India gains from standing up to China

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
If India lost a border skirmish the political fallout would be minimal. People are used to disappointment. If China lost to India, the political fallout would be "revolutionary" if you get my meaning.
That's the thing, with both Pakistan and China, they are authoritarian states who will lie about casualties and also control the media tightly. Even if they lose the war, their propaganda wings will make sure that the people think they won it.

Case in point: Pakistani public thinks it has never lost a war against India even though they have lost four. :shock:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
That's the thing, with both Pakistan and China, they are authoritarian states who will lie about casualties and also control the media tightly. Even if they lose the war, their propaganda wings will make sure that the people think they won it.

Case in point: Pakistani public thinks it has never lost a war against India even though they have lost four. :shock:
What could you expect from them,after all,One is suffering from severe mental retardation as it's population is indulged into incest level over 9000 and other is full of pussymen as their women is more 'manly' than their men,and the men are indulged into masturbation level over 9000.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
What could you expect from them,after all,One is suffering from severe mental retardation as it's population is indulged into incest level over 9000 and other is full of pussymen as their women is more 'manly' than their men,and the men are indulged into masturbation level over 9000.
Right, I'm just pointing out that I disagree with @Armand2REP

Indian public will come to know very quickly if India lost and political consequences will be disastrous. China and Pakistan have nothing to lose. The fact that they didn't escalate is sheer cowardice.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

That was easier in decades past, but with so many Chinese on the internet they can't police it before the word got out.

Flame Thrower

If India lost a border skirmish the political fallout would be minimal. People are used to disappointment. If China lost to India, the political fallout would be "revolutionary" if you get my meaning.
You don't know the ground reality. Opposition in India is dying for a chance to blame and criticize the govt. Forget loosing, any minor signs of GOI taking back step is enough for Opposition and Dallal media to portray that Modi feared and let down India. Media would declare China as winner even before China does.

I agree with you on Chinese loss. In fact politics is one of the reasons for China to start it in the first place I.e sending PLAGF to build road in Doklam. Xi is having re-election in November 2017. He wanted a diplomatic win, but didn't expected a military response. November 2017 is going to be interesting.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles