India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' boost

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Re: India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' bo

Are you trying to say I preach too much? That sentence is really sometying ;)
I am trying to say "Finnish is difficult to pronounce mate" :D

I had the feeling that some goof up might happen because of translator :D

Dhairya Yadav

double post

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

This is awesome. I had heard many times that Finland's education is very different and unorthodox , but I didnt knew that it was so different.
I did notice some similarities between my School and Finnish System -

1. Till 7th grade (age 12) even we rarely had any HW or tests .
2. Till 3rd grade exams were conducted, but no kid was ever failed (all pass irrespective of score ).
3. I think this point is valid for all Indian schools- every kid is treated as same whatsoever his IQ be.
4. My class at school comprises of only 22 students. But there are many sections of same class.
5. We get 45 min of Recess (between 75 min of Finland and 27 Min of US).
6. Every teacher at my school (except Computer) also has a Masters degree.

But most of the points I made are valid only to extremely minority of schools which are serious to providing good education to students.

The best feat of my School was that even with all these facilities, It was affordable for nearly everyone- from rich to poor Annual Fees- Rs. 15,000 ($250). If you are from a poor family, they would give special concessions so there burden is decreased.

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

You Finns should spread your education thinking to other countries. Its only going to be better for humanity ! :)

apple

Do you see indian members pointing out sub-par treatment of natives by Australia. Keep to the topic mate.

Focus on positives .

After all if a big war does break out, we are going to be fighting on the same side. May be time has come to appreciate each other's strengths.
Australians and Indians have fought together, and died side by side, on too many occasions to mention. But yes, Australia is still the best kind of allie for India.

And who roams Australia? Ask the Chinese :rofl:
Australia and China have an excellent business relationship. Your comment just demonstrates why modern India is driving itself into a hole and why Indian's are becoming the new Arabs i.e. hated by all

ladder

Country flag

Australians and Indians have fought together, and died side by side, on too many occasions to mention. But yes, Australia is still the best kind of allie for India.

Australia and China have an excellent business relationship. Your comment just demonstrates why modern India is driving itself into a hole and why Indian's are becoming the new Arabs i.e. hated by all
Having excellent business relationship doesn't change a thing, about Chinese views how they view the creatures who roam Australia. China if need be, do business with mongrels too.

My comments doesn't represent anything other than your bias. But, it seems, it's not your individual trait but a national trait.

apple

Having excellent business relationship doesn't change a thing, about Chinese views how they view the creatures who roam Australia. China if need be, do business with mongrels too.

My comments doesn't represent anything other than your bias. But, it seems, it's not your individual trait but a national trait.
Australia, internationally, has friends. India, less so. Unlike Indians, Australians don't tend to talk dumb, offensive shit about others, which is a clue as to why we are liked. You, and your country are the new Arabs.

ladder

Country flag

Australia, internationally, has friends. India, less so. Unlike Indians, Australians don't tend to talk dumb, offensive shit about others, which is a clue as to why we are liked. You, and your country are the new Arabs.

Australia has friends? yes maybe. Birds of same feather flock together. There is no dearth of explicitly racist nations. Furthermore what a excellent ice-breaker are the racist jokes, who else can better attest the fact than Aussies.

jouni

You forget that India has found a dear friend with Russia. Russia, Vladimir can warm in the glow of Indian´s admiration every time he breaks some international agreement. Also India looks to be the only nation to chew down all RT propaganda without any problems.

ladder

Country flag

You forget that India has found a dear friend with Russia. Russia, Vladimir can warm in the glow of Indian´s admiration every time he breaks some international agreement. Also India looks to be the only nation to chew down all RT propaganda without any problems.
Found? Was he hiding underneath a Nordic skirt or petticoat?

Propaganda to a nation with 'brain' is like banana skin, everybody knows it's not for consumption. But, you need to have brain ( even if primate level) to know that. Else like elephant you will eat it along the skin.

Whatever, it's far better than racist BBC or privacy encroaching Australian radio stations.

jouni

This is awesome. I had heard many times that Finland's education is very different and unorthodox , but I didnt knew that it was so different.
I did notice some similarities between my School and Finnish System -

1. Till 7th grade (age 12) even we rarely had any HW or tests .
2. Till 3rd grade exams were conducted, but no kid was ever failed (all pass irrespective of score ).
3. I think this point is valid for all Indian schools- every kid is treated as same whatsoever his IQ be.
4. My class at school comprises of only 22 students. But there are many sections of same class.
5. We get 45 min of Recess (between 75 min of Finland and 27 Min of US).
6. Every teacher at my school (except Computer) also has a Masters degree.

But most of the points I made are valid only to extremely minority of schools which are serious to providing good education to students.

The best feat of my School was that even with all these facilities, It was affordable for nearly everyone- from rich to poor Annual Fees- Rs. 15,000 ($250). If you are from a poor family, they would give special concessions so there burden is decreased.
I can use myself as an example of the quality of Finnish education system. I doubled one class in highschool because of poor grades, Graduated high school by one point margin, I managed to get to study Architecture by a one point margin, I almost dropped out from there because of poor grades, I graduated to Architect by a margin of 2 points. I bet in India or China a lazy guy like me would never graduate. Maybe lazy is the wrong word. The strength in Finnish system is that you can concentrate to what you are good at and do the mandatory stuff just barely, and still be successful.

I have been a good taxpayer for the last 17 years, worked around the world. So for all you guys there swetting your a** out, relax!!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I can use myself as an example of the quality of Finnish education system. I doubled one class in highschool because of poor grades, Graduated high school by one point margin, I managed to get to study Architecture by a one point margin, I almost dropped out from there because of poor grades, I graduated to Architect by a margin of 2 points. I bet in India or China a lazy guy like me would never graduate. Maybe lazy is the wrong word. The strength in Finnish system is that you can concentrate to what you are good at and do the mandatory stuff just barely, and still be successful.

I have been a good taxpayer for the last 17 years, worked around the world. So for all you guys there swetting your a** out, relax!!
I find no reason why you would not succeed in India.

If you were an Indian, you would have known the system and educated yourself likewise.

Each country has its own way.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Right now, India is finding its own place in the sun.

If Valdimir can help, well and good.

If Uncle Sam can, well and good.

If John Smith can, well and good.

And if Eetu or Rasmus can help, well and good.

And even we welcome Santa the Claus to help, if he can!

We chew all propaganda of the world, without reservations, because we know it is junk, but it is good for political correctness.

jouni

Right now, India is finding its own place in the sun.

If Valdimir can help, well and good.

If Uncle Sam can, well and good.

If John Smith can, well and good.

And if Eetu or Rasmus can help, well and good.

And even we welcome Santa the Claus to help, if he can!

We chew all propaganda of the world, without reservations, because we know it is junk, but it is good for political correctness.
Your president will meet Santa Claus tomorrow when he visits Lapland in Rovaniemi. I am only 150km away, too bad I have to work and cannot go. Would be interesting have a beer with him and talk about all stuff.

ghost

that instead of fighting wars with your neighbours, hug them to death with your economic and technological superiority.

Some in Asia can't be learned and refused to be told. India will continue to alienate all its neighbours and insult all that approach it. Indians are becoming the new Arabs

@apple sir @jouni sir

No one is saying do not criticize India,do whatever you want to do man.But then if you insult us and our country ,make ignorant comments,carry on generalization then some hostility is imminent towards you.If you can criticize us , we can also criticize you .Now regarding peace and neighbors let me educate you ,For it let me place you in India's shoes.

Since main two countries with which India has problem are Pakistan and China ,I will deal with these two.

First come to Pakistan

Australian prime minister goes to Pakistan,start a bus service from Australia to Pakistan ease visa rule so that more people can visit one another country at cheap rates.Gives most favorable nation designation to Pakistan, so they get huge discount and perks in trade.

While your pm is doing all the sweet talk above ,Pakistan is sending its army and occupying your territory,which have been left unguarded because you trust your loving neighbor and harsh winter is approaching.This all result in kargil war,where your soldiers have to fight in one of the most harsh and unforgiving condition.At last you are able to reclaim your home with hundreds of your soldier dead.

For this unmatched treachery and backstabbing ,a big hug to Pakistan.

Now these are the gift which Pakistan send in to your country at regular basis .Along with fighters who can make good use of them.

A big hug to Pakistan.

Pakistan draw your blood at your roads,ur markets each and everywhere .And bloats about destroying you by giving you 1000 cuts.killing innocent ,destroying peace and disrupting normal life.

A big hug to Pakistan.

When it is not doing these thing ,it is busy firing at you.Destroying civilian property and killing civilian and army men.And this is so common that has become a routine.

A big hug to Pakistan.

This is the peaceful messenger ,which Pakistan send in your country at regular basis.Just to do one thing destroy and kill everyone.

A big hug to Pakistan.

So you have a country that claim large part of your country,want to kill and destroy you just because you belong to another religion.Is fanatical does not understand logic .
A big hug to Pakistan.

Now come to China

Your prime minister host Chinese president and greet them.Want to increase cooperation and friendship with them.

While your prime minister is busy greeting Chinese president ,China reciprocate with this.

A big hug to China.

China not only claims large part of your land ,but shows a big part of your country as China part,they make infrastructure in their part but when you try to do something they threaten you.They come into your country beat your civilians .

A big hug to China.

Now under all these circumstance if you still want to hug ,give your country as gift to others,close your eyes on the innocent blood split by them.Then you are most welcome to hug and build friendship.We will prefer war.

Coming to Europe ,it is not they are saint,as they are the main force behind world war 1 and 2.After the end of world war there was whole new era of cold war and many other circumstances which made them forget enmity towards each other and stand united against a bigger threat.There is a huge difference in the situation,threat and hostility in Europe and our region.But you are ignorant enough.

Go tell America to hug isis,North korea ,Russia,Syria,Iran.
Go tell Israel to hug Palestine,Iran
Go tell Ukraine and Nato to hug Russia

Then come to us to preach.

And now please do not start with your punchline ,that you think so because you were colonize by Britain and you feel sorry for us.We feel what we feel because we can see and think independently.We can clearly see the double standards , discrimination ,and bias.And as long as you are entitled to your view ,we are also free to view as we see it. It has nothing to do with our history but everything to do with what is happening at present.

Bye and sorry ,I did not meant to insult you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@apple adding to @ghost 's point

like many island countries only source of your opinion on what we are going through is based on news articles and television, most of our opinions are formed because of what is happening closer to home. By home I mean our houses literally. Most of the DFI members will be living cities where there has been some bomb blast or other.

Take my case for example- we had a bomb blast just 3 km from my house , it was outside a low intensity bomb outside a movie theatre in feb 2013. Worst part is I was there an hour earlier.

Now I completely understand that this a an effect because of a "cause", what makes my blood boil is this cause resides outside of india. If this was caused by internal issues like communist extremists, we understand that this is an internal issue and we know that have nobody else to blame but ourselves, we are solving this issue with force first followed by spreading education, governance into the jungles.

Inspite of all this nonsense india has decided that it has to solve these problems by it's strengths, not by being dependant on others. This leads to situations where india has to put its national interests first,however unpopular they are among other countries. Every country does that.

Because of all this am I picking a gun and start bombing the country responsible for doing this via terrorism? No. I am doing the next best thing, I am directly helping indian companies make millions of dollars so that india can have sufficient international clout to solve our problems. Inline with india's strategic policy.

jouni

@ghost, Great post, commenting it now would be disrespectful towards you, sir.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Their is not much to say after Looking at the briefed post given @ghost ..

Btw, Is Nokia is Finnish firm ?

jouni

Their is not much to say after Looking at the briefed post given @ghost ..

Btw, Is Nokia is Finnish firm ?
Yeah, Nokia is Finnish firm. Except cell phone division, which was sold to Microsoft

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles