India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

THESIS THORON

Country flag
After seeing the comments of veteran officials, I can't stop myself to judge them, how come these people can lack that amount of strategic thinking. No doubt most of the India system lacks strategic thinking and we tend to work in silos.
well he must be told that, this is not rajeev gandhi gov, who will take whole AC shamelessly for partying.

:mad2::mad2:

Covfefe

Country flag
he is veteran from army, then how is he posting such political statements ??
Officials, serving or retired, have a political bias. It mustn't matter what they say because most of them learn how to keep quiet in issues they don't have command over, after being shut down like any other "bloody civilian". They are not used to taking a 'No' in their service. It's pretty normal, happens all across the world.

scatterStorm

Country flag
They will refuse as we don't have any leverage in afganistan
Array we do not want any leverage in Afganistan anymore. That place is an invitation to plan going haywire. Better we do things using covertly at there border by destabilizing them using opposition forces. Which we are doing, but not at a scale that can cripple these buggers.

Afganistan is not our problem.

Rudra7678

Country flag
Officials, serving or retired, have a political bias. It mustn't matter what they say because most of them learn how to keep quiet in issues they don't have command over, after being shut down like any other "bloody civilian". They are not used to taking a 'No' in their service. It's pretty normal, happens all across the world.
This is one of my pet peeves with army officers whether serving or retired. I told a retired officer in my neighborhood WA group that all Indians recognize and take pride in the accomplishments of the Indian defense forces but this "Holy Cow" treatment, its over-glorification and dismissing non Army people is simply not done. Is it of any surprise that majority of these army officers, post retirement fall for scams and lose their hard earned money in civilian life? The respect has to be mutual. Army is for the nation and its civilian population and not the other way around.

Rudra7678

Country flag
Expect some retaliatory strikes, mostly within the valley, and the follow-up Mediagasm, nothing concrete really.
Sir, the strikes have to be disproportionate, heavy and brutal. But we have too many snow flakes, who couldn't even take casualties arising out of current encounter in Poonch.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Array we do not want any leverage in Afganistan anymore. That place is an invitation to plan going haywire. Better we do things using covertly at there border by destabilizing them using opposition forces. Which we are doing, but not at a scale that can cripple these buggers.

Afganistan is not our problem.
I said that in context of paki nsa coming here but did anybody else said about him coming to dehli or its just india today

Covfefe

Country flag
This is one of my pet peeves with army officers whether serving or retired. I told a retired officer in my neighborhood WA group that all Indians recognize and take pride in the accomplishments of the Indian defense forces but this "Holy Cow" treatment, its over-glorification and dismissing non Army people is simply not done. Is it of any surprise that majority of these army officers, post retirement fall for scams and lose their hard earned money in civilian life? The respect has to be mutual. Army is for the nation and its civilian population and not the other way around.
It's behavioural trait really, nothing much different from anywhere in the world. They lead a different and difficult life, a sense of superiority helps them sail through it. No biggie there as long as they are not Pak Army. Their better integration with the civilian society through Corporate hiring and other entrepreneurial practices must be encouraged. They are able leaders afterall.

XR SAM

Country flag
Hum log planning karte rahenge aur enemy ghar me ghus ke action karte rahenge..this is the fate of this nation.

doreamon

Country flag
Hum log planning karte rahenge aur enemy ghar me ghus ke action karte rahenge..this is the fate of this nation.
One indian company claimed they have devrloped foilage penetrating radar and radars which can detect small UAV from a distance of 25 km
This is a 2015 news . Army might have acquired it . Who knows ..

scatterStorm

Country flag
Man, what then these guys are smoking. That's not reassuring anyways, its been gone to another IAFs bag of blunders.

pipebomb

Country flag
Taliban victory in Afghanistan has send a powerful message across the world particularly in Indian subcontinent to the peacefulls which is worrying. I don't see any sol to peacefulls demography bomb(which in my opinion their brahmastra & not the 'muslism bomb' & they know it) from bjp or rss establishment. Even if we take control of pir panjal range through a limited war it would only provide some tactical advantages that's all.

It is Bangladesh that i find more worrying than paxtan or afganistan. Also imho Taliban victory has the most impact on Bangladesh.

So is there one solution to all this problems, actually there is ONE. If we can take care of paxtan permanently, it would be easier before they went nuclear but time is running out.

There is a SMALL window before they gain 2nd strike capability ( i believe they trying very hard to get it as soon as possible). We need to conduct first debilitating n strike. Small ethnic states with no military power will come into existence where paxtan situated on the map today.

But most imp is there will be peace for the next 2-3 decades in subcontinent, & we will get the time to fix our demography problem.

I am not proposing an overkill sol here but a necessary one. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Expect some retaliatory strikes, mostly within the valley, and the follow-up Mediagasm, nothing concrete really.
This can be serious, how did Govt. didn't realize, that PLAGF is at our doorsteps, and then this situation happened. I do not want to go into the rabbit hole of conspiracies, but Chinese are dead set on taking up there arse in Laddakh and Himalayas.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Taliban victory in Afghanistan has send a powerful message across the world particularly in Indian subcontinent to the peacefulls which is worrying. I don't see any sol to peacefulls demography bomb(which in my opinion their brahmastra & not the 'muslism bomb' & they know it) from bjp or rss establishment. Even if we take control of pir panjal range through a limited war it would only provide some tactical advantages that's all.

It is Bangladesh that i find more worrying than paxtan or afganistan. Also imho Taliban victory has the most impact on Bangladesh.

So is there one solution to all this problems, actually there is ONE. If we can take care of paxtan permanently, it would be easier before they went nuclear but time is running out.

There is a SMALL window before they gain 2nd strike capability ( i believe they trying very hard to get it as soon as possible). We need to conduct first debilitating n strike. Small ethnic states with no military power will come into existence where paxtan situated on the map today.

But most imp is there will be peace for the next 2-3 decades in subcontinent, & we will get the time to fix our demography problem.

I am not proposing an overkill sol here but a necessary one. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.
Nuclear strike isn't happening. There's an escalation ladder, there are some threshold that both countries need to maintain. This conversation in pointless, however, I do find interesting that you considered Bangladesh, as Chinese will try there hell best to topple govt. If this happens, we will be out of options.

pipebomb

Country flag
Nuclear strike isn't happening. There's an escalation ladder, there are some threshold that both countries need to maintain. This conversation in pointless, however, I do find interesting that you considered Bangladesh, as Chinese will try there hell best to topple govt. If this happens, we will be out of options.
Phir ladte raho aur marte raho

backburner

Country flag
One indian company claimed they have devrloped foilage penetrating radar and radars which can detect small UAV from a distance of 25 km
This is a 2015 news . Army might have acquired it . Who knows ..

another one from 2016

https://israeldefense.co.il/en/content/report-india-interested-elbits-foliage-penetration-radar

Global Defence

New threads

Articles