India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Why would Israel rub salt? India is a non-player in the military affairs of the ME, and Israel too wants normalisation with UAE.
No dude, today something interesting posted on Israeli media.
What I was trying to say is basically this
👇

So basically Israel to India: I'm really sorry that my enemy's (who you consider as friend) proxy attacked our mutual friend and your citizens were killed. Bahut bura hua vo.
View attachment 132562
Iran and Hezbollah are staunch enemies of Israel, and we are friendly with Iran. It is analogous to, lets say if a Pakistani terrorist attack killed Sri Lankan citizens, we will take this opportunity to drive a wedge.

The Shrike

Country flag

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Why would Israel rub salt? India is a non-player in the military affairs of the ME, and Israel too wants normalisation with UAE.
I beg to disagree. India is a big player in ME. We have considerable influence with all parties and we have substantial RAW presence in the area. ME is like our backyard.

Covfefe

Country flag
I beg to disagree. India is a big player in ME. We have considerable influence with all parties and we have substantial RAW presence in the area. ME is like our backyard.
No military presence however. RAW presence would also have it's roots into Paki activities monitoring, tracking their finances and stuff but getting into their fights isn't something we've ever heard. Just when a few days back the UAE boat was hijacked with Indian nationals all we did was appeal to the Houthis. India is a big economic player, and may have considerable intelligence presence (that too mostly Paki focused) but we can't do anything militarily(like Uncle Sam or the Chongs or Iranians or the Ruskies, even Turks to Western Asia side)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Just when a few days back the UAE boat was hijacked with Indian nationals all we did was appeal to the Houthis.
You’ll have to play smart whenever possible, not all responses should be with force. Any kinetic response to Houthi hijackers would have made India vulnerable, because the Houthis are Iran backed hence you will never want sour relations with Iran. The ship was hijacked because of it being Emirati not because it had Indians. Never forget that what happened outside Israeli embassy in New Delhi might happen all over India if Iran wants and you know the reason why.

Covfefe

Country flag
You’ll have to play smart whenever possible, not all responses should be with force. Any kinetic response to Houthi hijackers would have made India vulnerable, because we Houthis are Iranian backed hence you will never want sour relations with Iran. The ship was hijacked of it being Emirati not because it had Indians. Never forget that what happened outside Israeli embassy in New Delhi might happen all over India if Iran wants and you know the reason why.
I understand, I was simply pointing out at the lack of capacity to do so. What direct military action could we have done against them even if we were to put out the Iran factor out of the equation for the sake of argument? None, anything would've to be directed from India only- a Marcos operation or otherwise. And that's perfectly fine, as and when our economy grows and hopefully our leaders and babus come out of non-alignment failure, we may have military bases in the ME and Africa.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I understand, I was simply pointing out at the lack of capacity to do so. What direct military action could we have done against them even if we were to put out the Iran factor out of the equation for the sake of argument? None, anything would've to be directed from India only- a Marcos operation or otherwise. And that's perfectly fine, as and when our economy grows and hopefully our leaders and babus come out of non-alignment failure, we may have military bases in the ME and Africa.
Its not that we haven’t done anything, I remember an incident when some Emirati princess was recovered from a Yatch off the shores of Goa by MARCOS. It was a complicated story but MARCOS if wants can anyday do it.

Covfefe

Country flag
Its not that we haven’t done anything, I remember an incident when some Emirati princess was recovered from a Yatch off the shores of Goa by MARCOS. It was a complicated story but MARCOS if wants can anyday do it.
🤦‍♂️
She was running away from her royal family with a foreign aide, we caught their boat in Indian waters and handed them back to Sheikhs so as to not piss them off
Understandably practical, but not something to be proud of

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
🤦‍♂️
She was running away from her royal family with a foreign aide, we caught their boat in Indian waters and handed them back to Sheikhs so as to not piss them off
Understandably practical, but not something to be proud of
Well MARCOS did storm the Yatch, its not that they were aware of it, they can anyday conduct an op in such Hijacks.

thefewthefearless

Country flag

Covfefe

Country flag
Well MARCOS did storm the Yatch, its not that they were aware of it, they can anyday conduct an op in such Hijacks.
Yes, they can but we don't have any Marcos/SF/NSG stationed anywhere in ME. And we have shown NO appetite to engage in any of their military affairs (which is not wrong, no point in fighting for a savage against a savage unless there are some huge gains to be made)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yes, they can but we don't have any Marcos/SF/NSG stationed anywhere in ME. And we have shown NO appetite to engage in any of their military affairs (which is not wrong, no point in fighting for a savage against a savage unless there are some huge gains to be made)
Indian Navy warships remain deployed in Arabian Sea everytime, you don’t need to have a Naval base, last I heard we do have a military base access in Duqm port in Oman but don’t know that we have deployed anything there or not.

Ayushraj

Country flag
Still wondering how Pakis got us to accept the ceasefire agreement. Our shelling used to clearly make them sh*t bricks. They managed to prevent us from using our big guns while they still happily send infiltrations across LoC. How? Am I missing something here?🤔
India signed ceasefire agreement when biden took oath.
Under Trump we had got no issues in using bofors near loc.

Porki tested shaheen 3 missile when biden took oath due to pressure faced by them on loc. They wanted US to do something and give them respite

It was US administration pressure
Deal singing happened in UAE a staunch US supporter

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
No military presence however.
You don't need military presence everywhere. Actually military presence can be counter-productive. RAW and MEA are enough to have to protect Indian interest.
We also have an understanding with most countries that in case of military aggression Indian will come to their aid.
RAW presence would also have it's roots into Paki activities monitoring, tracking their finances and stuff but getting into their fights isn't something we've ever heard. Just when a few days back the UAE boat was hijacked with Indian nationals all we did was appeal to the Houthis. India is a big economic player, and may have considerable intelligence presence (that too mostly Paki focused)
RAW is not solely focused on on Pakistan. Yes we do have a dedicated Pakistan desk but Pakistan is not the hole focus of RAW.
RAW caries out all kind of operation in ME not just monitoring Pakistan's activities.
You need to give them credit where it is due and not diminish their stature.
but we can't do anything militarily(like Uncle Sam or the Chongs or Iranians or the Ruskies, even Turks to Western Asia side)
Except from US none of the mentioned countries can do anything, not even Chinese.

Covfefe

Country flag
Except from US none of the mentioned countries can do anything, not even Chinese
China already has a military base in Djibouti and is developing one in UAE. Whether they choose to intervene or not, they do have the capability to intervene if needed- they can go a notch above diplomatic intervention and a nudge to the host country. Rest all the countries are fighting proxy battles throughout the region

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China already has a military base in Djibouti and is developing one in UAE. Whether they choose to intervene or not, they do have the capability to intervene if needed- they can go a notch above diplomatic intervention and a nudge to the host country. Rest all the countries are fighting proxy battles throughout the region
China has military and diplomatic capability to interfere in middle east but not intelligence
But why would they there is no need
Muzlims fighting muzlims with help of xyz countries
Hum jese desho ka kam popcorn khana hai aur bas apne interests, intelligence, investments ko protect karna hai
Bas chup nahi bethna same for China

Covfefe

Country flag
China has military and diplomatic capability to interfere in middle east but not intelligence
But why would they there is no need
Muzlims fighting muzlims with help of xyz countries
Hum jese desho ka kam popcorn khana hai aur bas apne interests, intelligence, investments ko protect karna hai
Bas chup nahi bethna same for China
I'm also not in favor of getting into any unrelated conflicts but was simply pointing towards the lack of capability to do so in ME presently.
But as our wish for growth in stature rises, so will our propensity to get into doosre ke phata- you cannot become a "net security provider" (and enjoy the subsequent benefits derived out of that status) by minding your own business. ME could be the first expeditionary experience for India

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I'm also not in favor of getting into any unrelated conflicts but was simply pointing towards the lack of capability to do so in ME presently.
But as our wish for growth in stature rises, so will our propensity to get into doosre ke phata- you cannot become a "net security provider" (and enjoy the subsequent benefits derived out of that status) by minding your own business. ME could be the first expeditionary experience for India
Sirji what you are saying will be a very big thing , invasion from indian side to me , kek

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
For our foot print in ME , we should provide security to these shia people from india who visit iraq for karbala etc

I mean deploy some forces there to provide safety to indian piligrimes , it's not a bad thing to do anyway.

Covfefe

Country flag
Sirji what you are saying will be a very big thing , invasion from indian side to me , kek
Invasion nahi keh Raha main😂
Damn why on earth would we invade goddamn Yemen
Limited military options- some missiles stationed there, Special Forces unit kinda thing
Abhi kuch bhi nahi hai apna wahan, and if India were to expand her military footprint ME, to me, appears as a natural progression given the high diaspora presence, positive image of India and our huge trading block(energy and otherwise)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles