MQ9 Predator Acquisition from U.S, News Updates and Discussions

Sanglamorre

Country flag
This is time to spend not deliberate to endless depths of hell....israel is dead end for drone market going into future. 3b is tiny percentage of our GDP, US equipment minus sanctions risk is worth every penny. Isreali stuff is mostly US components and tech. I would build political mileage with US given a choice
Why are we buying drones?? Where will we use them??

More hepters is understandable, but where is the space for using these drones?

Knowitall

What we have are in a different class and we need to go with US on the drones long term if we are investing politically with US. They just have lot more invested in keeping up compared to Israel including future carrier ones.

They approved these drones after such haggling and are charging an extremely steep prize for it.

IAF actually wanted the Avenger-c drones but US rejected our plans to buy it rather they approved the sales of these downgraded versions when they themselves are retiring the reaper drones just like trying to dump f-16 on us.

They rejected our request for avenger-c and here you are hoping that they would let us buy their cutting edge carrier drones these are just pure fantasies from your side.

omaebakabaka

They approved these drones after such haggling and are charging an extremely steep prize for it.

IAF actually wanted the Avenger-c drones but US rejected our plans to buy it rather they approved the sales of these downgraded versions when they themselves are retiring the reaper drones just like trying to dump f-16 on us.

They rejected our request for avenger-c and here you are hoping that they would let us buy their cutting edge carrier drones these are just pure fantasies from your side.
Even then, its not a bad deal considering our requirements and we are just entering. Once we build more deeper relationship with them then trust gets established? Not worth going with Isreal in drone market....they had initial advantage being a US #1 partner in that market but there are too many players now. They wont keep up pace with the market especially in areas like long range drones where they have not much need for domestic security.

cereal killer

Country flag
This is time to spend not deliberate to endless depths of hell....israel is dead end for drone market going into future. 3b is tiny percentage of our GDP, US equipment minus sanctions risk is worth every penny. Isreali stuff is mostly US components and tech. I would build political mileage with US given a choice
Lol man.. GDP kidhar se aayi :hail:. Time to spend... Then Aatamnirbhar Bharat will always be a dream. It's not like GOI is buying them for China threat.. Otherwise more Apache & US fighter jet will be ordered. It is a hafta nothing else.

Gandaberunda

Country flag

Trump Baba fleecing us and our Govt happy getting fleeced in guise of national security...
To place order on LCH they're haggling forever

Knowitall

As far as I know we only have unarmed ones and not in the same class.....sure I have no idea boss

90 armed drones for 3,500 crore. Surely you understand 90 vs 30 which is better.

infact i would be surprised if it is not underway already as our armed forces were approving many classified project when the standoff begun.

omaebakabaka

Lol man.. GDP kidhar se aayi :hail:. Time to spend... Then Aatamnirbhar Bharat will always be a dream. It's not like GOI is buying them for China threat.. Otherwise more Apache & US fighter jet will be ordered. It is a hafta nothing else.
Atmanirbhar does not happen overnight boss, DRDO and HAL have failed us on UAV drones and so many other things and it will be another fuck up to have them integrate endlessly, for now let them focus on Tejas first, that itself is a great achievement if they get the next version operationally ready in time and one 3b dollar purchase is not going to bankrupt India for the operational flex it might add in some scenarios. Atmanirbhar != being stupid....buying herons is no atmanirbhar either....

omaebakabaka

From what I have read+heard, Navy is the lead force with IA and IAF getting their share as the MQ-9's will be 'talking' mostly to P8I and MH-60s.

Source is a senior officer in the Navy who is a bachpan ka chaddi buddy.
Exactly, thats the extended comms I mentioned about reading it to the spec comparison that was posted.

Knowitall

Atmanirbhar does not happen overnight boss, DRDO and HAL have failed us on UAV drones and so many other things and it will be another fuck up to have them integrate endlessly, for now let them focus on Tejas first, that itself is a great achievement if they get the next version operationally ready in time and one 3b dollar purchase is not going to bankrupt India for the operational flex it might add in some scenarios. Atmanirbhar != being stupid....buying herons is no atmanirbhar either....
yea blame DRDO and HAL for everything but instead of increasing their funding spend on all money on foreign maal.

omaebakabaka

yea blame DRDO and HAL for everything but instead of increasing their funding spend on all money on foreign maal.
There is no honesty in your comment. This is not just a money problem, this is a fundamental problem in management both technical and leadership. There have been so many TOT's in the past and yet we can't build a subsonic ALCM on time but we claim bramhos indigenous which is supersonic?

mokoman

Country flag
:dude: any updates on Rustom 2

Last i read there was tests planned for end of year ?

Knowitall

omaebakabaka

90 armed drones for 3,500 crore. Surely you understand 90 vs 30 which is better.

infact i would be surprised if it is not underway already as our armed forces were approving many classified project when the standoff begun.
30 is a wiser investment in this case all things considered now and future even if it comes at a premium. US will not sell triton to india yet as we are not in their inner circle. US operates on a certain loyalty established over time or you are part of their geopolitical calculation. We are not in their inner circles in both of those things yet.

another_armchair

Country flag
30 is a wiser investment in this case all things considered now and future even if it comes at a premium. US will not sell triton to india yet as we are not in their inner circle. US operates on a certain loyalty established over time or you are part of their geopolitical calculation. We are not in their inner circles in both of those things yet.
Exactly. This means we could have passed up on the MQ-9 offer and picked up Chinooks or something else of importance. Maybe a few more P8Is

Knowitall

you have absolutely no idea on what you are talking about.

Triton has already been offered to the Indian navy along with P-8i.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles