India Cold Start Doctrine and Pakistan's Tactical Nukes

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
I have a few doubts regarding Cold Start doctrine,

1) As per CSD will India's 3 Strike Corps (I, II, XXI) will be split into IBG?

2) There are information circulating that Pivot Corps will be enhanced Artillery and Armor support? will these support will be additional or taken away from strike corps & provided to Pivot Corps?

3) One more Information I gone through this thread earlier post is that Sundarji Doctrine of splitting Pakistan into 2 are not abandoned. This means Pivot Corps will make shallow thrusts after holding Pakistan II Strike Corps attack on India in Rajasthan Sector. After that Indian Strike Corps will exploit the gaps and advance deep into Pakistan.

Logical Plan to retake Western Part of Kashmir:

If Indian army is planning to concentrate 12 Divisions against Pakistan between Fort Abbas and Suliemanke. To do that India needs to use I, II, XXI Strike Corps and X Corps for a decisive blow against Pakistan XXXI Corp and II Corps, with 5 Divisions destroying the centre of Pakistan line and then turning north to outflank Pakistan IV, XXX, I Corps from the rear. Then advance further North to take Rawalpindi and trap Pakistan force in Kashmir

It means Indian army leadership is ready to leave Pathankot-Jammu Corridor Vulnerable to Pakistan I Strike Corps and most of the Rajasthan Vulnerable to Pakistan XII, V Corps. We could lose around 1,00,000 Km2 of territory including our life line to kashmir, where Pakistan will attack with X and XI Corps costing us a big chunk of kashmir.

Indian army believes Pakistan Centre of Gravity lies in Punjab. Once we Indian army captures Bhawalpur, Multan, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi. Pakistan is finished plus collapse. If Indian army is out numbered in some of the sectors, Indian army can counter attack and minimize the loss of territory captured by Pakistan.

Above may be the plan of Sundarji, May be professionals and experts can confirm.

The plan is good, but what is not there?

Biggest advantage Pakistan has is, Pakistan is ready to give ground on desert sector, Because unlike Indian Politicians who want every inch of our ground to be defended, Pakistan politicians are not under such pressure. This timidity thinking by Indian Politicians, is one of the biggest disadvantage of Indian Military and advantage of Pakistan strategic community.

Above Plan which I took from a book is for capturing Western Part of Kashmir, but for capturing Northern Part of POK. We may have to raise several new divisions, procure more helicopters ( Indigenously) & Create additional strike corps. The talk of lean and mean army should end and we should develop a VIBRANT MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX to recapture POK.

Experts and professional are requested to answer the three questions which I raised at the beginning of this post?

A Wonderful thread, Thank you all
Bro right now, I am not sure any civilian has this part figured out right now. Main reason being that whatever the Army had planned for and whatever we had been discussing the past three pages, it all changed last year when Infantry Divs of I Strike Corps were permanently re-tasked to Ladakh. Now we have two Strike Corps left on Western front and IBG-ization is still in its infancy. Cadre reviews are also in progress. Lets wait and watch for now, it will become clearer 5-6 years down the line when the theater commands and IBGs are all in place and the cadre reviews will have been implemented.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Cold start is old news, its already outdated. Gen V.K Singh had pushed in a far deadlier doctrine after he came in already 4 years ago. During Cold Start Army still maintained Strike and Holding Corps, that's entirely changed now.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/deadlier-war-doctrine/story-G2rseQPKHtVuxtutmGImEJ.html

The new doctrine essentially converted holding Corps into Pivots, essentially enabling the entire army to run offensive ops. Pivots will crush through into enemy territory while strike formations go further and cause havoc. This new doctrine has the Pakis shitting in their salwars, forcing them to deploy majority of their reserves into battle since day 1. This also forces them to essentially bring out low yield tac nukes also from day 1 since they can't bare the brunt of what will eventually be up to 3-4 Pivot Corps and 1 Strike Corp running through paki countryside before our own politicians, the UN and International Community can say jack about it.

Also with the NSA/NCA making it absolutely clear that any fielding of low level tac nukes will result in overwhelming strategic response, the Pakis don't stand a chance
Which military doctorine India wants to follow may be guessed from weapon purchase and excercise. Purchase of Akash in big numbers indicates independent battle group sort of thing.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Are you serious? Like tarbela and Multan hahahahaha
Yes we are very much serious mate. Be careful Bro ,East Pakistan Or more Precisely Bangladesh was just a trailer. Anyways we don't have to break Pakistan ourselves, Pakistan will itself break from Inside. I guess Balochistan is next my man.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles