India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Kumaoni

Fire is being intentionally put, look at the bottom, someone is spraying some flammable material (petrol?) or flamethrower. Seems like the intention is to incapacitate tangoes with fire & smoke.
This was very common in the early days of the insurgency. Units would fire Russian made RLs into caves and the terrorists would come out to die to gunfire (as they didn’t want to burn to death

another_armchair

Country flag

Long read but worth your time.

abingdonboy

Country flag
CoBRA, literally one of the worst equipped forces in India.
Not really, they have suitable equipment for what they need to do and it’s dictated by their jobs. Operating in jungles on long range jungle Ops in the east is different to CT/COIN in the north and they’ll equip themselves accordingly- I have more confidence in that than the IA equipping the paras

mcpo117

Country flag
Not really, they have suitable equipment for what they need to do and it’s dictated by their jobs. Operating in jungles on long range jungle Ops in the east is different to CT/COIN in the north and they’ll equip themselves accordingly- I have more confidence in that than the IA equipping the paras
I've seen most of them don't even wear plates. forget helmets.

mcpo117

Country flag
Maybe true, maybe not but I’ve been saying for a while the IA will have to be moved out of COIN almost entirely

recent events may accelerate this process @Kumaoni
deploying CoBRA will work if they maintain a permanent presence in the very jungles. No routine patrol bullsh*t. Actual permanent presence. those caves have to be inhabited by our men. the tall trees must be hooked with those chinese style sniper chairs (VietCong stuff). We better let those goatfu*kers know what happens when those rocks start laughing and the twigs start talking. Sounds corny but you know it worked in Vietnam. We need to use those jungles in our favor, not thiers.

Articles