India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Azaad

Country flag
Back then army would kill 10-12 terrorists Ona daily basis

You can see some of the sophisticated weaponry like ATGMs and mortar rounds used by them

From 2002View attachment 218537
During 2003View attachment 218538
There were never any ATGMs recovered from terrorists in Kashmir except mortars , mines & RPGs. There was a understanding between the Indian & Paxtani governments especially the armies not to arm the terrorists with sophisticated weapons like ATGMs or MANPADs like Stingers like what the US did in Afghanistan against the SU.

If the PA violated those terms & armed tanzeems inside J&K there were equally many separatist groups within Paxtan whom we could arm. The PA knew this & played ball. The agreement exists to this day .

Kumaoni

There were never any ATGMs recovered from terrorists in Kashmir except mortars , mines & RPGs. There was a understanding between the Indian & Paxtani governments especially the armies not to arm the terrorists with sophisticated weapons like ATGMs or MANPADs like Stingers like what the US did in Afghanistan against the SU.

If the PA violated those terms & armed tanzeems inside J&K there were equally many separatist groups within Paxtan whom we could arm. The PA knew this & played ball. The agreement exists to this day .
8F612C6B-F975-4FBD-9652-D54812964507.jpeg

Azaad

Country flag
May 28th 1999. I think In 2003 there were some ATGMs recovered. I believe they came from Afghanistan not Pakistan tho.
Precisely. The very fact you've had negligible amount of such seizures & usage should tell you something coz these were commonly used in Afghanistan. They could also be commonly deployed in India. But they weren't. What you're citing are exceptions to the rule .

Kumaoni

Precisely. The very fact you've had negligible amount of such seizures & usage should tell you something coz these were commonly used in Afghanistan. They could also be commonly deployed in India. But they weren't. What you're citing are exceptions to the rule .
Yup, they were from Afghanistan only- my source says that as well. Only afghans (which there were many) and other foreign mercs could use ATGMs

Azaad

Country flag
Yup, they were from Afghanistan only- my source says that as well. Only afghans (which there were many) and other foreign mercs could use ATGMs
They weren't permitted to use them by the PA. They were smuggled in without the knowledge of the PA. For every such transgression the PA was paid back in kind. Check with your source about this piece of information too.

Kumaoni

They weren't permitted to use them by the PA. They were smuggled in without the knowledge of the PA. For every such transgression the PA was paid back in kind. Check with your source about this piece of information too.
Maybe so, but point remains that they used recover such weaponry.
Terrorists of old were very well equipped esp in late 90s

Azaad

Country flag
Spilling the beans already
So that she gets to do her graveyard journalism on the bodies of our braves & the victims - the latter including certain headmaster's children good in cricket forced to blow themselves up.

Which is why though I think there's a lot which needs to be done on a yesterday's basis what we definitely need to undertake at the earliest is our version of the cultural revolution lasting a decade to rid ourselves of vermin like this female.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Back then army would kill 10-12 terrorists Ona daily basis

You can see some of the sophisticated weaponry like ATGMs and mortar rounds used by them

From 2002View attachment 218537
During 2003View attachment 218538
however , i am sure the logistics of keeping such an insurgency alive with heavy weapons such as atgms, mortars would have been harder and hence why it was not sustainable. it is hard to conceal many of these big weapons, let alone carry them from one place to another when the army comes to look for them in a search operation, it will only be captured like in these photos. which is probably why they stick to more sustainable lighter weapons.

Kumaoni

however , i am sure the logistics of keeping such an insurgency alive with heavy weapons such as atgms, mortars would have been harder and hence why it was not sustainable. it is hard to conceal many of these big weapons, let alone carry them from one place to another when the army comes to look for them in a search operation, it will only be captured like in these photos. which is probably why they stick to more sustainable lighter weapons.
They used to open ambushes and attacks with ATGMs, mortar rounds, and solar rockets back then

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles