India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Angel of War

Country flag
"We r fully prepared to take back PoK from Pakistan. We r waiting the orders from the govt. We will complete the operation quickly. Before that if Pakistan is violating ceasefire, the answer will be different, even they can not imagine." - Commanding-in-Chief Northern Command IA

The best time to invade PoK will be when china is busy invading taiwan. I don't see that happening till 2028

Angel of War

Country flag
Yeah gone those days of 70s 80s 90s where I personally think we were at our best possible military power in the region
Challenges we faced were of next level of what we could imagine
All happened in a proper manner due to quality officers which we lack today peacetime attitude and lethargicness
No one is questioning the corruption and lobbying in those times they were all time high but capability and tactics were commendable
Someone has truly said things are going down day by day
In peacetime , army was busy fighting multiple insurgencies which kept it active , post 1989 their priorities simply changed from conventional warfare to counter insurgency because the nation was going through a phase of turmoil back then with multiple acitve insurgencies in Punjab, Kashmir , Nagaland, Assam and Manipur. However it had a negative impact on the mindset of our senior leadership as the army got indulged into CI ops for a very long period of time. This peaked somewhere in the late 90s-mid 2000s. However the era of CI ops is over. The army has pulled out all divisions from CI ops in NE, these troops are being retrained and redeployed to forward areas along LAC where military presence was minimal earlier. The army's focus has shifted back to conventional warfare after being indulged in CI ops for nearly 33 years. The major shift came in the form that instead of Pakistan, china is now perceived as the biggest threat to our sovereignty.
Right now our focus should be on building infrastructure and new capabilities. All of this can only come if we focus on our economy. Bigger the economy, the better it is for the army

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
We can still pull off those stunts, but
1) china today is a lot more active in the neighborhood and much more powerful than it was in the 80s. Not to mention it's the largest trading partner of all our neighbors except bhutan
2) situation on the western borders is in a stalemate due to nuclear weapons. We cannot pull off a large maneuver on their side without risking a full blown escalation. The threshold for conflict has been kept very low.
3) we did not have an active LAC back then. Ofcourse there were a few indicidents like the one in sumdorong chu but the magnitude of chinese military presence in TAR wasn't as threatening as it is today. That means we have to tie up our operational reserves on the LAC and Mcmahon line which we didn't do earlier. So that leaves lesser forces for a foreign intervention..
4) india does not seek active military confrontation because it is going through a period of healthy economic growth which can be negatively impacted as a consequence of armed conflicts. Internal peace and stability today in india is much better than the 80s , the government wants to keep it that way.
It's in our best interest to be at peace till our economy reaches a respectable size.
Now that is a very good and sensible take on this statement and most probably what the government will actually do, good one rudy .

Bharatiya

Country flag
We shouldn't start a conventional war. It's only the finishing touch when Pakis economy is dried up, its army weakened and isolated and its spirit weathered.

If China tries to keep India down with Pakistan, India should use Afghanistan to put pressure on Pakistan. There's also Baloch and TTP.

Paki has been waging continuous unconventional warfare against us for decades. The terrorists never stop. Paki keeps sending drugs through drones. Where's the retaliation? This isn't ceasefire. This is treating the army like a fool.

India should retaliate and push that nation into chaos. Any trick in the book, dirty or not, should be used if it furthers the objective. The goal should be to keep the army engaged in insurgencies and Afghanistan so much that they wouldn't have enough resources to match India.

TL;DR: No direct warfare at least until the end of this decade. Fund Paki's internal wars and external enemies and push them into chaos.

Bharat Army

Country flag
Why i feel this type of empty boast dosent suit a officer in charge of whole command.
No sir , with all due respect you are neither capable nor you can accomplish the objective quickly .
The army brass said same thing about operation pawan, the army didt speak truth to Nehru about woeful overall state of military back then either , both were disasters.
Sam manekshaw contended with redoubtable indira gandhi and strongly advised against a operation in east pakistan in May.
The rest was history , he refused because he knew the real state of preparedness.
Or it might be the general is talking about so called azad kashmir , and gilgit baltistan and shaksgaam which is a part of China, dont appear in his plans .
@Lonewolf
Truck loads of shit. Completely waste of internet, time, electricity and running cost of servers.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Truck loads of shit. Completely waste of internet, time, electricity and running cost of servers.
Thik hai. , but kuch nai hone wala sirji
Nischint rahiye aap.
LAC is active.with world's second largest military breathing down your neck, and world's largest navy making repeated ingress in your vicinity .
What makes you belive chin won't react?
Iam not making fun of our army for I know iam not even equal to speck of dust to their greatness and valour.
I guess, government is more comfortable about Pakistan dying its own death .which it will soon.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nischint rahiye aap.
LAC is active.with world's second largest military breathing down your neck, and world's largest navy making repeated ingress in your vicinity .
Iam not making fun of our army for I know iam not even equal to speck of dust to their greatness and valour.
I guess, government is more comfortable about Pakistan dying its own death .which it will soon.
China is currently same as west till 2000s for Pakistan
I remember my mother while doing MBA was telling me about selling yourself (take it in good meaning) in best price is an art
After years I understood the best artist in this area is Pakistan

Bharat Army

Country flag
Nischint rahiye aap.
Please read what you had posted earlier.

What you expect from CinC of a command? He is there to make sure, what is being ordered by political leadership.

POK is not the priority for military nor political leadership as of now. Entire focus is on economy and form a formidable defense in case of 2 front wars.

For sure, we will get POK and Aksai Hind back, but don't expect it is going to happen anytime soon.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Please read what you had posted earlier.

What you expect from CinC of a command? He is there to make sure, what is being ordered by political leadership.

POK is not the priority for military nor political leadership as of now. Entire focus is on economy and form a formidable defense in case of 2 front wars.

For sure, we will get POK and Aksai Hind back, but don't expect it is going to happen anytime soon.
Oh don't worry. Sir i dont expect it to happen in my life time. However long it is.
And when ever it happens. And India takes back our own territory, I will be elated even in death .

Bharat Army

Country flag
Oh don't worry. Sir i dont expect it to happen in my life time. However long it is.
And when ever it happens. And India takes back our own territory, I will be elated even in death .
You are lucky enough to see all this in your life, but don't get impatient.
Keeping emotions aside, at this point of time, there is no value add for POK. We have hold on most of the natural resources of J&K. All we need to stop water flowing to porkistan. (In progress)
Getting POK means whole native population (kuda kachra) will be included as well. Economic impact, loss of defense resources, impact on Chinese front and lot more. We are not ready for this.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
You are lucky enough to see all this in your life, but don't get impatient.
Keeping emotions aside, at this point of time, there is no value add for POK. We have hold on most of the natural resources of J&K. All we need to stop water flowing to porkistan. (In progress)
Getting POK means whole native population (kuda kachra) will be included as well. Economic impact, loss of defense resources, impact on Chinese front and lot more. We are not ready for this.
I agree with this, pok is a obsession but it holds no particular strategic importance , as all rivers i guess originate in Tibet and getting back pok means we get a direct border with afgans through wakhan corridor which I don't want

Coalmine

Country flag
What will we do with those K2WAs that come with POK.
Unless change of constitution happens with change of Ideology to Hindu Rashtra. Its not right to move to POK
Basic Structure of India should be preservation of Dharma And Hindu Religion and people.
No decision in the country should be taken without agreementand benefit of Hindus .

Last edited:

Angel of War

Country flag
Nischint rahiye aap.
Inshallah brother
Ameen 🤲

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
What will we do with those K2WAs that come with POK.
Unless change of constitution happens with change of Ideology to Hindu Rashtra. Its not right to move to POK
Basic Structure of India should be preservation of Dharma And Hindu Religion and people.
No decision in the country should be taken without agreementand benefit of Hindus .
In today scenario India Should behave like Israel in order to survive the Radicals war

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Fresh slaughter inbound?
Hope it doesn't end like the last time forest search and destroy ops went down
Hope so, this seemed to me a fidayeen attack like last year. Hope that our boys are safe.
Also India should start fresh investments in Afghanistan to make paki dalkhors wet their pants.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
it will not be the case that CO made this statement as part of some press release, it would probably be because some stupid journo asked this question during a press conference of some event. journo would have asked this because retired jernails brought this up on twitter a few days back.

if a journo asks "Is IA ready to take back PoK?", an IA CO cannot say no because there is a parliamentary resolution to that effect. the journo knows this, but the stupid fellow will still ask anyways because his editor needs something sensational to print. as i keep saying, journos are not so bright people.
In my opinion if the gernail had guts he would have said - we cannot take back PoK because we don't have the political will or guts to do it .
Set fire to the political asses so to speak and see what happens

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles