India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Covfefe

Country flag
Regulate the hawala fund coming to JK from southern states of India and JK will breathe much easier.
Ohh we suck at domestic surveillance too- technical intelligence, and financial intelligence both. And human intelligence at the mercy of the officer in charge.

pipebomb

Country flag
Would like get enlightened on IA use of paras for CI within sovereign Indian territory( i am not questioning IA, just wants to understand the reasoning behind), are the regular units not trusted as much as paras ?

pankaj nema

Country flag
As I had mentioned.
Does this mean that RR does not patrol the hinterland

And If and When , terrorists manage to
OutFlank our posts on LOC and sneak inside our Counter Infiltration Grid ,
they will be able to get behind our troops and be able to stop our logistics supply to the forward posts

May be there were waiting for the LOC to get active and then they would have come out of their hiding and attacked our posts from behind

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Would like get enlightened on IA use of paras for CI within sovereign Indian territory( i am not questioning IA, just wants to understand the reasoning behind), are the regular units not trusted as much as paras ?
Would put it like... better training, longer practice duration, foreign exposure, better equipment & much better IQ than regular infantry units... all of this is perceived to decrease the chances of casualties.

he looks tired and depressed ,proabably he is loosing faith in mr 56
Rather than making fun... just imagine what Jaishankar ji is going to do on a "5 day visit"... the length of stay in a tiny but powerful Israel is raising questions in my mind... the visit is being described as one for strengthening strategic ties... & India-Israel relation has 1 single most important component which nobody needs to guess.

Last edited:

Rxbanda

Country flag
Manna padenga pak India ko bewkuuf banana janta hai, tabhi humne ceasefire accept kiya. Modi not looks good for security front, he good in business.
Sorry brother. But I want to post my opinion quoting you.
We, including myself, are too eager to certify our leaders.
If I am not wrong, this govt. has done very well till now in dealing with Pakistan. Give them time. The situation looks more complex, than it usually is. The govt. wanted to do demographic changes. Tried to promote tourism. Remember the video circulating on Twitter last week from Dal lake, Srinigar? Backlash is expected. Yes, we lost more than a dozen soldiers+civilians. Unfortunate. But this is a war with a rogue nation which is fighting for ego and a piece of land, putting in line everything- their economy, future etc.
I am myself mighty upset with the internal unrest going on. But in dealing with Pak, they did a decent job till now.

Also, being good for business will eventually be good for security. The rule of the world is might is right. Getting economically strong, will eventually improve security also.
All the border road constructions going on in the last few years, will be very valuable for decades to come in terms of security.

another_armchair

Country flag
There's a two front situation and it would be stupid to assume that both Pakistan and China won't take advantage if they can. I won't be surprised if it's coordinated. A lot of posters here seem to be very optimistic as far as things we can do, we are in a very tough situation and the government hasn't planned well enough. Our leverage is limited because we haven't planned nearly enough for such a situation. . A thousand heavy artillery guns on the LoC would have given the Pakistanis something to think about.

This government inherited a poor hand on defence but they haven't focused much on making up immediate shortcomings especially on things that we could have done something quickly about. The army's stupid procrastination on ATAGS will cost us plenty but the government should have pushed harder, atleast for a few hundred pieces. Emergency procurement is all very fine but it suggests a deeper malaise that needs to be rectified. Repeating such procurement can only be seen as incompetence.

I'm hoping against hope that we have more cards than we have shown, things that will make a difference now. Just to make it clear, nothing that has happened so far including the recent upsurge in terrorist activities is completely unexpected but there is a possibility that it could get worse. I just wish, we had more intermediate levers that would have given pakistan pause. They seem to be betting that with the LAC being what it is, our hands may be tied up with regard to escalation.
We have a surplus of Arty of assorted caliber.

Rest assured, even if 30% of the existing ones open up all at one go from the Rajasthan border to Tawang border, we will scorch whatever we end up hitting.

Agreed, ATAGS is fancy with its long range and greater payload but the existing inventory is more than sufficient.

pipebomb

Country flag
Would put it like... better training, longer practice duration, foreign exposure, better equipment & much better IQ than regular infantry units... all of this is perceived to decrease the chances of casualties.
But it will also mean risking your best asset, and your regular troop won't get enough exposure if everytime you call in paras. Also should we increase ratio of paras to regular troops by a few lakhs if IA wants to use paras everywhere ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles