India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
We'd need to be tactful here. There's the Kaladan MMTT project which's facing plenty of delays & revised deadlines galore. I believe the sea port has just been inaugurated connecting it to Kolkata.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaladan_Multi-Modal_Transit_Transport_Project

We need to sit down with these insurgents & draw our red lines. At the same time we need to engage Tatmadaw & draw our red lines there too. Simultaneously we need to draw up our plans there with back up plans & prepare our security forces to get involved if need be. As long as Myanmar continues to be in turmoil it'd have ramifications on the NE even without Chinese involvement .

Basically this isn't of our making. It's just events in our neighborhood which've spiralled out of control & as usual we're caught in between like a deer paralyzed by the glare of the headlights.
offtopic for this thread, reply posts in relevant threads.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Mountains eat men the current size is okay for a country facing active 2front scenario against two n powered neighbors.
Now if army just about taking care of external enemy maybe there could have been some down sizing but in this country whenever shit hits the fan be it law and orders,disaster relief etc army has to be called so before downsizing army other orgs like capf ,ndrf etc needs to carry their weight
Downsizing is happening, it’s an inevitability. Purely because of the freeze in recruitment for 2-3 years during Covid the IA is ~100k smaller (they’ve only taken in a fraction of their intake prior to 2020). Since 2016 Parrikar was banging on about ‘cutting the fat’ and the current CDS and COAS are on record of talking about right sizing the IA to improve the tail to tooth ratio

It has to happen, spending >90% of their budget every single year purely on pensions and salaries is never going to allow for any real modernisation or mechanisation. As it stands the PLA’s CAPEX is maybe 15-20X the IA’s

The commies figured this out a long time ago

Azaad

Country flag
Downsizing is happening, it’s an inevitability. Purely because of the freeze in recruitment for 2-3 years during Covid the IA is ~100k smaller (they’ve only taken in a fraction of their intake prior to 2020). Since 2016 Parrikar was banging on about ‘cutting the fat’ and the current CDS and COAS are on record of talking about right sizing the IA to improve the tail to tooth ratio

It has to happen, spending >90% of their budget every single year purely on pensions and salaries is never going to allow for any real modernisation or mechanisation. As it stands the PLA’s CAPEX is maybe 15-20X the IA’s

The commies figured this out a long time ago
China isn't facing a 2.5 front scenario. We are. If they are, it's of their own making in the sense that they're the perpetrators of it & not on the receiving end like we are . Our 2.5 front scenario calls for a manpower intensive army especially if they're tasked for internal security duties apart from mountain warfare which itself is man power intensive, however you choose to spin it & whether we like it or not. That doesn't mean we relax attempts to modernise it or seek to curtail it by citing the wages & pensions eating into the CAPEX provisions. We need to enhance our budgetary outlays. There's simply no going around this fact. Moreover most of those downsized from the PLA are absorbed into their para militaries like the PAPF, a little known fact.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
please dlt the post, i didn't think of that, just posted this because a senior member asked,
he himself deleted his request after you posted, he does this deletion bit a lot.

jai jaganath

Country flag
According to a social media account
The terrorist gonna upload , go pro view of the encounter

Felt like they are following the bla ,
They are being given advanced training it seems
I mean these guys are not ordinary rag tag radicalized youths they are well trained troops
So I guess these are receive advance training by ssg in their training centre
They might be even having advanced equipments like in case of sf
Is anybody on their side have died if yes then is there any pic of the dead terrorists equipments
It seems new MO after seeing IA overpowering these terrorists for years this is what porkies have planned and this doesn't seem recent it seems to be bit old and well thought and prepared we have to target porkies no other option this is not gonna end
U end one a new type will begin this is the benefit of such warfare

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
They are being given advanced training it seems
I mean these guys are not ordinary rag tag radicalized youths they are well trained troops
So I guess these are receive advance training by ssg in their training centre
They might be even having advanced equipments like in case of sf
Is anybody on their side have died if yes then is there any pic of the dead terrorists equipments
It seems new MO after seeing IA overpowering these terrorists for years this is what porkies have planned and this doesn't seem recent it seems to be bit old and well thought and prepared we have to target porkies no other option this is not gonna end
U end one a new type will begin this is the benefit of such warfare
while you are at it, hyping their prowess, might as well promote the tangos to field marshal as well.

jai jaganath

Country flag
while you are at it, hyping their prowess, might as well promote the tangos to field marshal as well.
No I am not hyping their power
But just saying that many of us thinking them to be the same old rag tag youths with very little training and exposure
But rather they could be trained in advance training centers with their ssg
U think sir they have go pro footage either it means they have escaped or they have well established communication with Pakistani units backed by advance radios or related equipments
All I am saying is to change the way we look at them and make sop regarding it and separately time has come to target the Pakistani soldiers

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
No I am not hyping their power
But just saying that many of us thinking them to be the same old rag tag youths with very little training and exposure
But rather they could be trained in advance training centers with their ssg
U think sir they have go pro footage either it means they have escaped or they have well established communication with Pakistani units backed by advance radios or related equipments
All I am saying is to change the way we look at them and make sop regarding it and separately time has come to target the Pakistani soldiers
whatever may be the case, don't let the tangos live rent free in your head.

Articles