India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusive

Country flag
I am observing an unusual amount of air activity on the Pakistani side from the morning, their AWACS was up around the Sialkot-Islamabad area since late-morning hours.

Similar activity on the IAF side, but mostly cargo planes to and fro from northern bases.

Source - Flightradar
Why keep transponders on for military aircrafts, is there some protocols.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Why keep transponders on for military aircrafts, is there some protocols.
They don’t, however when the military aircraft is in dense airspace with civilian traffic, transponders are kept on for better identification and navigation.

After they exit the crowded airspace they switch it off. Reason why we get to see PAF AWACS around Islamabad when it is taking off/landing.
Same for ours case.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Finally, an Indian International Media has started shows concentrating on tourism in kashmir!!!!
Proud of Wion, The moment I saw Chinese 50 cent Trolls on the comment section of that Channel. I knew Wion was hitting the nail right on the center of the targets. Wion needs to expand like Al Jazeera, TRT and BBC to counter Anti-India Narrative by Islamofascists and western imperialist Libturds.

Last edited:
Country flag
They don’t, however when the military aircraft is in dense airspace with civilian traffic, transponders are kept on for better identification and navigation.

After they exit the crowded airspace they switch it off. Reason why we get to see PAF AWACS around Islamabad when it is taking off/landing.
Same for ours case.
Let’s not forget what happened to the Mi26 in Kashmir which kept its transponder switched off during the Feb 26-27 attacks. Some precious lives were lost along with information warfare foisted on the IAF. When to keep IFF transponders on/off is a serious matter and I hope IAF has realized that everything is not just about planes. IAF ignored making and fine tuning a top notch air defense (maybe due to overconfidence that PAF will never retaliate). In any case, the air defense will now be in a separate theater command, which is good as better coordination among services and more discipline/rigid training will be had in the theater command.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Let’s not forget what happened to the Mi26 in Kashmir which kept its transponder switched off during the Feb 26-27 attacks. Some precious lives were lost along with information warfare foisted on the IAF. When to keep IFF transponders on/off is a serious matter and I hope IAF has realized that everything is not just about planes. IAF ignored making and fine tuning a top notch air defense (maybe due to overconfidence that PAF will never retaliate). In any case, the air defense will now be in a separate theater command, which is good as better coordination among services and more discipline/rigid training will be had in the theater command.
Military helicopters never switch on their transponders because they generally don't fly in congested civilian airspace, but much lower in altitude.

Feb27 friendly fire incident was not due to transponder issue btw. It was an amalgamation of bad circumstances, trigger-happy commander, and panicked decision making.

When to keep IFF transponders on/off is a serious matter and I hope IAF has realized that everything is not just about planes. IAF ignored making and fine tuning a top notch air defense (maybe due to overconfidence that PAF will never retaliate)
This is in quite bad taste. IAF knows how to operate their aircraft. Let's not try to lecture them taking them as amateurs.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This is why our soldiers can never deserve modern equipment as they on their own are old fashioned boomers, I mean I am cringing seeing our soldiers using Reflex sights without both eyes open 👀. He is using the EOTech with only one eye so whats the point giving them such expensive optics when our soldiers don’t know how to use it or use it as if it is an iron sight which requires a closed eye 👁.

Damn!!!
1605014244539.jpeg

Killbot

Country flag
This is why our soldiers can never deserve modern equipment as they on their own are old fashioned boomers, I mean I am cringing seeing our soldiers using Reflex sights without both eyes open 👀. He is using the EOTech with only one eye so whats the point giving them such expensive optics when our soldiers don’t know how to use it or use it as if it is an iron sight which requires a closed eye 👁.

Damn!!!
View attachment 66077
To shoot long range.. You close one eye while doing so. His stance is also somewhat relaxed. Its for precision shooting. He isn't worried about recoil control for follow up shots.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
To shoot long range.. You close one eye while doing so. His stance is also somewhat relaxed. Its for precision shooting. He isn't worried about recoil control for follow up shots.
Maybe

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
LMAO 😂 Porki Donkes wants UN Intervention and Plebiscite in Gujarat to decide if it wants to join back up with Beggar Terroristanis. Porkis are clearly showing the side effects of drinking to much camel pee and inbreeding. But anyway If that is the case then Bharat should ask for UN Intervention and Plebiscite in Tharparkar, Umerkot and Mirpur Khas Districts in Sindh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles