India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Kumaoni

All are major escalation

That was done launched for territorial gains
Which failed

All these are come under releam of direct warfare

Insurgency is asymmetrical warfare

Here we actually have limited options

Can you suggest what option GOI

Really have ???
Op gibraltar was also done via assymetric warfare. The whole point was to start a rebellion.

Same story with the Kashmir insurgency.

If i was GOI, Id:
1. Cut off indus water treaty
2. Openly declare Pak as a enemy of the civilizational state
3. Authorize Army to take strikes on PA officers across LoC.
4. fence off nepal and put punjab border on high alert, like banning that joker tier Wagah festival

fooLIam

The problem Is multidimensional and complex.
.though “cease fire” at LOC was bizarre decision considering Pakistan uses proxy war and we don’t . As a country which faces existential crisis from 3 fronts we don’t have national security policy documents. If you want to seriously contain these things at least first acknowledge you are at war.
Above all military leadership itself at faults here.
No modernisation efforts even when desi mal is available. No sop change .nothing
no learning from past even though getting officers killed again and again.

even bjp do retaliatory strikes there will be opposition who will say it was done by bjp to earn votes.

Kumaoni

Op gibraltar was also done via assymetric warfare. The whole point was to start a rebellion.

Same story with the Kashmir insurgency.

If i was GOI, Id:
1. Cut off indus water treaty
2. Openly declare Pak as a enemy of the civilizational state
3. Authorize Army to take strikes on PA officers across LoC.
4. fence off nepal and put punjab border on high alert, like banning that joker tier Wagah festival
5. Stop the surrender and rehab policy, rather kill all JIHADIS on sight
6. Starve Pak economically as bad as possible
7. Reverse insurgency in Gilgit

another_armchair

Country flag
Mate, no one denies congress was incompetent and made mistakes, but give credit where its due.
I give credit where due but BJP wins it hands down here with its handling of Kashmir.

They gave a fair chance to a political solution - allied with PDP, got the insider dope and once they had enough data points, they pulled out of the Govt.

Check the statistics and compare the situation on ground zero in Kashmir today with say a decade ago. Make one mistake and the situation will go back by a decade.

Majority of the ranks in PAFF are Pakistani citizens. All likelihood, they could be seasoned soliders of PA.

Have noticed, most of them appear 30+ ..suggest they aren't rookies. They plan well. It is imperative that we stay a step ahead which I see lacking on the ground.

Truthsoldier

Country flag
Ab to hum bhi mazak udayenge

Bcoz of their lackluster attitude & snail pace military modernisation a time will come when... sahab will not even take name of pakistan... abhi to sirf China ka naam nahi lete.

Voting for this party doesn't take away my right to criticize.
Forget slow modernization he doesn't even condole the death of our soldiers publicly anymore. The public messaging from top is essential for the morale of the forces.

Kumaoni

I give credit where due but BJP wins it hands down here with its handling of Kashmir.

They gave a fair chance to a political solution - allied with PDP, got the insider dope and once they had enough data points, they pulled out of the Govt.

Check the statistics and compare the situation on ground zero in Kashmir today with say a decade ago. Make one mistake and the situation will go back by a decade.

Majority of the ranks in PAFF are Pakistani citizens. All likelihood, they could be seasoned soliders of PA.

Have noticed, most of them appear 30+ ..suggest they aren't rookies. They plan well. It is imperative that we stay a step ahead which I see lacking on the ground.
We are fighting the exact same way we did "a decade ago".

Sure, UPA will always be a blot on scamgress. But at least under Shastri it was good.

Austin316

Country flag
Im wondering what they will do with the gunships, is it just for photo ops and to retire without seing action not even a scratch. Atleast in a hostile and hilly terrain they should use the machines before involving soldiers in close combat. Generals are too pissed to use the war machines for collateral damage

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Giving political angle at this juncture is completely wrong.
And adding "jeets" at the end if any word to insult Indians and digress from the topic is just plain and simple low IQ stuff.
iF somebody uses GenrolJeet, AfsarJeet, MudiJeet for the incompetent fucks in the higher ups, nobody would have objection for the same

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Taliban and it's situation is different you cannot compare this was Kashmir and it's region
Truth is we have learn nothing from earlier encounters,hope I am proven wrong
Bro you are emotional
I am too
RR faces terrorist s every day ......

They have the experience....

fooLIam

Mate, no one denies congress was incompetent and made mistakes, but give credit where its due.
Congress was “ incompetent” dude,Congress was and always been hand in gloves with enemies and current bunch are even more advance they will sell this country for pennies and even after this they still gets votes.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
I made a post the last time the Army walked into an ambush, that this is their burden to carry. It's their boys dying, they who have to face the mothers, wives and children to break the bad news, due to their own outdated tactics and jai ho mentality. If the Army is fine with losing men like this by falling into the enemy's traps, the rest of us can only shake our heads and say Om Shanti.

There is nothing a civilian can say or do that will change this organization. The Army itself has to eventually change, and if not, then the losses are their own. India will not compromise on its interest in J&K, and will always task the army to take care of the LOC and militants within the valley. Whether the Army wants to do it with minimal losses, or a whole lot of losses, is up to them.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I'm reading chatter that one of the injured might have succumbed to his injuries

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
I made a post the last time the Army walked into an ambush, that this is their burden to carry. It's their boys dying, they who have to face the mothers, wives and children to break the bad news, due to their own outdated tactics and jai ho mentality. If the Army is fine with losing men like this by falling into the enemy's traps, the rest of us can only shake our heads and say Om Shanti.

There is nothing a civilian can say or do that will change this organization. The Army itself has to eventually change, and if not, then the losses are their own. India will not compromise on its interest in J&K, and will always task the army to take care of the LOC and militants within the valley. Whether the Army wants to do it with minimal losses, or a whole lot of losses, is up to them.
Bro they don't even train to have proper trigger discipline. Just a rambo-commando like mentality. If the same enthusiasm these people showed to get the Apaches and other foreign equipment was shown towards equipping the infantry equipment and modernizing tactics, we would've been in a different place. Hell No. Just blame the politicians, IAS, IPS and everyone else apart from themselves. There's a saying that first take the log from one's eyes before trying to spot a speck in the eyes of another

Articles