India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Kumaoni

Foreign fighters are an utter joke.

They did increase from 94-98, and in 99 they managed to reduce the kill ratio from 5:1 average to a mere 2:1 (worst year for Indian army till this day), however, look at the 2000-2004 era, Indian army and para military made adjustments and smoked them with 4:1- 5:1 kill ratio, which is not bad considering that number includes both police forces and there is zero air support. 2003 was the best year in this regard (ironically the year I was born).

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
guy was hardcore militant.

look how he is smiling and doin that ballet dancer pose.
On a serious note, I'm positive he's got an vz.58, the AK but better

skunk works

Country flag
View attachment 184187Something I found from my archives. Imiah Gabriel Hurriyat, a Somalian terrorist killed in Anantnag along with 5 paki terrorists Sep 1993. Belonged to Harkat ul Ansar.
Frederick Forsyth wrote about the battle of Qala-i-Jangi that the British and US SF considered the Chechen fighters at the prison to be the hardest MFs.
Then you realize how IA handled Chechens in JAK in the 1990s when every metric was worse than it is today, and your chest swells with pride.

Super falcon

Country flag
Urban warfare for Pakistan he's talking about is Pakistani army dealing with its citizens and Taliban in Pakistani cities when they secretly shoot from buildings (what India has been facing in Kashmir) and not about an Indo Pakistan war which needs strategic and tactical battlefield capabilities, not urban warfare.
Ok I miss understood urban warfare is most difficult for any tank even Abrams T 80 have no answer

skunk works

Country flag
Ok I miss understood urban warfare is most difficult for any tank even Abrams T 80 have no answer
I believe the Israelis were modifying Merkava Mk 4 for urban warfare, don't know how successful they were. The Trophy APS was a part of that upgrade, and that was successful because the US Army bought it too.

Angel of War

Country flag
the greatest nightmare for any armoured formation is to enter a city and engage in urban warfare. You saw what happened with Lt col Alek's unit in Grozny. 1000 men went in with tanks and BMPs, a fraction of them came back in one piece

Last edited:

Blademaster

the greatest nightmare for any armoured formation is to enter a city and engage in urban warfare. You saw what happened with Lt col Alek's unit in Grozny. 1000 men went in with tanks and BMPs, a fraction of them came back in one piece
The Battle of Baghdad was a one time event that would not be repeated elsewhere. The Thunder run does not work in other urban settings. There was no proper defense works prepared like in Ukraine. I imagine that in Pakistan it would be worse.

Love Charger

ΰ€šΰ€•ΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€΅ΰ€°ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ₯€
Country flag
Plus when
Yes but trophy cannot stop 4 consecutive in coming ATGM at same time or differ of 0.5 sec
Saddam hussein attacked ahvaz on southern front
His commanders sent in tanks without armour protection
Then basij boys. Pasadaran and artesh men made a mince meat or keema of iraqi tanks .
Both at khurramsahar and ahvaz which was capital of khuzestan

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
The endless series of muscle flexing on western front... This time the most bulky strike corps.... 35 yrs ago under sundarji doctrine it was mandated to cut Pakistan into two.

May be army is preparing for a surprise attack,
do exercises for months and suddenly you are doing exercises in Lahore and no one realizes it.
IMO these are to validate the newly-raised IBGs in the western sector. Eastern and Northern sector IBG concepts are already finalised and verified earlier this year.

Angel of War

Country flag
The Battle of Baghdad was a one time event that would not be repeated elsewhere. The Thunder run does not work in other urban settings. There was no proper defense works prepared like in Ukraine. I imagine that in Pakistan it would be worse.
That's why the aim of armies is to fight as far away from urban areas as possible. It makes more sense to encircle a city and starve the defenders

Super falcon

Country flag
Yes a big lesson for tanks in Grozny learned

Global Defence

Articles