India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Was 1962 abt trade .. I think china wanted to teach india a lesson on who is the boss whn india started started showing leadership role in world ... And they wanted to secure tibet..
CCP is a very insecure agent from what i see they r doing to their country.. They have killed millions in the name of stability .. Be it cultural revolution or falungong... Something might have spooked them .. either dokhlam .. amitshah statement.. india army chief openly saying taking back pok which might threatened cpec..Or quad.. india's growing closeness with usa.. Their slowing economy and prospect of india's rise in future.. cld be nythng or all combined.. And with in years we ll have s400 and rafael.. Our s400 placed at lower elivation ll be much more effective than theirs ..
First let's not forget, failure of 1962 was in only one sector i.e NEFA where the chain of command broke on our side, in all other sectors it was matched more or less.

there is a difference between military posturing and war. in the current case it was military posturing gone awry, and they will loose atleast 20 billion $ in trade.

Synergy

Country flag
Well the BJP hasn’t done great on the defence front either. They started off playing musical chairs with DMs. There wasn’t a proper DM for ages and then when one settled in another was brought in which started the whole cycle again. On top of it the defence budget which was expected to be increased under the NDA was in fact reduced in terms of percentage of GDP. All the hype about make in India hasn’t brought about any tangible results on ground. Private industry hasn’t been encouraged as much as it should. Orders still go to the same old defence PSUs. Where is the incentive for Private sector to get innovative when a single sale can drag on for years. People praise the NDA for border infrastructure forgetting that the infrastructure was sanctioned by the previous govt. The initial 72 roads sanctioned have still not been completed in spite of 6 years of the NDA which shows it’s not just about this or that govt but the reality of the harsh terrain which delays these projects,

I do agree that the NDA has pushed some procurements like artillery but this is not enough. A lot more could have been done to plug critical gaps that were left by the mentioned previous govt. A critical requirement like the P75 I hasn’t even reached the RFP stage in 6 years.

People try to paint the previous govt as useless and the current govt as the saviour. This is not about the UPA or then NDA . This is about India. The people of the country kicked out the previous govt for non performance. What is laughable is that the current govt has been shirking it’s responsibilities by blaming previous govts for anything and everything. If you can’t do much much better than the previous govt then what is the use of you even being in power?

I have said this before and I will say this again. For India to be a great power India needs a strong economy which currently is in a total mess. Fix it first . Chest thumping is ok for elections. But the Govt needs to get its head down and work for the betterment of the country. Right now whatever the govt does seems to be just to win elections and nothing more.
nobody has any magic wand that can be used to erase all mistakes those have been done since independence.

and you are saying about economy, all GDP growth that we saw was due to high inflation (UPA time). (ready to discuss economics if you like).

sorry but I'm finding your posts as political rants and I'm not in love with Nehru-Ghandy family, so can't resist myself from debating.

those part-time DMs have done way better than any full time DM like Amar-Akbar-Antony.
and govt, terrain etc? Mr Antony has specifically said in the Parliament that we decided to not to do anything and not to look. what does that mean? harsh terrain?

what about MMRCA saga? at least this govt has bought 36.

Cong govts were useless and I don't think anybody has any confusion regarding that. this govt is trying to sort that mess out.
this govt is much more better. how many scams have you seen during this govt? How many commonwealth, coal, 2g, RG foundation etc? how many MoUs between CCP and BJP?

which job (except corruption) previous govt has done better than this govt?

I'm ready to debate on Indian economy if you wish. remember, those 8/9% GDP was result of 12/15% inflation and that was WPI not CPI.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Bloodly war Bloody war

Man India don't start full fledged war With Pakistan Even after attack of Pulwama

You think CCP Will Risk It

all this Short scale war is myth Once you Escalate a conflict into a war It Will Full Fire & fury

That Means MAD
Actors like USA and China think they can win a nuclear war.
Actors like India and Pakistan think nukes are a deterrent.

Weak parties think of nukes as deterrent.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Could The Indian Navy Strangle China’s Lifeline In The Malacca Strait?

So, taken together the strategic importance of the Strait of Malacca to China will reduce over time. India will still be in a position to throttle Chinese supply lines there, but it will not have the same impact that it once would have.

JBH22

the said territory should have strategic value for trade, only then it becomes a worthy investment for a military conflict.
As said earlier China wants to cut India to size, so that we keep mum and it can divert all its attention on its Eastern front. Giving a blow to India serves to tell other smaller nations keep quiet, prevents India US alignment to contain PRC. Plus it gives more points to Xi locally, he can tell his fellow men see I have defeated this country 😋

WARREN SS

Country flag
How?
North Korea is a headache for South Korea (and maybe Japan to some extent). How is USA bogged down?
North Korea having nukes actually gives USA a lot of leverage in East Asia. It is good for USA.
Well Its Look Good on Paper but Kim Can go Full Monty Against japan And South Koreans
Tragedy is US can just has To look At It from side

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well Its Look Good on Paper but Kim Can go Full Monty Against japan And South Koreans
Tragedy is US can just has To look At It from side
It depends. If North Korea has a small number of nukes with low yields, then it is of no big concern to the USA.
And Japan and South Korea staying in American orbit is big payoff.

Methinks North Korea is mostly hype at this point. Most of its weapons (including nukes) are duds.

This is why Trump is so cool with North.

Pay attention to Iran and China. These are the spots of trouble.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Well the BJP hasn’t done great on the defence front either. They started off playing musical chairs with DMs. There wasn’t a proper DM for ages and then when one settled in another was brought in which started the whole cycle again. On top of it the defence budget which was expected to be increased under the NDA was in fact reduced in terms of percentage of GDP. All the hype about make in India hasn’t brought about any tangible results on ground. Private industry hasn’t been encouraged as much as it should. Orders still go to the same old defence PSUs. Where is the incentive for Private sector to get innovative when a single sale can drag on for years. People praise the NDA for border infrastructure forgetting that the infrastructure was sanctioned by the previous govt. The initial 72 roads sanctioned have still not been completed in spite of 6 years of the NDA which shows it’s not just about this or that govt but the reality of the harsh terrain which delays these projects,

I do agree that the NDA has pushed some procurements like artillery but this is not enough. A lot more could have been done to plug critical gaps that were left by the mentioned previous govt. A critical requirement like the P75 I hasn’t even reached the RFP stage in 6 years.

People try to paint the previous govt as useless and the current govt as the saviour. This is not about the UPA or then NDA . This is about India. The people of the country kicked out the previous govt for non performance. What is laughable is that the current govt has been shirking it’s responsibilities by blaming previous govts for anything and everything. If you can’t do much much better than the previous govt then what is the use of you even being in power?

I have said this before and I will say this again. For India to be a great power India needs a strong economy which currently is in a total mess. Fix it first . Chest thumping is ok for elections. But the Govt needs to get its head down and work for the betterment of the country. Right now whatever the govt does seems to be just to win elections and nothing more.
nobody has any magic wand that can be used to erase all mistakes those have been done since independence.

and you are saying about economy, all GDP growth that we saw was due to high inflation (UPA time). (ready to discuss economics if you like).

sorry but I'm finding your posts as political rants and I'm not in love with Nehru-Ghandy family, so can't resist myself from debating.

those part-time DMs have done way better than any full time DM like Amar-Akbar-Antony.
and govt, terrain etc? Mr Antony has specifically said in the Parliament that we decided to not to do anything and not to look. what does that mean? harsh terrain?

what about MMRCA saga? at least this govt has bought 36.

Cong govts were useless and I don't think anybody has any confusion regarding that. this govt is trying to sort that mess out.
this govt is much more better. how many scams have you seen during this govt? How many commonwealth, coal, 2g, RG foundation etc? how many MoUs between CCP and BJP?

which job (except corruption) previous govt has done better than this govt?

I'm ready to debate on Indian economy if you wish. remember, those 8/9% GDP was result of 12/15% inflation and that was WPI not CPI.
:lawl: :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

i personally believe that after demise of sardar patel, india has a strong leader in modi.
one thing i like about modi is he had courage and guts to demolish article 370 making INDIA into one nation again.. for this alone all congress nethas needs to drink modi's piss one cup in morning and one cup in evening so that they can grow a pair of these

1594221030089.png

i also love Gandhian and Nehru family and of course the rahul gandhi.. lets debate in another thread..

JBH22

It depends. If North Korea has a small number of nukes with low yields, then it is of no big concern to the USA.

Methinks North Korea is mostly hype at this point. Most of its weapons (including nukes) are duds.

North Korea to start with will not have enough fuel to send it's armoured vehicles , it's air defence derelict all these will be chewed down by South Korean and Japanese hi tech airforce and navy.
Where North Korea can create trouble is it's artillery and ballistic missiles plus sending wave of troops at its disposal. Question remains how effective it's ballistic missile program is. Otherwise North Korean is just a rabid dog.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

WARREN SS

Country flag

150 kt Not Small yeild It can 5-10 can Wipe both south and Japan

Nuclear weapon Is uncertain territory no one takes it chances.

garg_bharat

Country flag
150 kt Not Small yeild It can 5-10 can Wipe both south and Japan

Nuclear weapon Is uncertain territory no one takes it chances.
North Korea may not have more than 10kt. If it had, South would be paying hafta to it dutifully.

garg_bharat

Country flag
They were both debt traps for Pakistan. Chinese knew it from the start but they
wanted to enslave the inbreds.
I watched a few videos about colleges in Pakistan. Their best colleges are similar to our third-rung colleges. Pakistan in general is not a country that can generate a lot of profit for any foreign investor.

Chinese are in Pakistan due to strategic reasons (primarily to box in India).

I can bet Bangladesh is better than Pakistan.
And Nepal will be worse than Pakistan.

China is basically burning cash in India's neighborhood just to box in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles