India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanmay

Country flag
Why google earth interpretation of LAC cant be trusted completely

I was reading about the defeat of 7th Infantry Brigade at Namka Chu @ Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh in 1962.

Currently the Indian Army seems to occupy Hathung La Ridge(Light brown line) while Chinese hold Thagla Ridge (Red line).

But as you can see Google Earth lays the boundary in a way that Indian Posts are shown to be in Chinese held territory
01.PNG

Gshvar

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I can count 3 logical fallacies in your above rant.
1. Red Herring
You are introducing a new argument without addressing the last and that too is irrelevant.
2. Appeal to false Authority:
It is not Army’s prerogative nor discretion to call for a War, they have never said or announced it. You are making claims out of nothing. Army do play a consultative role and advice the government which generally stays private. Demand for better equipment, access and fast mobility for which they even do elaborated exercises do get public scrutiny which in turns create pressure on the Government and even at times become election issue.
3. Straw-man:
We are not here to tolerate your slandering and smear. This is simply a blog were people come and use their expressions and opinions. No one is misleading anyone. Don’t try to cast aspersions on members and their intentions. People are free to take it or leave

I posted a link in previous my quote to support my assertion. You only posted ^^.

??

There are threads on this forum where I have discussed vertical and horizontal R&D, probably you were not even in a preschool at that time. BTW your rant is again a red herring. Looks like you need some break to reconsider your approach on debating with members.
1. So prove it that on 16th June govt gave the order to throw chinese out. The brawl happened the Military took the initiative, and no one is happy there. Where is the revenge? The men died inside their territory and you are licking political boots like an echo chamber, false classifying all facts just to shadow weakness in North block and babudom? Shame on you! On that day wasn't your jaishanker having sips with the chinese counter part and talking about de-escalation?... :mad2:
Any explanation why Chinese did not take Indian foreign minister seriously?

2. So you think military will tell you how much time does it take to build and operate a forward Aux air field? You can fool other members not me.

3. So you do not know about turbine tech I guess , going for G414 for almost all of your products and then boasting on forums bout India being super power and government doing enough on R&D of jet engines. h jaa yaar!

4. Yes I have read that thread, it's full of Crap!! You yourself are not aware of the difference between the vertical and horizontal technology transfer. If India is so keen in taking horizontal TOT then why struggling with Kaveri LOL.

right wing

Country flag
so 40 pulwama soldiers were collateral damage? are you saying this? And 21 soldiers from 16 Bihar are collateral damages?
What was balakot precisely about?
And what makes u think that a larger war would be 0 casuality
Even if we say win POK,you could rant 3000 soldiers collateral loss ??why not take full Pakistan.
You clearly seem to be hell bent on blaming GOI /leadership come what may.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Depends on many things. Availability of roads, the terrain etc are some of the few things that matters. Try reactivating the ALG at Vijoynagar AP in 3 days.

Gshvar

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Guys any war with China is meaningless until it includes recreation of buffer states of Tibet and East Turkestan. Otherwise we are just wasting lives and resources with no gain.

If India is attacked then India must defend itself. But unnecessary bloodshed has no benefit.
In India politicians risk lives of Indian soldiers for their political gains. When military actually takes things seriously or takes action , then suddenly they run to de-escalate the situation.

Gshvar

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Even if we say win POK,you could rant 3000 soldiers collateral loss ??why not take full Pakistan.
I would say do it when you can minimize the causality, if you do it afterwards, the numbers will not restrict to 3000

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
So prove it that on 16th June govt gave the order to throw chinese out. The brawl happened the Military took the initiative, and no one is happy there. Where is the revenge? The men died inside their territory and you are licking political boots like an echo chamber, false classifying all facts just to shadow weakness in North block and babudom? Shame on you! On that day wasn't your jaishanker having sips with the chinese counter part and talking about de-escalation?... :mad2:
Any explanation why Chinese did not take Indian foreign minister seriously?
If there was no political will then how troops from Ghatak and Sikh soldiers of artillery accepted the call for reinforcement instead of doing talks with Chinese to leave out our troops and eventually when Ghataks went their some sources say they broke the backbones of Chinese soldier and killed a high ranking officer and this was instant military didn't waited to get further orders from new Delhi.
The brawl happened in the first place because government told military to remove chinks from that place.
And when Modi was roaring like tiger why Chinese left the territory instead of holding it remember the tweets which president gave after modi told him about the situation he tweeted india is going through tuff times but we should stand firm.
And after few days Chinese made a retreat.
So much for chini Super power.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@hit&run was it you, who was mentioning recently that wheeled APC/Tanks were not appropriate for LAC & beyond?
you have any literature on this?
Yes, I picked it up from OoE at WAB then did a bit of study.

A quick read below.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Waah beta, so you sent your soldiers with the agreement of not using any Light or heavy weapons to remove Chinese who were prepared with knives and rods to beat Indian soldiers, and after they die you suddenly abolish the agreement?
Bakchodi band karo boss!!
Dont start ranting without knowing the exact details. You think there is a nukkad fight going on or what? No body asked 16 BIHAR to fight. Dude your comments are on a different level. Seriously you have been to the LAC right? Then you should know what is the SOP. Why the same rant since morning?

arkos

Country flag
In India politicians risk lives of Indian soldiers for their political gains. When military actually takes things seriously or takes action , then suddenly they run to de-escalate the situation.
Lol ! calm yourself down. Fighting a war unprepared will result in another 1962 and there is no point in fighting wars if you don't gain anything strategic. Plus to capture Tibet we would first need to create internal uprisings which can only be done by Dalai Lama. So, we need to start from there. If Dalai Lama dies without a successor you can say goodbye to any dreams for Tibet, and start worrying about Ladhak, Arunachal and other places with Tibetan refugees since China has already plans with reincarnations of new Lama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles