India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

jai jaganath

Country flag
It's symbiotic.

Any war or even a skirmish means the govt is spending it's political capital. And as long as the war is ongoing, the political capital becomes more and more expensive. It is pretty common phenomenon in democracies.

The point was that, it's not about casualties - it sounds harsh but it's the truth.
You need to look at whether the objectives are being achieved. i'e, was the cost paid in lives worth what we got in return.

it's cold logic but that's how you need to look at it.
Then surgical strikes were not required balakot wasn't required
Nor raids in mms period was required
It's more than political capital it's about messaging
They have understood if the casualty is under 5 then well and good, doesn't matter u kill major or col or brig and govt will act as if nothing has happened
We have lost many post 2019 but not a single retaliation coz bjp winning 2024?
Why this hypocrisy atleast tell u guys don't have guts
Atleast upa was open about it

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Yes bro post 2009 attacks have been made but the incidents, deaths were on decrease from past
dude, Pune and Hyderabad bombings happened in 2012 or 2013.

saying they were decreasing is giving the govt of that time a free pass for the grievous crimes they committed.
That MMS jailed Col Purohit, a MI agent working to take down a module. reason he was arrested was to let the Islamic modules continue to operate.
Sadhvi was arrested to deflect islamic bombings to hindutva bombings. MMS govt openly went with this idea.
That govt was hand in glove with terrorists and bombed us.

the only reason why MMS and his cohorts are not behind bars for what they did is purely to save ourselves from embarrassment of letting public know how compromised each and every institution of ours is.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Then surgical strikes were not required balakot wasn't required
Nor raids in mms period was required
It's more than political capital it's about messaging
They have understood if the casualty is under 5 then well and good, doesn't matter u kill major or col or brig and govt will act as if nothing has happened
We have lost many post 2019 but not a single retaliation coz bjp winning 2024?
Now you are going in circles.

If those retaliations by india are not required, then why even have our soldiers in kashmir and NE?
Just pull them back to Delhi so that they can stay safe and sound.

after all, nothing is required, right?

jai jaganath

Country flag
dude, Pune and Hyderabad bombings happened in 2012 or 2013.

saying they were decreasing is giving the govt of that time a free pass for the grievous crimes they committed.
That MMS jailed Col Purohit, a MI agent working to take down a module. reason he was arrested was to let the Islamic modules continue to operate.
Sadhvi was arrested to deflect islamic bombings to hindutva bombings. MMS govt openly went with this idea.
That govt was hand in glove with terrorists and bombed us.

the only reason why MMS and his cohorts are not behind bars for what they did is purely to save ourselves from embarrassment of letting public know how compromised each and every institution of ours is.
Yeah he has his own set of failures and evil agendas
But terror attacks didn't stop post 2014

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
The bombings across In India reduced by a lot.
From all over India, it is now limited to few areas.

In 2010, a lot were terrified to be in public. It was nagging fear in back of your mind that something would happen. That fear is not there for the most part in most of the country.
When in 2010, you would think about bombs while going to a movie, in any city in India, that is absent now.

That is the win we have.

Look, I am with you on soldiers to be protected. Do every last bit to protect them.
There is no dispute on that point from my end,

another_armchair

Country flag
Those figures during 2010-14 look good because of track two diplomacy and back channel negotiations between UPA Govt. with MMS as PM and Pakistan.

Hurriyat, pak terrorist groups, ISI, and that rascal Dulat & Co were even discussing joint administration of Kashmir.

Which self respecting nation even considers it as a talking point?

Omar Abdullah had suddenly risen to wield enormous authority and could literally dictate terms to the local GoC of NC.

I have barely scratched the surface here. Throwing a chart and claiming 'look no terror' means little when there's a tacit understanding that all attempts would be made to ensure there's no direct contact between militants and forces within Kashmir. If any tangos get encountered while infiltrating or exfiltrating, tough luck.

Congress had almost given up Kashmir just as dumb Nehru took it to the UN and internationalized it. His grand son gave away a strategic island to Sri Lanka and his great grand son will do his best to balkanize India.

Wonder how many kids know this beyond basic chart gazing.

Azaad

Country flag
Wonder how many kids know this beyond basic chart gazing.
I get such confidence these days about the future of our country looking at the views of the youth in the forum especially 19 yr olds . It's as if they've never come across the term - never teach dad how to phuck or perhaps seeing a couple of them here , I won't be mistaken if they consider themselves dads.

Coming from Mumbai I've lost count of the innumerable bombing outrages that Mumbai's been subjected to since 1993 including 2 more of some of the worst terrorist incidents worldwide in 2006 & 2008 apart from the big one in 1993 & dozens of minor incidents in between. I doubt we had a year pass by without any terrorist incident whatsoever since 1993 up until 2014 .

And now we're getting to read wonderful < 82 IQ justifications on how MMS whom his own cabinet colleagues didn't take seriously leave aside the Paxtanis or Chinese did such a wonderful job curbing terrorism. Whatever peace we're seeing post 2014 is courtesy MMS . Basically that's the messaging.

another_armchair

Country flag
I get such confidence these days about the future of our country looking at the views of the youth in the forum especially 19 yr olds . It's as if they've never come across the term - never teach dad how to phuck or perhaps seeing a couple of them here , I won't be mistaken if they consider themselves dads.

Coming from Mumbai I've lost count of the innumerable bombing outrages that Mumbai's been subjected to since 1993 including 2 more of some of the worst terrorist incidents worldwide in 2006 & 2008 apart from the big one in 1993 & dozens of minor incidents in between. I doubt we had a year pass by without any terrorist incident whatsoever since 1993 up until 2014 .

And now we're getting to read wonderful < 82 IQ justifications on how MMS whom his own cabinet colleagues didn't take seriously leave aside the Paxtanis or Chinese did such a wonderful job curbing terrorism. Whatever peace we're seeing post 2014 is courtesy MMS . Basically that's the messaging.
Worse, the gaslighting expert is trying to school @prasadr14 of all people.

True, MMS era was a golden period. Not for average Indian citizens dying like flies falling victims to terror incidents but for Pak backed and sundry other terrorists.

fooLIam

True, MMS era was a golden period. Not for average Indian citizens dying like flies falling victims to terror incidents but for Pak backed and sundry other terrorists.
Did this guy really said MMS was better?. I still remember Jaipur bomb blast. Was there any city where bomb blast did not happened.
Jaijaganath seems to be truly <82 iq as chinks seems to claim in his favourite thread or katua/ricebag engaging in subtle propaganda.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Did this guy really said MMS was better?. I still remember Jaipur bomb blast. Was there any city where bomb blast did not happened.
Jaijaganath seems to be truly <82 iq as chinks seems to claim in his favourite thread or katua/ricebag engaging in subtle propaganda.
I think there are kinds here as well.
I mean they were kids when MMS was our PM, so, they might not have fully grasped whats happening around.

At that age, the last thing I cared was about politics or bombings. Probably same for most kids even now.

another_armchair

Country flag
Kind of galling that instead of posting figures of fatalities, he cleverly posts a chart of terror incidents to back his claim.

If he was in Japan, he would have faced the firing squad of a different kind for exhibiting similar behavior.

Azaad

Country flag
Kind of galling that instead of posting figures of fatalities, he cleverly posts a chart of terror incidents to back his claim.

If he was in Japan, he would have faced the firing squad of a different kind for exhibiting similar behavior.
Yaad rahe - jo lawhore mein gxndu woh London mein bhi gxndu . Same principle applies here .

Kumaoni

Feel like this is an indirect shot at me.

Firstly, i don’t simply “chart gaze”. I actually do my research and most of what i say comes from officers mouths in writing , and or pictures i’m able to find. I have literally dug up pics and found articles which have never even been heard of on this forum before.

Secondly I have disagreed with many of the said users views. However, it’s simply a fact that the army isn’t living up to its capabilities and potential. Suffering 5 Special Forces KIA in a single ambush in which the terrorists left without a scratch does not turn your head? How about the fact that we don’t have any airborne units anymore because every single para btn is becoming a SF btn?

Kumaoni

In MMS time our boys couldn’t even intercept any infiltrators, as we were a peace gandhian nation.

And look at the way that coward reacted to 26/11. 26/11 type attack would’ve resulted in a war if it was ABV. Hell, ABV personally authorized raids by 9 para into Pak in responses to Kaluchak.

Not to mention the fact that Salman Kurshid literally downplayed the army’s stern threat, and told Gen Bikram Singh to pipe down. I don’t even want to talk about how his fellow members shamed my uncle in Batla House 2008, and cried for those who killed him. Truly a pathetic set of people.
Congress had almost given up Kashmir just as dumb Nehru took it to the UN and internationalized it. His grand son gave away a strategic island to Sri Lanka and his great grand son will do his best to balkanize India.
Nehru is an utter clown of the highest order. Literally didn’t even modernize the army. We literally lost land and jawans lives, and lost key moments in the war because of this.

His grandson is a fucking joker of the highest order. Telling our boys to go peacekeepers then changing the mission last minute to disarming the LTTE, with only peacekeeping tier weapons.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Things began improving after 26/11 so much so that by 2012 there were little to no incident of bomb blasts.
Things only got better since 2014. The fact that there hasn't been a single incident since that year is a testament of this govs competence.

I think kashmir needs to be excluded from this statistics since it is a spark in a vacuum, a basket case.
NE is the only place where gov could be objectively cornered.

Kumaoni

I just want us to get our priorities straight.

Since 1947, we have been at war with the Pakis. Fact is they will stop at nothing to finish us. We have won every time and will win again.

Proxy war, Conventional War, etc. We have shown our might in all.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles