India needs better laws to tackle riots and arson.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Its a chicken and egg argument, but I support the egg.

Long-term social stability and preservation of traditional culture is the reason behind its success in education, as well as the absence of communal tensions.
I disagree with u . Tradition is part of ours identity and if we lost it , we doesnt have anything left . Edcuation makes us understand to walk with the present world without forgetting ours tradition .

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
I posted this article with one of the reason to make people aware about evils of riots which I know everyone knows.
I believe that laws are inadequate and I continue to believe that way. One thing you all seems to have missed is that I am advocating it to be comparable to terrorism. These riots create mistrust between major religious group something that helps terrorist find people to help them in the name of religion. It is important that we punish people responsible to make sure everyone feel comfortable.
In western countries laws are way tougher and they have a system where if you confess you get lesser punishment and if you do not you get more. I strongly believe changing laws to have tougher punishment will deter people. I have seen similar things happening in India too, when courts makes wearing helmet mandatory you see rise in number of people putting them. I bet try putting fine of 10000 Rs for breaking red light and see the difference even if one person is made to pay it, you will think twice before doing it. I also know we need to implement it but when fine is heavy people take less risk, even if they do not see someone around.
I am the same India here in USA and I do not dare cross when light is red.
Now coming to the Gujarat riots and the discussion going on here.
Lets take case of 2 different reactions to same event by rest of Gujarat.
1) What happened in Gujarat, kill people to revenge without any thought, killing those who most of the time have nothing to do with the incidence. Result is no one talks about Godhra even though it was as heinous crime as rest of it. Gujarat gets a bad name and the whole world looks down at India, terrorist find more people they can recruit.

2) After Godhara we must have tried to create a civil movement of condemning it, peace march with millions of people participating catches attention of everyone in world. Message gets to people who did it wrong and government spends time catching the people who were responsible for Godhra. We need to get civilized in the way we react to incidence. There are other incidences where we burnt public properties because someone beheaded some statues and all that. Guys we need to get better at this.

Which one do you think is better?

And reacting for every action will mean chain reaction (no one gains). Hindus having contacts with Muslims and vica versa will help, you might not agree but if try to approach them not all of them would have supported Godhra if there was no Gujarat.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles