MQ9 Predator Acquisition from U.S, News Updates and Discussions

Knowitall

And DFI goes into meltdown yet again. Some clarifications:

1. It's a TRISERVICE procurement of armed version modified from the unarmed version just for the navy.
2. Usefullness- use your goddarn common sense.
3. Look up 1,2

The modifications to the requirements were done after CDS came into office. This was a demand put forward by the armed forces themselves. They know what the hell do they actually need. Not the bureaucracy or politicians.
What meltdown armed forces have a history of messing around with projects how do you think IAF came to be in this position.

Both the congress and IAF were shitting on IAF and even now they won't approve while flying the rust bucket called mig-21.

If the Navy really wanted drones wanted drones for surveillance then triton would have been the best option as it could directly complement the p-8i jets. Australia had done the same.

We cut the p-8i order from 10 to 6 so I would have been better to field triton with greater range and greater surveillance capabilities.

As for IAF and IA both have heron which is excellent and can converted to armed drones also.

We can complement them with some rustom-2 to save money.

It is you who must understand the situation.

omaebakabaka

No, I don't agree with you on that.
That aircraft has served it purpose, I read it here only, you too can read it but you have to go backwards.
Every aircraft serves its purpose....it's recon ability is also practically not that useful when combined with range. It was a bit ahead of its time but then missiles and sats pretty much replaced it. I do not know if there is a record of any successful interceptions either in a combat. Arabs/Sovs flew it over hebrew land in 67 but did nothing.

cereal killer

Country flag
It is better to have than not have considering our neighbors. We need to delink this bad economy part, We have decent reserves and oil imports are down and oil costs are down....most of the money goes into giving free goods so masses can stay at home than work. 3b is chump and relieves real assets to focus on the core issues. It takes time to build a practice, we need to step into big drone operations.

We could have used it in Myanmar....para sf was used putting people at risk. They can be used in Nepal too depending on how much a bitch they become.
India ain't using them against any of its neighbours. We'll see them in Naxal areas & in Naval exercises.
Thing is Indian MIC will never develop if we keep this attitude of buying costly toys like these. Instead we will end up giving hafta to both Russia & US with this attitude.
The day we have a fit & running MIC.. Pakistan front won't even matter. China wouldn't dare to look at our borders.

cereal killer

Country flag
India could have used it in Ladakh if we had it to see Chinese intrusions and coordinate with foot patrols. This is how we end up falling behind....you don't have it you can't build operation use in practice. Give me a break with DRDO, this is not the time to depend on it for armed drones with that range. We need to be in this space and 3b is small amount to step into it and use it ASAP.
Armed drones are not that great.. It only serves well domestically. Both China & Pakistan won't have a hard time shooting them down.
I agree It'd be nice to have them & learn to use them better... & if ToT is there then this amount is justified.

omaebakabaka

Armed drones are not that great.. It only serves well domestically. Both China & Pakistan won't have a hard time shooting them down.
I agree It'd be nice to have them & learn to use them better... & if ToT is there then this amount is justified.
Their use is with in our border side and during peacetime. Loitering ability and occasional order to surprize strike is invaluable options for the commanding officers to plan operations.

omaebakabaka

Combat record where... Against terrorist., militias lol even Iran shot a reaper Drone in strait of Hormuz.
Combat record means operating in hostile territories and in various EW and other environements like Libya, Syria and so on. If you are looking for no loss equipment then you will end up buying nothing....keep looking for ever. Anything can be shot down/hacked if circumstances are present.

Knowitall

Not in the same class....US drones have combat record for a long time doing various things. Most israeli tech is US donation :cool:
Mq-9b skyguardin:-

1) The UAV has a maximum take-off weight of 5,670kg.
2) maximum payload of 1,814kg.
3) capable of flying at altitudes above 40,000ft
4) maximum speeds of 210k
5) airborne for 40 hours.

Heron:-

2) maximum payload of 2,700kg
3) capable of flying at altitudes above 45,000ft
4) maximum speed of 220kt
5) airborne for 36 hours.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

omaebakabaka

From what I read, the ones that are pitched to us exceed the alt ceiling by 10 to 20% and extended comms and increased payload. Isreal drones are not a good investment going forward. Drone market is changing and Isreael wont be able to keep up. Better to go with US. Add to that predator's extensive experience around the world.

Knowitall

From what I read, the ones that are pitched to us exceed the alt ceiling by 10 to 20% and extended comms and increased payload. Isreal drones are not a good investment going forward. Drone market is changing and Isreael wont be able to keep up. Better to go with US

i have posted the stats for the one we are ordering the guardian version so they are correct.

we already have heron drones in our inventory no need to make it a zoo.

omaebakabaka

i have posted the stats for the one we are ordering the guardian version so they are correct.

we already have heron drones in our inventory no need to make it a zoo.
What we have are in a different class and we need to go with US on the drones long term if we are investing politically with US. They just have lot more invested in keeping up compared to Israel including future carrier ones.

cereal killer

Country flag

He said 3bn $ is nothing.. So he clearly is clueless about what he's talking about

omaebakabaka

As far as I know we only have unarmed ones and not in the same class.....sure I have no idea boss

omaebakabaka

He said 3bn $ is nothing.. So he clearly is clueless about what he's talking about
This is time to spend not deliberate to endless depths of hell....israel is dead end for drone market going into future. 3b is tiny percentage of our GDP, US equipment minus sanctions risk is worth every penny. Isreali stuff is mostly US components and tech. I would build political mileage with US given a choice

Global Defence

New threads

Articles