India has no reason to be grateful to Mother Teresa

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Lurker,

Read this;

Sufi clerics issue call to reject hardline Wahabis
Rakhi Chakrabarty, TNN | Oct 18, 2011, 01.07AM IST

NEW DELHI: A prominent organization of Sunni clerics has urged Muslims to reject hardline Wahabi Islam, which it said was giving the community a bad name, and called for limiting the influence of Saudi Arabia, which it blamed for meddling in the affairs of Indian Muslims by pumping in petro-dollars.

Sufi clerics issue call to reject hardline Wahabis - The Times of India
It is all about MONEY!!

Iamanidiot

Bengal and in general kolkata was/is a la cesspoole and she tried her best to make it a better place.How many even tried that in the 1st place to criticise her

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India has every reason to be grateful for Mother Teresa. A lifetime of selfless devotion helping tens of thousands. She is what was right with the world.
Could you explain the reasons why?

I have good reasons to be pro Christian, but I am a rationalist and cannot fall prey to propaganda.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Bengal and in general kolkata was/is a la cesspoole and she tried her best to make it a better place.How many even tried that in the 1st place to criticise her
Good sell!

She did a lot good, but it was not purely selfless devotion.

She did for Jesus!

She was merely fulfilling her mission to God!

Iamanidiot

Good sell!

She did for Jesus!

Did any bengali did the same for bengali sake sir ?nope i in such a scenario she is the best one can hope for

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Did any bengali did the same for bengali sake sir ?nope i in such a scenario she is the best one can hope for
Heard of Ramakrishna Mission?

Rama Krishna I believe was a Bengali and so was Swami Vivekananda.

But I agree the dedication is over.

Indians after all.

Mother Teresa is not there and so is her Mission of Charity under Keralite Nuns is becoming a washout!

Noticed the scandals of the Keralite Church?

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Good sell!

She did for Jesus!

Sir the article says that she might have been selfless devoted, but her work was a net bad for Calcutta

1. She actually liked poverty and suffering and so did little alleviate it
2. She was against birth control, which exacerbated the problems from Bangladeshi refugees. This made Calcutta's population problem worse
3. She encouraged the raped women during 1971 genocide of bangladeshis not to abort the babies
4. We have a 'soft spot' because Church ran a big PR campaign, and obviously we all know how political the Nobel Peace prize is

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Mother Teresa certainly served the poor of India,but she inadvertently was also the spiritual conduit through which the christian west would buy the indulgences,a fully paid church approved remission from all its imperial sins.Mother Teresa was the cute school girl, oozing with piety and purity, holding a donation box,tugging at the moral pangs of every Christian soul in the western world.If the church was selling indulgences,Mother Teresa was its best saleswoman.
Mother Teresa had many followers and benefactors all over the world including India. I doubt all of them were writing checks out of the guilt of having colonized India or other under developed nations. Nor was she running some sort of a Ponzi scheme by exploiting the "moral pangs" of Chiristian souls in the West. If anything she put her money where her mouth was.

It is common practice to criticize religious charities because they exploit the destitution in places like India. However one can't forget that the Indian peoples themselves have a long history of perpetuating poverty and a torrid quality of life. Likewise, Calcutta has attracted a lot of charitable missions simply because it is a hovel that is overwhelmingly inhabited by horribly destitute people who have no hope otherwise.

Iamanidiot

pointing at others before smelling their own arse is a bad idea

SpArK

SORCERER
Dont know much about Teresa but knows finding fault in others is our new favorite past time.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir the article says that she might have been selfless devoted, but her work was a net bad for Calcutta
Calcutta and even India is such a mess, even Jesus Christ, my Saviour (note the world My) cannot save us!

God helps those who help themselves.

We, Indians, help no one!

Iamanidiot

@brigadier so much for ramakrishna or vivekananda they are not even worthy of lighting a candle in front of swami narayana guru or jyotiba phule who inspired an entire movement which lifted people ov of poverty

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
any grassroot welfare movement like the church sir nope.
pointing at others before smelling their own arse is a bad idea

Please let us not talk about the Church.

I happen to be involved with the Church rather intimately. Now, should that not give an indication that if that is feasible, then what I am?

Though I will confess that I have never experienced the feeling of smelling arses.

You apparently are aware of the ecstasy!

Do educate us arse smelling illiterates!

Who knows that we are missing out on something unique that is your preserve!

Last edited:

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
It is a simple fact of human life

Go out in the real world across and across all religions and see for yourself the connection between
Atheism and Compassion

Atheism means Rationalism which means Nothing emotional

Compassion is an emotion It is NOT rationality
Wrong on most counts. Whatever you are spouting is by no means fact. Yes, I have gone all over the world and observed that religion and compassion do not share a direct link, nor are atheism and compassion mutually exclusive. Lack of belief in a higher power does not equate to rationality; you can very much be an atheist and irrational or religious and rational.

Compassion is certainly an emotion, but it is by no means restricted to religious people. Please look into the works of Dawkins and Sam Harris to see why your arguments are comprehensively inadequate.

Iamanidiot

couple of inspiring speeches shall not make an individuals deeds.It is ones actions benefiting a large mass of people which are one greatest legacz

Iamanidiot

Buddha was somewhere between atheist and agnostic yet it doesn't mean he wasn't compassionate

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@brigadier so much for ramakrishna or vivekananda they are not even worthy of lighting a candle in front of swami narayana guru or jyotiba phule who inspired an entire movement which lifted people ov of poverty
It is time then you educate yourself.

Being from the Mahar regiment, I am well aware of Phule.

He did great things and there is no doubt.

However, to compare him with Sri Ramakrishna or Swami Vivakananda would be a trifle over the top!

p2prada

^^^ I dont agree with you .

Atheists can never be compassionate TOWARDS others They can be compassionate
ONLY towards their family members at the most

It is a simple fact of human life

Go out in the real world across and across all religions and see for yourself the connection between
Atheism and Compassion

Atheism means Rationalism which means Nothing emotional

Compassion is an emotion It is NOT rationality
Hi, let's not make this into a theist vs atheist argument. It does not help with the continuity of the thread.

Compassion or hatred have nothing to do with atheists or theists.

Iamanidiot

It is time then you educate yourself.

Being from the Mahar regiment, I am well aware of Phule.

He did great things and there is no doubt.

However, to compare him with Sri Ramakrishna or Swami Vivakananda would be a trifle over the top!
Sir,Phule ,Narayana guru ,Periyar and Ambedkar did more for the masses than those two u mentioned.Those four gave hope real hope for self-respect.better life and honour to a large strata of indian society than you can ever imagine in fact they reduced friction between castes and avoided civil war

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles