India In Talks To Buy US Predator Drones

cereal killer

Country flag
India could have used it in Ladakh if we had it to see Chinese intrusions and coordinate with foot patrols. This is how we end up falling behind....you don't have it you can't build operation use in practice. Give me a break with DRDO, this is not the time to depend on it for armed drones with that range. We need to be in this space and 3b is small amount to step into it and use it ASAP.
Armed drones are not that great.. It only serves well domestically. Both China & Pakistan won't have a hard time shooting them down.
I agree It'd be nice to have them & learn to use them better... & if ToT is there then this amount is justified.

omaebakabaka

Armed drones are not that great.. It only serves well domestically. Both China & Pakistan won't have a hard time shooting them down.
I agree It'd be nice to have them & learn to use them better... & if ToT is there then this amount is justified.
Their use is with in our border side and during peacetime. Loitering ability and occasional order to surprize strike is invaluable options for the commanding officers to plan operations.

omaebakabaka

Combat record where... Against terrorist., militias lol even Iran shot a reaper Drone in strait of Hormuz.
Combat record means operating in hostile territories and in various EW and other environements like Libya, Syria and so on. If you are looking for no loss equipment then you will end up buying nothing....keep looking for ever. Anything can be shot down/hacked if circumstances are present.

Knowitall

Country flag
Not in the same class....US drones have combat record for a long time doing various things. Most israeli tech is US donation :cool:
Mq-9b skyguardin:-

1) The UAV has a maximum take-off weight of 5,670kg.
2) maximum payload of 1,814kg.
3) capable of flying at altitudes above 40,000ft
4) maximum speeds of 210k
5) airborne for 40 hours.

Heron:-

2) maximum payload of 2,700kg
3) capable of flying at altitudes above 45,000ft
4) maximum speed of 220kt
5) airborne for 36 hours.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

omaebakabaka

From what I read, the ones that are pitched to us exceed the alt ceiling by 10 to 20% and extended comms and increased payload. Isreal drones are not a good investment going forward. Drone market is changing and Isreael wont be able to keep up. Better to go with US. Add to that predator's extensive experience around the world.

Knowitall

Country flag
From what I read, the ones that are pitched to us exceed the alt ceiling by 10 to 20% and extended comms and increased payload. Isreal drones are not a good investment going forward. Drone market is changing and Isreael wont be able to keep up. Better to go with US

i have posted the stats for the one we are ordering the guardian version so they are correct.

we already have heron drones in our inventory no need to make it a zoo.

omaebakabaka

i have posted the stats for the one we are ordering the guardian version so they are correct.

we already have heron drones in our inventory no need to make it a zoo.
What we have are in a different class and we need to go with US on the drones long term if we are investing politically with US. They just have lot more invested in keeping up compared to Israel including future carrier ones.

cereal killer

Country flag

He said 3bn $ is nothing.. So he clearly is clueless about what he's talking about

omaebakabaka

As far as I know we only have unarmed ones and not in the same class.....sure I have no idea boss

omaebakabaka

He said 3bn $ is nothing.. So he clearly is clueless about what he's talking about
This is time to spend not deliberate to endless depths of hell....israel is dead end for drone market going into future. 3b is tiny percentage of our GDP, US equipment minus sanctions risk is worth every penny. Isreali stuff is mostly US components and tech. I would build political mileage with US given a choice

Sanglamorre

Country flag
This is time to spend not deliberate to endless depths of hell....israel is dead end for drone market going into future. 3b is tiny percentage of our GDP, US equipment minus sanctions risk is worth every penny. Isreali stuff is mostly US components and tech. I would build political mileage with US given a choice
Why are we buying drones?? Where will we use them??

More hepters is understandable, but where is the space for using these drones?

Knowitall

Country flag
What we have are in a different class and we need to go with US on the drones long term if we are investing politically with US. They just have lot more invested in keeping up compared to Israel including future carrier ones.

They approved these drones after such haggling and are charging an extremely steep prize for it.

IAF actually wanted the Avenger-c drones but US rejected our plans to buy it rather they approved the sales of these downgraded versions when they themselves are retiring the reaper drones just like trying to dump f-16 on us.

They rejected our request for avenger-c and here you are hoping that they would let us buy their cutting edge carrier drones these are just pure fantasies from your side.

omaebakabaka

They approved these drones after such haggling and are charging an extremely steep prize for it.

IAF actually wanted the Avenger-c drones but US rejected our plans to buy it rather they approved the sales of these downgraded versions when they themselves are retiring the reaper drones just like trying to dump f-16 on us.

They rejected our request for avenger-c and here you are hoping that they would let us buy their cutting edge carrier drones these are just pure fantasies from your side.
Even then, its not a bad deal considering our requirements and we are just entering. Once we build more deeper relationship with them then trust gets established? Not worth going with Isreal in drone market....they had initial advantage being a US #1 partner in that market but there are too many players now. They wont keep up pace with the market especially in areas like long range drones where they have not much need for domestic security.

cereal killer

Country flag
Lol man.. GDP kidhar se aayi :hail:. Time to spend... Then Aatamnirbhar Bharat will always be a dream. It's not like GOI is buying them for China threat.. Otherwise more Apache & US fighter jet will be ordered. It is a hafta nothing else.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles