India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkos

Country flag
Are we deceiving ourselves ?

This is no de-escalation but disengagement. Indian troops will return to PP-14 after some days. Can't have two armies that have recently lost men almost face to face staring at each other. Trust is at an all time low and tensions are high, even a small incident could lead to a firefight. Disengagement is being done so that heads can cool down at the border while de-escalation talks continue. De-escalation will happen only when all the heavy firepower and additional troops brought by both countries will move back.

cereal killer

Country flag
Why india agreed to create buffer zone on its own land ? because we want deescalation ... china still saying loudly entire galwan valley is theirs .. nd we agreed to move our troops from there .. china took there troops to their side of LAC .. I want 2 ask people who wants to take back aksai chin , POK and give freedom to Tibet r u living in real world ??
What makes you think that we have backed off? It is a tactical retreat for both sides at most. No one won, It's a draw as of now. Taking back PoK is a different matter. Tibet was gone 50 years ago & we accepted the fact in 2003. Aksai is a part of a Chinese state unlike PoK. So far I haven't seen any Indian interest in taking back Aksai.. I guess they don't think the effort is worth it. We can claim it like China claims Arunachal. However anything can happen in war, we may capture few key areas. All I think is our roads & Infra should not stop at any cost & we should actually speed it up. I heard Xi was planning to ramp up the infra on his western border between 2020-25.

doreamon

Country flag
What makes you think that we have backed off? It is a tactical retreat for both sides at most. No one won, It's a draw as of now. Taking back PoK is a different matter. Tibet was gone 50 years ago & we accepted the fact in 2003. Aksai is a part of a Chinese state unlike PoK. So far I haven't seen any Indian interest in taking back Aksai.. I guess they don't think the effort is worth it. We can claim it like China claims Arunachal. However anything can happen in war, we may capture few key areas. All I think is our roads & Infra should not stop at any cost & we should actually speed it up. I heard Xi was planning to ramp up the infra on his western border between 2020-25.
Galwan valley was never disputed like fingers ... They came and said entire Galwan valley is theirs .. Then deescalation happened . We moved our troops from our side of galwan valley which is undiputed .. They simply went back to their side of LAC.. The buffer is on our side . chinese did nt retreat .. they went back to their side of LAC and we moved back frm our undisputed land ... Is there something i m missing ?

cereal killer

Country flag
Galwan valley was never disputed like fingers ... They came and said entire Galwan valley is theirs .. Then deescalation happened . We moved our troops from our side of galwan valley which is undiputed .. They simply went back to their side of LAC.. The buffer is on our side . chinese did nt retreat .. they went back to their side of LAC and we moved back frm our undisputed land ... Is there something i m missing ?
It is dis engagement as of now. I don't think it was feasible for both India & China to keep their camps there this season. So yes this may be the temporary buffer coz we didn't grab their their land, they came here so they naturally had to go to their side while retreating. All I'm saying let's wait & don't pass judgements right now.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Another typical bhakt of tzuiyapa. How much can one intellectualize stupidity and arrogance?

Chinese moves are like sacrificing wazir for pawns. Like one article said, Xi did in 6 months what USA couldn't do in 4 years, that is forming a block against China. Efforts of other nations are so hostile against China that USA seems to be on backseat.

Sun Tzu would be turning in his grave.

Belagutti

Country flag
It is dis engagement as of now. I don't think it was feasible for both India & China to keep their camps there this season. So yes this may be the temporary buffer coz we didn't grab their their land, they came here so they naturally had to go to their side while retreating. All I'm saying let's wait & don't pass judgements right now.
Why not we do kargil to them occupy key post's at the end of the winter. We can't contol every territory but at least control key point and areas.

Skyh3ck

This deescalation is not in Indias favour... Every time any thing happen with China.. it's always china gaining some terotory and india loosing.. media is showing it as a big achievement..

Remember this opportunity will not come back again in near future when big power is with india.. they will listen to whatever india says..

garg_bharat

Country flag
This deescalation is not in Indias favour... Every time any thing happen with China.. it's always china gaining some terotory and india loosing.. media is showing it as a big achievement..

Remember this opportunity will not come back again in near future when big power is with india.. they will listen to whatever india says..
You are wrong. This is not about territory in Ladakh. This is a much bigger game.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Are we deceiving ourselves ?

It's all out now that both the countries want to cool down the tensions and that if war happens none will care for buffer zones or written agreements. The Indians will again patrol to such areas where they have agreed to not to patrol, the same will be done by the Chinese.

Whatever is being done is temporary provisions to cool it down. Some experts are taking it out of its context and deriving long term meanings which isn't correct.

Anandhu Krishna

Let's see what happens. It's going to be a sad day when rahul swears in as PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles