India interceptor missile test for strategic deterrence: China

Agustya

Country flag
Come to sanity..folks...China and India both have enough weapons to destroy each other....BUT..the big question is...Why would 1.30 billion Chinese and 1.25 billion Indians would like to destroy each other? Just because someone else wants it?
Sorry, I hate to say this but to think that India can reduce China to the same degree China can reduce India is ridiculous.

Bheeshma

There will be nothing left of china if India drops a 100 nukes. So yes it will the same degree. Complete anhilation.

prohumanity

Country flag
To think in terms of "to same degree or less" is not sensible. If nukes fly on both sides, both nation's and worlds economy will collapse....radioactivity will kill and cause cancer to many million humans....Both nations will be pushed 100 years back. Remember, USA only dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan and the WW 2 stopped immediately. I bet...even a few nukes on any major western city can bring WW 3 to end instantly. West is playing with deadly fire if it is trying to make China and India enemies...The fire may burn so big the entire Europe and USA can get burnt....What will be left of the hegemony....It's not 1940s ...many powers have nukes and other deadly weapons...NO BODY WILL WIN WW-3...not even West.
West has turned the World into jungle...and others have to prepare well if they don't want to be eaten alive...like Iraq,Libya, Syria and Ukraine.

Last edited:

Agustya

Country flag
To think in terms of "to same degree or less" is not sensible. If nukes fly on both sides, both nation's and worlds economy will collapse....radioactivity will kill and cause cancer to many million humans....Both nations will be pushed 100 years back. Remember, USA only dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan and the WW 2 stopped immediately. I bet...even a few nukes on any major western city can bring WW 3 to end instantly. West is playing with deadly fire if it is trying to make China and India enemies...The fire may burn so big the entire Europe and USA can get burnt....What will be left of the hegemony....It's not 1940s ...many powers have nukes and other deadly weapons...NO BODY WILL WIN WW-3...not even West.
West has turned the World into jungle...and others have to prepare well if they don't want to be eaten alive...like Iraq,Libya, Syria and Ukraine.
You're telling me that India is capable of wiping out 1 billion + Chinese citizens? I mean I think the most India can do is destroy the wealth producing centers of China, and of course people would be killed, but it would be in the order of 10s of millions. Not 1 billion, like in the case if China were to attack India.

India will get it worse.

I say this because

1) China has weapons in the MEGAton yield
2) China has MIRVs on missiles , a serious force multiplier
3) China has have more land (sq mile),
4) India does not have credible 2nd strike capability - no SLBMs operational yet
5) China has 3 trillion dollars sitting in foreign reserves to help kick start their economy post nuclear conflict.

I don't think India can wipe China clean off the map in the event of nuclear war. I really hope I'm wrong.

Bheeshma

India can wipe out more than a billion, you better believe it.

India will get it worse. ..... not any worse than china

I say this because

1) China has weapons in the MEGAton yield .....India had 100-150 kt nukes in 80-90's. they are enough to wipe out even biggest cities
2) China has MIRVs on missiles , a serious force multiplier ...so does India. Though that in itself doesn't,t mean much.
3) China has have more land (sq mile), Most of its barren. 800 mil can be wiped out by wiping the eastern part.
4) India does not have credible 2nd strike capability - no SLBMs operational yet ...wrong A3-5 are credible enough for a country like china without any credible bmd.
5) China has 3 trillion dollars sitting in foreign reserves to help kick start their economy post . Yeah sure they will kick start economy over nuclear ashes. There will be no china left. Period. India did not build nuke arsenal for some third rate country like pakis or china. India takes into account all the so called allies they have including SA.

Agustya

Country flag
India can wipe out more than a billion, you better believe it.

India will get it worse. ..... not any worse than china

I say this because

1) China has weapons in the MEGAton yield .....India had 100-150 kt nukes in 80-90's. they are enough to wipe out even biggest cities
2) China has MIRVs on missiles , a serious force multiplier ...so does India. Though that in itself doesn't,t mean much.
3) China has have more land (sq mile), Most of its barren. 800 mil can be wiped out by wiping the eastern part.
4) India does not have credible 2nd strike capability - no SLBMs operational yet ...wrong A3-5 are credible enough for a country like china without any credible bmd.
5) China has 3 trillion dollars sitting in foreign reserves to help kick start their economy post . Yeah sure they will kick start economy over nuclear ashes. There will be no china left. Period. India did not build nuke arsenal for some third rate country like pakis or china. India takes into account all the so called allies they have including SA.
1) By your logic if India had 100-150 kt weapons in the 80s-90s then why did India only test a 60Kt in Pokhran 2? Doesn't make any sense strategically. I mean they should have tested a megaton in that case.
2) India does not. Please point me to a source saying India has a MIRV equipped missile. It is a big deal. You can do 10x the damage with an MIRV equipped missile than a regular missile.
3)
4) My friend, I am talking about second strike, assuming the first strike is counterforce and wipes out all of India's land based missiles.
5) All I am trying to say is, that there is a seed of recreation which is hard to destroy.

But hey, I am just playing devil's advocate. Jai Hind!

Country flag
1) By your logic if India had 100-150 kt weapons in the 80s-90s then why did India only test a 60Kt in Pokhran 2? Doesn't make any sense strategically. I mean they should have tested a megaton in that case.
2) India does not. Please point me to a source saying India has a MIRV equipped missile. It is a big deal. You can do 10x the damage with an MIRV equipped missile than a regular missile.
3)
4) My friend, I am talking about second strike, assuming the first strike is counterforce and wipes out all of India's land based missiles.
5) All I am trying to say is, that there is a seed of recreation which is hard to destroy.

But hey, I am just playing devil's advocate. Jai Hind!
1)Saraswat has assured India has 200kt capability

2)an unofficial MIRV demonstration was in the ten satellite launch simultaneously

3)the best second strike will be Imo by water where. A missile launch was tested successful recently

Agustya

Country flag
1)Saraswat has assured India has 200kt capability

2)an unofficial MIRV demonstration was in the ten satellite launch simultaneously

3)the best second strike will be Imo by water where. A missile launch was tested successful recently
all I am saying is that , besides your first point, none of the others have been inducted and are operational

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
all I am saying is that , besides your first point, none of the others have been inducted and are operational
india have anti missile capacity which china lacks ,BMD as well as akash, akash can even hit cruise missiles
agni v is one of the most modern missile and its speed is mach 25,
there is missil which was tested on arihant which have range of 3500km
so basically india is as capable as china the difference is india have quality and china have quantity

Agustya

Country flag
india have anti missile capacity which china lacks ,BMD as well as akash, akash can even hit cruise missiles
agni v is one of the most modern missile and its speed is mach 25,
there is missil which was tested on arihant which have range of 3500km
so basically india is as capable as china the difference is india have quality and china have quantity
:fp:

A missile traveling without air resistance in space is expected to travel at Mach 24-25. That is nothing special in comparison to other ICBMs. You are wrong about the SLBM test. The missile tested on the Arihant had a range of 700 km. But you are right, India does have a robust BMD program which China lacks.

Bheeshma

WHY..? It's better to have 2-3 100 kt ones than a single megaton. And yes you don't need to test to 300 kt but can simulate results.

A5 is MIRV equipped. So will k4
3)
For china even land based are enough. But underwater canisters like pontoons are always a fall back. No one will tell you how many.
Not for human beings may be a new specie will evolve and take over that can survive in radioactive waste land:namaste:

prohumanity

Country flag
The Indian military power is going to grow rapidly in next 2 to 3 years once BJP rule comes. Once India achieves tremendous nuclear capacity and China also ,achieve the same capacity...the possibility of war between India and China will diminish...AND..the western design of pitting India and China against each other automatically will become irrelevant because if such a war happens...entire World goes down together including the once who believe in "divide and conquer" The stakes will become so high for the imperialistic,dividing powers that they will have to start to accept that hegemony will not be continuing. India and China will engage in lots of trade as war becomes NOT an option. I still believe in collective wisdom of 2.55 Billion Indian and Chinese people. BUT, as I said before....ROAD TO WORLD PEACE GOES THROUGH MILITARILY VERY POWERFUL INDIA AND CHINA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles