India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarjen

I think Chinese capabilities and strategy is hyped mostly by Indians. Chinese leaders would never have succeeded in India if they were here. You need well-thinking and 'educated' people to create a good system and fools to create a communist state.
I think the same,,,, Chinese only fear strength. talks are waste, I'm glad BJP has given freehand to the Military unlike those pussies in Congress.

cereal killer

Country flag
If you ask me honestly, any written agreement won't matter if our interest are harmed by China.
Real problem is, we have not been able to send right signals to China, any breach of trust from their side will nullify all agreements between two countries, including signed by Nehru...
Indian diplomacy is ridden with infusing subtleties in messaging & good for sharpening English skills.
Need a change big time in messaging...
Absolutely India can back away from any agreement it has made if it wishes to. Question is are we willing to go that far? Our China policy has always been confusing but China's policy is clear that is to undermine India at any cost & they have done that over the years. Either China recognises GB & PoK as part of India or we should not acknowledge Tibet & Xinjiang as part of PRC that should be the case. But I doubt we will change our stance on this issue any time soon.

Kalki2020

Country flag
Oli was co-opted for this & this is again part of signalling to small neighbours around china...

Sometime back someone in this forum suggesting that Oli might be able to push the hostility down to level of avg citizens between two countries, looking at these events how come one be so naive to draw such thinking even remotely ...

Nepalis are one of the most respected community & will be forever like sugar in milk...

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Absolutely India can back away from any agreement it has made if it wishes to. Question is are we willing to go that far? Our China policy has always been confusing but China's policy is clear that is to undermine India at any cost & they have done that over the years. Either China recognises GB & PoK as part of India or we should not acknowledge Tibet & Xinjiang as part of PRC that should be the case. But I doubt we will change our stance on this issue any time soon.
being a “vibrant” democracy & advocate for rules based world order, it is difficult for India to go back on agreements made with CCP.

second best option is to strive towards solving the inherent internal chinks in our armour created by both marxists & maoists. It’s a slow, cumbersome & non-eye catchy process, but it needs to be done anyways.

defc0n

Country flag
being a “vibrant” democracy & advocate for rules based world order, it is difficult for India to go back on agreements made with CCP.

second best option is to strive towards solving the inherent internal chinks in our armour created by both marxists & maoists. It’s a slow, cumbersome & non-eye catchy process, but it needs to be done anyways.
Agreements are made to be followed by all the involved parties. If one of them goes rouge, I don't think the other member has any obligation towards that agreement any further.

Also -

Kalki2020

Country flag
My opinion is aligned with long term approach. Just weigh two options below

1. Are we comfortable sharing our border with China in long term even if they recognise GB,POK, AP part of India? (Remember china is ruled by CCP ... )

2. Are we comfortable without China as borderline neighbour? Will China recognition over aforementioned territories matter then?

I am for option-2, if we wish to negate any threat from China we must have buffer states in between.. Go for it, it may be painstakingly difficult...

AmitG

Country flag
From whatever is available on the net and I am not talking Shukla , no way does this disengagement look like return to status quo. As usual India is in danger of loosing land. What rubbish is this that we can’t patrol till pp14 till all disengagement is completed. Just means that the Chinese can keep the pot boiling and say things are not settled and the buffer zone turns into a permanent grey area and we loose land till pp14 to and the Chinese are close to their objective of pushing our forces till the Shyok river. Looks like we will never learn and our politicians and babus have once again been cowed down by the Chinese :doh:.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag

The only good thing is that we are continuing with our construction.

The second tweet is exactly my feeling about the current scenario which I have been saying in my last few posts.
The second tweet of yours if true, then it directly contradict PM speech which he said before.
And this is defence forum, we still have to believe a source, if PM can be considered a source then unjhawala ji is wrong.
Or, maybe now shukla can be considered right but we had discussed for that in length.
Or @Hellfire was right.
Modi did party meeting so that NCP or other parties guys could block whatever congress blurted and anyway congress is considered joke.
So, it was easy for people to rubbish it.
But if unjhawala ji is saying true then why the heck modi said that COMMON atleast You first believe in your own people.
It will be not like we whole india will not stand behind PM or soldiers if CHICOMS bastards are inside.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Country flag
My opinion is aligned with long term approach. Just weigh two options below

1. Are we comfortable sharing our border with China in long term even if they recognise GB,POK, AP part of India? (Remember china is ruled by CCP ... )

2. Are we comfortable without China as borderline neighbour? Will China recognition over aforementioned territories matter then?

I am for option-2, if we wish to negate any threat from China we must have buffer states in between.. Go for it, it may be painstakingly difficult...
Ideally Tibet as a buffer would be great but that window of opportunity is long gone we had the chance in 1950's but we had Nehru & his bunch of clowns, now any such attempt will lead to MAD (mutually assured destruction). Even Taiwan's ROC will not give away Tibet if it comes to power after CCP falls. Frankly next Dalai lama will make sure CCP's get what it wants from Tibet. CCP is the root of all problems here.

BeEverVectorMan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Afghanistan is very complex issue
Superpower Like USSR & US failed To control it

CCP is Getting Played by Porks
And the time CCP realise it they will be banged brutally than USA
45% investment came to porki form USA on Afganistan war on terror mostly taken by army and the ruling politicians of that time
I want to see how chini tackle porkis till now it has made good slaves out of porkis

defc0n

Country flag
The second tweet of yours if true, then it directly contradict PM speech which he said before.
And this is defence forum, we still have to believe a source, if PM can be considered a source then unjhawala ji is wrong.
Or, maybe now shukla can be considered right but we had discussed for that in length.
Or @Hellfire was right.
Modi did party meeting so that NCP or other parties guys could block whatever congress blurted and anyway congress is considered joke.
So, it was easy for people to rubbish it.
But if unjhawala ji is saying true then why the heck modi said that COMMON atleast You first believe in your own people.
It will be not like we whole india will not stand behind PM or soldiers if CHICOMS bastards are inside.

Ajay Shukla has been debunked by all. But there is something to the whole thing that doesn't add up.
The PM's statement that no one is present in our territory, when clearly they were present between F4 to F8 is misleading. It is matter of time, truth will come out eventually.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Agreements are made to be followed by all the involved parties. If one of them goes rouge, I don't think the other member has any obligation towards that agreement any further.

Also -

True If there is such a plan, GoI has not given indication as such so far either.

hence finding alternative means like the app ban, Chinese FDI scrutiny etc.

we also have to remember that even with all the FoE, of all the stupid debates we see on TV & SM no one “credible” is making a full argument in favour of breaking past agreements with CCP. I mean proper detailed arguments & counter arguments with pros & cons, not a jazbaati statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles