India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

another_armchair

Country flag

Police personnel recover a package, suspected to have been airdropped by a drone from across the International Border in Samba district, Jammu and Kashmir, April 3, 2023.

3 pistols, 4 grenades, 6 magazines and 48 rounds were recovered from the drone-delivered package.
I wish we could narrow down on a few perpetrators and take them out along with their families.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
So as soon as summer begins... 2 happenings on the same day

1. Large quantity of ammunition recovered in J&K... along with 5 rounds of RPG... (after a long time I found such shiny non-rusty recovery)... when was the last time RPG was found in this number?

2. Paki COAS visits LOC

The infiltration & firing would begin soon...

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

1. Large quantity of ammunition recovered in J&K... along with 5 rounds of RPG... (after a long time I found such shiny non-rusty recovery)... when was the last time RPG was found in this number?

2. Paki COAS visits LOC

After political, economic and separatism crisis, the final blow required to break Pakistan is a war with India.

Jimih

Country flag
You are neglecting that with the kind of conditioning they are just lakeer ke fakeer.
Pakistan Army is greatly divided at the current moment.

Current COAS of Pakistan is highly un-popular among the Rank and File of Pakistan Army.

Pakistan Army cannot even even celebrate their Pakistan Day Parade (it got cancelled this year) and we are talking about other "things" here.

Proxy war and airspace violations by drones will anyhow continue.

flanker99

Country flag

Current COAS of Pakistan is highly un-popular among the Rank and File of Pakistan Army.

Pakistan Army cannot even even celebrate their Pakistan Day Parade (it got cancelled this year) and we are talking about other "things" here.

if and a big IF marshall law is enforced in the coming months then they will make a scene a loc or do trsts attacks to make us move first....either way digging will continue

Waanar

Country flag

2. Paki COAS visits LOC

720 rounds. That's 24 full mags. Enough to arm some 8 terrorists for a hit n run. The RPGs and UBGLs suggest some sort of a leaning towards a complex ambush. That's a rather serious threat (relative to the lack of action in the valley.) When was the last time we had a proper ambush in the valley by the terrorists anyways? (ignore the VBIED)

No one thanks the intel folks who unearth this crap man. Salute to whichever unsung hero or heroes found this.

About the shiny, non-rusty recovery, I'm assuming this is still a somewhat old cache (I don't know what material the ammo can is but it's pretty rusted) and the terrorists have gotten better training at caching their stuff. RPG rounds are notorious for being duds. Anything you can do to mitigate the risk of it turning dead weight is essential. The wrapping on it shielded it from the elements well.

I feel like this is all preparing for G-20. Expect an uptick in pork shenanigans till October this year.
The increase in CAPF recruitment makes me believe GOI is taking note and preparing for the same.

Jimih

Country flag
Expect an uptick in pork shenanigans till October this year.
The increase in CAPF recruitment makes me believe GOI is taking note and preparing for the same.
I have a slightly different take on this news development.

The news/need for increase in CAPF recruitment is due to GoI's latest decision of thinning out/phasing out RR from COIN ops in the valley.

And GoI has made its mind this time.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
I have a slightly different take on this news development.

The news/need for increase in CAPF recruitment is due to GoI's latest decision of thinning out/phasing out RR from COIN ops in the valley.

And GoI has made its mind this time.
Couldn't they absorb the RR troops into CAPF if the govt want to use them for the same purpose? Seems like this move is coming just because Article 370 was abrogated.

Jimih

Country flag
Couldn't they absorb the RR troops into CAPF if the govt want to use them for the same purpose? Seems like this move is coming just because Article 370 was abrogated.
RR troops comes from respective infantry, arty, armoured regiments. Even you will see troops from ASC and Engr regmts.

After tenure of soldiers in RR is over they return back to their parent unit. They can voluntary opt for posting in RR units time and time again.

AnantS

Country flag

I still think they might do it. dissatisfaction with Army Chief is not a new phenomena. You may remember that even at the time of Musharraf there was faction against him. They even tried to IED him - save for typical Indian dariyadili who tipped him about possible attack on him. All that yet - there was no respite from Paki shenanigans within Kashmir and rest of India. They have the money and means to do so still. Paki Elites and their ecosystem is still thriving.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

2. Paki COAS visits LOC

9 booster tubes for 5 RPGs means 4 RPGs are probably still missing, and for the folks thinking of conspiracy theory shit, let me remind you this is precisely why pakis do Nagrota/Sidhra style infiltrations, a few terrorists carry huge cache of arms and ammunition for fidayeen attacks. Most probably they succeeded and didn't ended up being toasted like they did in Nagrota/Sidhra encounters.
1680949153663.png
1680949207724.png

Global Defence

New threads

Articles