India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

mcpo117

Country flag
you do realise that, the above mentioned sentiment is exactly what paki were aiming for, and you are giving it to them on a platter.
I'm not giving anyone anything. but the recent events have made it abundantly clear that grunts' lives are being wasted in otherwise avoidable circumstances. we need to do better. what's most frightening is a remote possibility of resentment at unit level which won't be pretty. both brass and govt need to do better.

Covfefe

Country flag
Bhaisahab! Our people don't have the appetite to fight it out with medievals.
We're wimping like a poor military dog whose tail is clutched by a SJW bully.

Priority should've been - bring GoI and Army to account for the death of our soldiers and mutilation of their bodies.
Priority we have- death of some civilians/ OGWs
Enquiry karao, force se bahar nikalo, sorry bolo, responsible army bano

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
so the border guard's bro was either part of the problem or collateral?
Honestly there is no co-relation of brother being in Army and being pro-Army / pro-Militants.

I think the killing of informers.. the release of mirchi videos.. and hefty compensation to next of kin.. were all planned together ... to slap these OGWs and send a message.. and then apply some balm on their battered a**
Unlikely. Govt. is just acting in panic, Army is acting in frustation.

Correct thing to do is pick them up from their homes (so that locals are watching) and just vanish them. You cant' say they were killed, and you can't say they were tortured. Complete deniability yet induced fear-factor.

Tuco

Country flag
Honestly there is no co-relation of brother being in Army and being pro-Army / pro-Militants.

Correct thing to do is pick them up from their homes (so that locals are watching) and just vanish them. You cant' say they were killed, and you can't say they were tortured. Complete deniability yet induced fear-factor.
And don't make video of it in uniform and leak the same, putting everyone in difficult situation. Fear can be spread without videos to, it was done earlier.

Tuco

Country flag

The video is everywhere, spreading like wildfire.

Covfefe

Country flag

Exactly! Put the fear of Yamraj into them. That "Black Vigo" is very much possible this side of the border as well, and so are the "unknown men"

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I'm not giving anyone anything. but the recent events have made it abundantly clear that grunts' lives are being wasted in otherwise avoidable circumstances. we need to do better. what's most frightening is a remote possibility of resentment at unit level which won't be pretty. both brass and govt need to do better.
sure, you are entitled to your views.

objective of terrorism is to terrorise the public of the target state, to create distrust and doubts in the minds of public against the state.

imagine jihadi IT cell is watching this page, will it not give them the satisfaction of achieving one of their objectives. i.e to create doubts and distrust.

sentences can always be rephrased, while keeping in mind not to give an inch of satisfaction to jihadi ecosystem. just a minute for review before typing something is not too much of an ask i think.

on my part, i have made this choice years back. it's upto others to make their own choice on this.

mcpo117

Country flag
sure, you are entitled to your views.

objective of terrorism is to terrorise the public of the target state, to create distrust and doubts in the minds of public against the state.

imagine jihadi IT cell is watching this page, will it not give them the satisfaction of achieving one of their objectives. i.e to create doubts and distrust.

sentences can always be rephrased, while keeping in mind not to give an inch of satisfaction to jihadi ecosystem. just a minute for review before typing something is not too much of an ask i think.

on my part, i have made this choice years back. it's upto others to make their own choice on this.
Well on the brighter side, if these forums are that much worth paying attention to by the bad guys, then I hope good guys are paying attention too. Hope something good comes out of it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Well on the brighter side, if these forums are that much worth paying attention to by the bad guys, then I hope good guys are paying attention too. Hope something good comes out of it.
don't really care, who is watching this forum. my interest is in making sure conversations that happen here are useful to the defence enthusiasts who come to the forum. once statements start getting repetitive every few days, it means conversations are in a loop and not moving forward.

i am here to make sure, time spent in this forum is a learning experience for those who are here to learn. so i intervene to move the conversation forward where ever i can.

Illusive

Country flag

Priority should've been - bring GoI and Army to account for the death of our soldiers and mutilation of their bodies.
I think we have a penchant for overreaction and over analysis and this is one this. I dont for once take SM at facevalue, yes it always shows our weakness in this front.

Giving emphasis and special treatment to Kashmiri M's is a big mistake itself, salo ko lagta hai doosre citizens se upar hai. Dont support terrorism as simple as that.

Kumaoni

Pak establishment will look to exploit the weakest links in the chain.

Poonch and Rajouri have been the weak links since 2020 because of troops being shifted to LoC and some of those remaining or their replacements have capability/quality issues.

What we need is boots on the ground to fill the vacuum - whether its CAPFs or Army, we need policing on the ground to limit free movement of terrorists and villagers being bullied into providing food & shelter on demand.

A villager in a remote village will bow his head to whoever shows up at his doorstep with a gun - Terrorist or Cop. Indian Govt. (central/state) have to ensure it is a cop and not a terrorist.

Pakis being Pakis will do Paki things. Their policy of 'bleed India with a 1000 cuts' will remain for as long as they exist as a nation.

Just because there are no thefts in my area, I won't start removing my front door & window grills. Once an vulnerable opening appears, it will be exploited - by man or animal.

Securing our home has to be our topmost priority.

We trusted the Chinese and took the Russian word for granted. What happened? We had between 150-200 troopers of ITBP and IA with varying degrees of injuries caused during skirmishes with Chinese troops in the run up to Galwan.

Deterrence can only do so much. Paki nukes did not stop us from bombing Balakot. Our nuke arsenal and conventional military superiority over Pak did not stop PAF from carrying out attacks on the morning of 27th Feb.

While 100% security is a mirage, we have to stamp our authority in every possible way on the ground over which we lay our claim.

There was a time when PWG ran merry in AP. If we did nothing and kept blaming China, Pak and EU leftists for it, we would've lost a good deal of south & central India to maoists by now.
The lC was far hotter from 2000-2003 but you can see SFs had a far superior kill ratio. Why?

Kumaoni

So I have. a question. What exactly is the consensus on this forum? On another thread you guys are saying this is just frustration and should be condemned and in this thread you guys say this is isn’t important and even celebrate it? I’m genuinely confused.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
1. I hope lessons are learnt from the past... PM Modi was shooting for Man vs Wild on 14th Feb 2019 when Pulwama happened... I suspect a big incoming attack on 22nd Jan 2024 when PM would be at Ram Mandir inauguration. Forces be prepared for the days and weeks leading to that event. Be extremely alert.

2. Same thing I posted when Kanhaiyalal was beheaded in Rajasthan... BJP out of it's desperation for muslim votes has created minority cell in every district party unit... & believe me or not some of the worst kind of mullahs have taken membership... Mullahs are taking BJP as Useful, Gullible, ignorant idiots. Couple of times in past J&K BJP members have been caught indulged in terror activities.

3. 1999 kargil war was the 1st conflict when bodies were sent back home under a BJP govt... that tradition has been broken today that too in peace time.

Kumaoni

Brigade commander, Division Commander, and the Lt gen of northern command all need to be enquired and court martial. The whole northern command has to be trialed for this. This is the SEVENTH ambush this year.

another_armchair

Country flag

A 72-year-old retired police officer, who was the local muezzin, was shot dead by terrorists while he was giving the call for azaan from a mosque in Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla district on Sunday, the police said.

Recalling the moments before Mohammad Shafi Mir was killed, his cousin Mohammad Mustafa, who was at home, said the call for the pre-dawn prayers was being given by a loudspeaker and suddenly it stopped. His last words were reham (mercy)", he said.

porky_kicker

Country flag
iNorthernerOn9,

IMO you are prejudiced

I don't a fuck about any government

But matter of fact is under past governments things were million times worse, especially for hindus and was swept under the carpet as if nothing happened and worse people never cared

Whatever be the problems in current government, alteast things get highlighted, if this incident happened under your government of choice what different reaction would have been there ? 99% it would have been just another day like countless times in the past and fact is agenda driven people and jehadis conspire or wish for things to get worse or revel in unfortunate things so that one can pontificate in support of ideology / political cause , unfortunate incidents are just an excuse for personal agenda whatever that maybe

I always say be wary of not outsiders but those within who use unfortunate incidents to push their narratives in the guise of concern / outrage . Age old modus operandi of leftists islamists and their political compatriots

Asking for action / retribution , and making government accountable is one thing and playing games for whatever reasons is another

Another thing terrorism exist not because terrorists exists but because somewhere political support for it exists, whoever they may be , that's my understanding, kashmir should be pushed to the state post 370 ie initial state where there was lot of restrictions and political parties were neutered

And FYI if you concerned about the incidents of honey trapping now and then , you will shit your pants if I tell you about the state of affairs in the past decade , where components were being delivered directly to porkies. You guys do not have any inkling of the terrible state of affairs in the past just because you don't know about it / no publicity/ no accountability under past governments

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles