India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

BangaliBabu

Country flag
I am not sure what you are trying to say. Please elaborate.

I won't argue in favor of it being an accidental launch. The reason is I myself am not 100% convinced that it is. But at the same time, I do not believe our armed forces gathered enough guts to take such a huge risk. So, I will give salient points for both arguments -

The argument that it was an accidental fire :-
  • Our armed forces does not really have a reputation of being pro-active, but rather reactive. Shooting a cruise missile (which can be easily taken as nuclear first strike) at an nuclear-armed enemy requires balls equivalent to Israel and Russia, that too without any strong incentive (like Pulwama).
  • That GoI itself admitted that it was an misfire (lets take it at its face value for now).
  • GoI formally informed about the accidental launch to Pakistan through official channels.
  • Others, including US & Nitin Gokhale (journalist connected with defence forces) admitted it was accidental.
  • Missile lacked a warhead. A warhead would have done greater destruction and burn marks.
  • Accidents like this do happen. I have seen AA guns of jets fired on the ground, A2A missiles being fired while on ground, bombs and fuel tanks dropping unintentionally, hell, USA has accidentally dropped nuclear bombs on itself as well as on different friendly countries.

• The 2-key mechanism/safetly etc. as being touted by experts, they are not wrong, but fail to recognize the possibility of root-level failures, for example, software malfunction overriding safety, or hardware failure of the fire pin.
The argument that it was an intentional fire :-
  • All air exercises (Vayu Shakti) and defense events (Defence expo) canceled suspiciously. Although counter-argument is that it is due to the perceived fallout of the Ukraine-Russia conflict.
  • "Accidentally" launching cruise missile is kind of extremely difficult, if not impossible. Same is reiterated by multiple defence personnel.
  • Not initiating killswitch/self-destruct is suspicious.
  • The missile hit a residential target when it could have hit anything, infact 100 meters north and south of the target is open field. The probability that it will "accidentally" fall on a highway-side house instead of open fields is extremely low.
  • Delay in GoI's official response can indicate we were trying to gauge Pakistan's reaction first (and they downplayed it aswell).
  • The missile hitting a close residential target while facing zero casaulties/injuries is pretty suspicious.
They downplayed it, or confirmed it was a missile hit only after examining debris?? I believe it's the latter.

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag

Takla Hilaly makes 2 important points:
1. no insignia on missile
2. self destruct payload "to eliminate evidence"

All in all India trying to test paki defences--unofficial ISPR line

Any evidence for self destruction payload?

Secondly, regarding no insignia, we have seen videos showing the scraps with Ananth industries logo.

Maveli

Country flag
They never would have figured out who fired a Brahmos missile at them if we had just scratched out that damn logo. And how clever of us not to put a warhead on it, but instead an high explosive charge designed to detonate at the point of impact.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
No logical reasoning behind why he thinks so or anything:crazy:. I wonder why our 2 enemies haven't opened up their fronts already if we are so weak:dude:
2022-2030 is the window for China-Pak combined offensive. Each day the military power gap between us and Pak/China is increasing as technological advancement and industrial output of China outpaces us, while we decide whether to buy Rafale and MQ-9 Predators because they cost more.

Ofc we will get our asses whooped. Probably even worse than 1971 in a real 2 front war. Why would anyone think otherwise is beyond me when you look at the state of IAF and IA. Porkis wont dare invade now on their own and chinks are just waiting until they can gain overwhelming superiority over us. They already have close to 200 J-20s according to some sources and this figure is increasing by 50+ each year. Add in the J-16s and 10s and the gap will be too much for even the most optimistic/deluded person to say otherwise. Meanwhile IAF is still dillydallying over ordering Tejas Mk2s and HAL is taking their own sweet time
Ordering Tejas Mk2 today won't amount to anything, it is not ready. Orders will be placed at the appropriate time when they will be ready, like LCA Mk1A. HAL should really buckle up and complete the delivery of LCA Mk1, LUH, and LCH rather than making tall claims and empty promises. Their 6 jets/helicopter per year rate is pathetically low and useless.

===========================================================

One thing that is very apparent in the Ukraine-Russia conflict, is that economy is as important as war machines. Pakistan cannot sustain a war for more than a week, China is a problem, but can be tamed if we can convince the west to sanction them similar to Russia. The Chinese economy is more tightly linked to the global supply chain than Russia, so it will be extremely tough for both parties to put sanctions and maintain them as well.

Blademaster

can’t be 15000. Production rate is 50-100 per year. Should be able to estimate the stock based on number of launchers in inventory. that calculation will be there somewhere here at DFI.
Any way we can increase it to 500 missiles per year? We need to have a huge stockpile of them like 10K to cover all the strategic targets adequately. It is not enough to bomb once. We need to bomb the same target multiple times to ensure total destruction. What is the shelf life of the brahmos?

Ayushraj

Country flag
This is basically a more saner version of "1 pork mullah=10 hindus". Porks think the same about us like you think about chongs. :rofl:
Chings are not going to fight war.

China only cares for trade.
Chinese have logistics nightmare in their western theatre only their long range cruise missile and rocket artillery are threat.

China will never fight war. Those who thinks China will fight war can wait for life long but it will never happen

saneel2014

Country flag
I have a question....by pulling out the accidental missile thing...did we allowed pakistan to study tactic of diverting the missile mid flight? Next time we try it, they might be able to intercept it

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I have a question....by pulling out the accidental missile thing...did we allowed pakistan to study tactic of diverting the missile mid flight? Next time we try it, they might be able to intercept it
How ? How the fuck ,if u don't know then ask can they intercept it .

And no they can't , they don't have interceptor for it

Articles