India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Kumaoni

23 years ago, the climatic Battle of Tiger Hill took place.

3 Companies of 18 Grenadiers and one platoon of 8 Sikh attacked the hill complex in a multidirectional assault. The hill was held by one company of the legendary 12th NLI, one of the most decorated battalions in the Pakistan army.

C company and Ghatak Platoon take Tiger Hill Top, D company captures their objective, 8 Sikh platoon assaults and captures India gate (killing Captain Sher Kjan who died leading one of the bravest counterattacks ever recorded in history). A company links up with the rest by clearing the feature.
By July 8 clearance OPs are complete and Tiger Hill is declared clear of the enemy.

Another bright spot in the Indian army where the soldiers adjusted, coordinated well, and won the battle, something unheard of in western EOOOOROP Enemy lost around 32 in KIA including multiple officers, own casualties were 27.
7BE40E59-042F-4025-A71A-83AA7C85F31E.jpeg

Last edited:

Kumaoni

Found this interesting so posting here-

A reminder of how bad things were in Kashmir in the 90s.
Terrorists actually held territory and fought back the Indian Army's push several times.
This was a mere two decades ago.

While unimaginable today, do not consider your enemy weak.

Also, their leader in this video is Mast Gul, who's currently a high ranker in TTP. Funny, ain't it?

Footage of the same region after a mere month-
They “held” this territory hostage by infiltrating, they didn’t capture it or wrest it from any army unit , nor did they “fight back indian pushes several times”.

IA cordoned and sieged the area for an entire month, but didn’t attack it to a) avoid civilian casualties and B). The terrorists were in very holed up positions in the Mosque/Shrine. The one day the mosque went on fire and the militants had to come out and fight like men, so IA sent a team of battle hardened men of the Kumaon, Jat, and Gaurds regiment, which easily flushed out the militants, killing 20-25 for the loss of 2. Most of the killed were guest Mujahideen (whom kashmriis hated as much as IA forces).

Rudra7678

Country flag
Most of the killed were guest Mujahideen (whom kashmriis hated as much as IA forces).
I always thought Mujahideen were vastly over-rated, thanks to the cold war propaganda unleashed by the western media. Yes, they were battle hardened but I do remember reading articles by defense experts, who were shivering at the prospects of Aghan Mujahids coming to Kashmir and snatching it away. I do remember one of the esteemed members of this forum how Indian army was forbidden to confront them when they were moving in large numbers and how IA tactfully splintered a large into smaller groups, chased and killed them, while the remaining survivors escaped to Pakistan.

Kumaoni

I always thought Mujahideen were vastly over-rated, thanks to the cold war propaganda unleashed by the western media. Yes, they were battle hardened but I do remember reading articles by defense experts, who were shivering at the prospects of Aghan Mujahids coming to Kashmir and snatching it away. I do remember one of the esteemed members of this forum how Indian army was forbidden to confront them when they were moving in large numbers and how IA tactfully splintered a large into smaller groups, chased and killed them, while the remaining survivors escaped to Pakistan.
I refer to Mujahideen here as any Muslim militant fighter. Most afghan Mujahideen were killed or captured. Tho 1999 and even a large part of 2000 was a very bad year for the Indian amry

vidhwanshak

Country flag
bhai source??

would love to read about it.

Thanks

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles