India Pakistan conflict along LoC and counter terrorist operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

To sum it up, we can't handle drone attacks. I guess MoD will buy some anti-drone tech and deploy to the front lines.

How are we handling chinese army if we can't shoot drones? Is this why drones chased our guys in Galwan and we had so many causalities? Those drones might not be armed, but could find our guys during night time.
Today's infiltrations have brought to light the persisting issue of availability.

NSG had opened a command centre's in J&K following pathankot which has undergone regular expansions and upgrades over the past few years.

Once the first drone attacks took place a few days back NSG deployed all its forwards units in J&K to protect critical army and airforce installations in the region.

A few more units from Delhi and other regions were airlifted to J&K to provide additional protection but even then it is impossible to cover every major installation in the area.

There is a limit to which the NSG can extend themselves without compromising their operations in other regions.

Simply put we will never have enough systems to cover all our bases so we have two options we continue to buy and spend enormous amount of money in a vain attempt to protect everything or we launch retaliatory strikes to signal pakistan that is not a threshold to be breached.

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
3 days in a row

New sightings of Drones in Jammu near military installations. This time, three seperate incidents of Drones sightings within 1 night between 1 - 4 am have been recorded.
1. Kaluchak cantt area
2. Ratnuchak
3. Kunjwani area

ladder

Country flag
3 days in a row

New sightings of Drones in Jammu near military installations. This time, three seperate incidents of Drones sightings within 1 night between 1 - 4 am have been recorded.
1. Kaluchak cantt area
2. Ratnuchak
3. Kunjwani area
How far are these from each other and how far are these from Jammu air base?

I am asking to find out whether only one pair of drone is involved.

Keep the dal lake incident separate. Most probably a hobby drone.

DivineLight

Today's infiltrations have brought to light the persisting issue of availability.

NSG had opened a command centre's in J&K following pathankot which has undergone regular expansions and upgrades over the past few years.

Once the first drone attacks took place a few days baco NSG deployed all its forwards units in J&K to protect critical army and airforce installations in the region.

A few more units from Delhi and other regions were airlifted to J&K to provide additional protection but even then it is impossible to cover every major installation in the area.

There is a limit to which the NSG can extend themselves with compromising their operations in other regions.

Simply put we will never have enough systems to cover all our bases so we have two options we continue to buy and spend enormous amount of money in a vain attempt to protect everything or we launch retaliatory strikes to signal pakistan that is not a threshold to be breached.
Some attacks happen, we move around our assets. Everything looks very reactionary to me. Is this how our armed forces operate?

Any professional army predicts stuff like that. And their governments grant funds to handle it. I don't know who is handling what in our country. Every time we find someone to blame. That's not how you run armed forces or country. More importantly, why no one speaking about this in any public space? if you go to twitter, everyone pretending like nothing is wrong.

Also DFI used to have some army brats and notice me senpai guys who shill for armed forces. What happened to them?

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't know if this was posted before,

:pound:
The nation state in its current form is a western concept.. But, India/ Indian subcontinent as a geographical and cultural entity has existed for as long as Hindus/ Dharma has existed in the region.. This can be gauged from various Sanskrit works like Bana Bhatta's Kadambari or Kalidasa's Meghaduta.. Also, China and Persia were seen as different civilizations in these works. Hindus from various kingdoms who used to go on pilgrimage to other kingdoms in India, never felt that they were traveling in alien lands..

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
To sum it up, we can't handle drone attacks. I guess MoD will buy some anti-drone tech and deploy to the front lines.

How are we handling chinese army if we can't shoot drones? Is this why drones chased our guys in Galwan and we had so many causalities? Those drones might not be armed, but could find our guys during night time.
If you see those Chinese videos of the night time brawl in Galwan, you can see that it was more like a fight in a packed Bar.. Finding people to bash up, would have been easy without drones with thermal cameras....

Knowitall

Some attacks happen, we move around our assets. Everything looks very reactionary to me. Is this how our armed forces operate?

Any professional army predicts stuff like that. And their governments grant funds to handle it. I don't know who is handling what in our country. Every time we find someone to blame. That's not how you run armed forces or country. More importantly, why no one speaking about this in any public space? if you go to twitter, everyone pretending like nothing is wrong.

Also DFI used to have some army brats and notice me senpai guys who shill for armed forces. What happened to them?
Let me answer this one by one:-

1) yes our military is reactionary in nature this is more to do with civilian leadership rather than military strategists.

2) people did talk about it for a day and two and later like all the things this too faded away. To give an example the amount of outrage I had seen on Twitter and Instagram during the first days of bengal violence was enormous same goes for 26 jan incidents.

Such things will always die down eventually until and unless the govt capitalizes on it.

3) no face to show for how long will you hide your weaknesses behind the pretext of funding and GOI.

Kumata

UPDATES

1) NBDC, NSG investigating.
2) RDX or TNT likely used in the blast.
3) Drones were controlled from across the border.
4) Involvement of local handler also.

BY the time they will complete investigation, gasti will keep on hovering over our heads and all we will do is "Kadi ninda". At times, i wonder where those lakhs of crores of defence budget goes... In upkeep of officers who are fighting govt since it stopped the praactice of ordeleys who were washing lingeries of their wifes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indiatester

Country flag
Retaliation threshold is defined by the army only. There is no need of paycut, the jawans will suffer only. I doubt there will be a visible retaliation for this incident. I expect a payback on the Pak military installations using proxies.
Unfortunately its not true that army sets the retaliation threshold.
During UPA time, the forces had to take permission for caliber escalation and they even needed to account for the bullets used.
Any payback (proxies or direct) must be loud, visible and impact must speak for itself. Reason for such is that the morale of our own side (am not talking of jawans) as well as morale of the enemy is important too!

I suggested paycut to the leadership (political, bureaucratic, legal and military)... its a rant anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles