon moment I am talking about can be post poned but not avoided.

United States is fighting in Afghanistan to avoid a strategic defeat in the hands of Taliban. If the facts are correct, Northern Afghanistan close to Uzbekistan will be free from taliban, since Uzbeks will fight tooth to nail to prevent pashtuns from taking over Mirwaiz i Sharif
Come to think of it, India constructed a hospital in Mazar-i-Sharif some time ago.. Is it really only a hospital?

And Taliban isn't the only militia in Afghanistan. There is ISIL Khorasan, Al-Qaeda, and a lot of local tribes doing their own thing.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
AJK is like Poonch, Rajouri level.. Jungle, valleys mountains, not very high compared to GB. It's still not a favourable scenario as enemy occupies heights & has logistical advantage. But we've done that before. Haji Peer pass that we returned in 1965 war is in fact in AJK. One of hardest battles ever fought in Kashmir front.
Capturing PoJ&K will help India use the roads built by Porkis to invade PoGB and recapture our territories. Neelum District has small direct connection to PoGB’s Kharmang District and we can capture Astore District in PoGB using Neelum District which has two vital connections between Porkistan and PoGB. To capture and Control PoGB India needs to control and Dominate N15 and N35 Highways. These roads are economically, political and military arteries of PoGB. We need to hold especially N35 or Karakoram Highway this is the road used by the Chinese for there economic corridor with Pakjabis and also for future military use if necessary which I know many Indians know about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles