India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
like I said earlier today, we anticipated porks retaliatory action the very next day. We should have activated SAMs instead of going head on air to air fight. We could've downed multiple enemy jets possibly even an F-16 (for real) and saved ourselves from the utter humiliation that followed.
SAMs were active. But also ask what SAM ? With what range ? Placed where ? How will a SPYDER SAM placed at Srinagar AFB shoot F-16s flying 20 kms inside Pakistan ?

Analyze the whole ORBAT, what did PAF do during that day ? Were we really caught off-guard ? How could Su-2 X 30MKI and 2 X Mirage-2000 CAP flying inside India anticipate Pak firing AMRAAMs from well-within Pakistan all of a sudden when we are not in an active war ?

If you don't know, ask. Don't throw accusations.

mokoman

Country flag

no confirmation on whats happening ...

like I said earlier today, we anticipated porks retaliatory action the very next day. We should have activated SAMs instead of going head on air to air fight. We could've downed multiple enemy jets possibly even an F-16 (for real) and saved ourselves from the utter humiliation that followed.
were PAF jets in range of SAM ?

Extraordinary

Country flag
anticipate Pak firing
There is no anticipation here.
A missile fired is a missile fired.
What's the SOP? Don't expect a missile being fired?

More than one thing went wrong that day, we came out as total clowns that day, pakistani clowned as well but that's their identity.

jai jaganath

Country flag
So situation is
7-8 terrorists are trapped i.e 2 grps
3 civilians have been killed including 1 child
3 more civilians in hostage situation

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Well its not incorrect, but I am not wrong as well.

I think I already mentioned that window went away on 27th Feb 2019 night when we didn't take action. Regarding retaliatory action, Pakistan already retaliated by shooting at our jets flying inside our territory and trying to bomb our military installations. Regarding feasibility of our actions, everything was in place, including Gen. Bajwa with his shivering legs sitting on his toilet praying.

Why do you assume our armed forces are so incompetent we can't even take on Pakistan ?
"incompetent" may be your assumption, not mine.

this is from MEA statement on 26th, words mentioned are non-military pre-emptive action, it is non-escalatory language. idea was not to trigger a war, but to send a message.

similar language was used when declaring surgical strike in 2016, in the statement itself it was said, our operations have concluded.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 11.08.44 PM.png

if the intent was to escalate to a naval battle i.e declaration of war, security establishment would have moved forces in anticipation of war.

https://www.mea.gov.in/press-releas...on_the_Strike_on_JeM_training_camp_at_Balakot

i hope you have not started believing that pakis are a weak enemy, and started assuming that they are going to sit idle.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
yeah anybody disagree with is automatically a sulla or a deshdrohi. Real mature, kid.
Talk shit -> People hold you accoutable -> Cry, why am I being targetted ?

Freedom of speech works both ways.

very sorry bro. I almost forgot we are not supposed to question the system or the system will question our identity, nationality, fealty etc. some fool here forget that fealty to nation is not fealty to officials. we should have the right to question, whether they like it or not.
Yeah question the system, criticize it, I do it too (I just did infact). But here I don't see any question, just false accusations like how Pakistanis gaslight us.

👇

The only difference it would have made is "Abhinandan captured after his Rafale jet shot down by porkis."
You can't compensate incompetence with Hardware.
P.S.- The Sukhois patroling the area chickened out by a bunch of AIM-120s.

mcpo117

Country flag
SAMs were active. But also ask what SAM ? With what range ? Placed where ? How will a SPYDER SAM placed at Srinagar AFB shoot F-16s flying 20 kms inside Pakistan ?

Analyze the whole ORBAT, what did PAF do during that day ? Were we really caught off-guard ? How could Su-2 X 30MKI and 2 X Mirage-2000 CAP flying inside India anticipate Pak firing AMRAAMs from well-within Pakistan all of a sudden when we are not in an active war ?

If you don't know, ask. Don't throw accusations.
MKIs are mini AWACS. also they are air superiority fighters. Did we dominate the skirmish that day? We lost one fighter, one helicopter full of personnel to friendly fire, got one Pilot captured. We downed an F16 but except radar reading, we couldn't produce convincing evidence for that too. Porkis kinda won the information war following that.
By the time "Unke pair kaanp rahe the" came out, the damage was done.
P.S. I come from Bengal, I know incompetence when I see one.

mcpo117

Country flag
Talk shit -> People hold you accoutable -> Cry, why am I being targetted ?

Freedom of speech works both ways.

Yeah question the system, criticize it, I do it too (I just did infact). But here I don't see any question, just false accusations like how Pakistanis gaslight us.

👇
I made none. you find the pill too hard to swallow. IAF used to mop the floor with PAF face. Used to.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
MKIs are mini AWACS. also they are air superiority fighters. Did we dominate the skirmish that day? We lost one fighter, one helicopter full of personnel to friendly fire, got one Pilot captured. We downed an F16 but except radar reading, we couldn't produce convincing evidence for that too. Porkis kinda won the information war following that.
By the time "Unke pair kaanp rahe the" came out, the damage was done.
P.S. I come from Bengal, I know incompetence when I see one.
Okay, I will talk facts with you.
  • Did we dominate the Skirmish ? - What is meant by to dominate ? If a 4x CAP stopping a combined strike package of 24x PAF jets from ingressing inside India and hold them off for ~5 minutes (which is a lot of time in air combat terminology) for reinforcements to arrive, then yes we did.

• Mig-21 Shot Down, Abhinandan Captured - Abhinandan disobeyed SOP and went for the kill in YOLO style, his wingman retreated. Blunder ? Yes.

• Friendly Fire of Mi-17, Blunder ? Yes.

• Was the Operation a success ? Let's look at the military objectives.
    • Balakot Airstrike -> Success, message sent.
    • Next day PAF strike package thwarted from ingression & achieving target -> Success.
  • Counter-Argument : We lost because we had +1 aircraft lost than Pakistan. To that, I will say military victories are counted on objectives, not casaulties. Soviet Union defeated Germany in WW2. What were the casaulty numbers for Soviet Union and Germany ?

Narasimh

Country flag
Modi govt. is turning into a disaster. I thought making him VCOAS was a good way of getting rid of him for good. This guy is single-handedly responsible for all the inaction and lukewarm initiatives to the Rajouri-Poonch belt ambushes.

God save the country :facepalm:
why the over-reaction.. COAS is not going to handle operations in J&K, largely administrative role.. so even if your assumption is true, you should be happy

Austin316

Country flag
Okay, I will talk facts with you.
  • Did we dominate the Skirmish ? - What is meant by to dominate ? If a 4x CAP stopping a combined strike package of 24x PAF jets from ingressing inside India and hold them off for ~5 minutes (which is a lot of time in air combat terminology) for reinforcements to arrive, then yes we did.

• Mig-21 Shot Down, Abhinandan Captured - Abhinandan disobeyed SOP and went for the kill in YOLO style, his wingman retreated. Blunder ? Yes.

• Friendly Fire of Mi-17, Blunder ? Yes.

• Was the Operation a success ? Let's look at the military objectives.
    • Balakot Airstrike -> Success, message sent.
    • Next day PAF strike package thwarted from ingression & achieving target -> Success.
  • Counter-Argument : We lost because we had +1 aircraft lost than Pakistan. To that, I will say military victories are counted on objectives, not casaulties. Soviet Union defeated Germany in WW2. What were the casaulty numbers for Soviet Union and Germany ?
No point in debating the past. Let's see how govt is tackling this cowards

another_armchair

Country flag
Dovals ceasefire agreement coming back to haunt us and now pork’s have made Jammu area hot with terrorists infiltration.
Doval was just the scapegoat to face the brunt of all fakups in the future.

The pressure was exerted on PMO by ______ and the powers that be buckled.

mokoman

Country flag
terrorist slit throat of person who saw them , maybe same group .

i think same group or batch that killed that VDG some time back .

Last edited:

Global Defence

Articles