India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Anupu

Country flag
Chalo bhai... people are talking of infantry equipment & cost of equipping a soldier

So let's do a rough calculation...

Assault rifle/Carbine: $1200
Pistol: $600
BPJ: $900
Helmet: $450
Man portable SDR(hand held/helmet integrated): $1500
Helmet mounted night/thermal vision: $6000
Miscellaneous: $1500(for things I may have missed)

Total: approx $12000 x 82 = approx 10 lakh INR in current exchange rate

So for every 1 crore we can equip 10 soldiers on western standards

Approximate strength of PARA(SF+AB)= 8000

Approximate strength of Ghatak= supposing 40 soldiers(1 platoon) per battalion= 40 x 400 battalion = 16000

16000 + 8000 = 24000... make it 25000

25000 x 10,00000 = 25,00,00,00,000

For 2500 crores entirety of PARA & Ghatak can be armed on western standards.

What's 2500 crore for GOI? Peanuts

Par nahi... subsidy denge... freebies denge🤬
I highly doubt equipment was the issue, para sf has access to sufficient weapons and equipments. Let's wait for the operation to finish. But there must be some very serious inquires.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
From yesterday's operation, they know exactly how to engage terrorists (obviously) but somehow can't comprehend that they can and will do the same.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I highly doubt equipment was the issue, para sf has access to sufficient weapons and equipments. Let's wait for the operation to finish. But there must be some very serious inquires.
Sufficient? army literally didn't have tavor rifles to give to new para SF units some time ago

angryIndian

Country flag
This is not the first time we suffered heavy casualties in the forests of Rajouri, we lost 9 soldiers back in 2021 in the same region. I wonder what the Army higher-ups and government is doing, loss of 5 parasf soldiers is a massive loss.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
🍌 sufficient

There is not even a single arm in the 3 armed forces that has got anything in "sufficient" numbers.

I know what I am saying & better don't make me count.

Physx32

Country flag

It seems the terrorists are hiding higher up along the peak in some caves and have visibility of lower areas. At this point, IA has to sanitize the entire area using full air support. If not, what should be the immediate course of action?
When will this G20 end ?
It'll end in September.

Anupu

Country flag
🍌 sufficient

There is not even a single arm in the 3 armed forces that has got anything in "sufficient" numbers.

I know what I am saying & better don't make me count.
If even para sf lacks equipment then wtf is the emergency procurement powers are given for. Is it due some kind of ongoing reorganization or something because otherwise this is stupidity pro max.

Knowitall3

With night fast approaching expect most units to be pulled back. Last time too we had army units setting up search lights for night ops without any major success.

The terrorists will probably make a move at night try to escape to some nearby village probably.

Articles