India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

mokoman

Country flag
I think you might be looking at the wrong Balakot, the one struck was in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, about 50 km from the LoC.
ur right , this is the one in pakistan . 50km from LOC .

:lehappy: i looked up the pakistani vid , they claimed to have hit 6 places inside india . they showed locations on google earth on stage LOL . first time seeing this.

another_armchair

Country flag
balakot is just 10 km from LOC , did either side cross LOC ?

i am guess they dropped spice bomb far from other side and flew away . everything else is drama for TV .
We hit Balakot in KPK, not the Balakot that's just across the border.

The pictures that emerged immediately after we hit them was of the JeM camp on Hill Top, Balakot in KPK.

Why would we risk AF to bomb some camp barely 10 km across the LoC when the same could've been achieved with Arty?

another_armchair

Country flag
Yes, and this is how on 27 Feb, Paki jets breached LoC unabated.

Where was our SAM batteries? oops! sorry, they were busy shooting their own.
Our Mi-17 which was taken out by friendly fire had its IFF off.

These kind of incidents though unfortunate do happen in the thick of action.

Iraq War (2003–2011)

• In the Battle of Nasiriyah, an American force of Amphibious Assault Vehicles (AAVs) and infantry under intense enemy fire were misidentified as an Iraqi armored column by two U.S. Air Force A-10s who carried out strafing runs on them. One Marine died as a result.
^That's just one incident involving super-duper Army-AF-Navy combine with the best network centric communication as per claims.

Shit happens.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Our Mi-17 which was taken out by friendly fire had its IFF off.

These kind of incidents though unfortunate do happen in the thick of action.

Iraq War (2003–2011)

^That's just one incident involving super-duper Army-AF-Navy combine with the best network centric communication as per claims.

Shit happens.
Vehicle is one thing but to not identify a helicopter is another level.... We will see much more intense scenario in real war...

maximus777

Country flag
Vehicle is one thing but to not identify a helicopter is another level.... We will see much more intense scenario in real war...
Just out of curiosity, does PAF fly Mi-17? If not, wouldn't the signature of the helicopter on the radar be sufficient for identification? Adding insult to injury!

maximus777

Country flag
They don't , what happened was more of negligence and human error than technical i believe.
Maybe its just one off and controversial to make such a blanket statement, but I get a sense that IA always punches above its weight whereas IAF flatters to deceive. The Balakot mission was flawless but Feb 27th was a fiasco.

another_armchair

Country flag
I pasted the first incident as example.

Here is a better one

The 1994 Black Hawk shootdown incident, sometimes referred to as the Black Hawk Incident, was a friendly fire incident over northern Iraq that occurred on 14 April 1994 during Operation Provide Comfort (OPC). The pilots of two United States Air Force (USAF) F-15 fighter aircraft, operating under the control of a USAF airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft, misidentified two United States Army UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters as Iraqi Mil Mi-24 "Hind" helicopters. The F-15 pilots fired on and destroyed both helicopters, killing all 26 military and civilians aboard, including personnel from the United States, United Kingdom, France, Turkey, and the Kurdish community.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles