India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
ONly one pic have a bit of their shows visible properly and as for i can make out they are high knee Gum boots... Happy to be corrected..
Are these Gum boots.... Chinese CCTV footage of the the day of calsh. Our boys carrying PSP sheet to cross over.
Our media is calling that as a bridge...

Gum Boots.jpg

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Some points to remember -
1) China came in, took our land as theirs.
2) Considering (1), they should move back.
3) What happened is they moved back by 2KMs, and we also had to move back by 2 KMs, so whose loss is that?
4) Being ready for war & actually showing intent are two very different ball game - as the 2nd part needs political will. I find that lacking in our government(s).
5) Area denial is a basic tactics employed by China, in this case also, if they can settle down without retreating fully & also manages to push us back in the name of disengagement, they have actually partially achieved their objective.
6) If (5) holds, it is just matter of time before they come back claiming more land - so what do we do? Again show them that we are ready for war & then disengage and go back further by another 2 KMs?

Starting to see a pattern there?
Because according to 1994 agreement there should be a no man land and forward positions must be at particular distance from border. They moved back 2 km we also moved back 2 km. But point here is that they moved back from our perception of LAC i.e pp14 . whereas there perception still runs from confluence of shyok and galwan river it means that they are following our perception not theirs.

defc0n

Country flag
Because according to 1994 agreement there should be a no man land and forward positions must be at particular distance from border. They moved back 2 km we also moved back 2 km. But point here is that they moved back from our perception of LAC i.e pp14 . whereas there perception still runs from confluence of shyok and galwan river it means that they are following our perception not theirs.

I guess it was said that after Galwan clash, all the agreements stands void. We no longer need to abide by any of those.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
My point is, even if it leads to war, I don't think we will initiate it.
If they don't go back to beyond F8, we will see an extended period of talks & further disengagement, may be where the Chinese moves back by 500m & India has to do the same.

My problem is, why is India moving back? Does that not allow China, to rush and capture the entire grey area created by this disengagement? You might say, if they do it, it will lead to war, and it might, but there is also a chance of more dialogs, meetings and all those BS! In this fiasco, the entire narrative was, India wants "peace", "tranquility", "disengagement", bla bla bla. This doesn't send the desired message to the opposition & portrays us as week.

Now only time will tell how we will deal with the Chinese. My gut says that China will come back when the weather and terrain are suitable, it is just matter of time.
our target is April status quo if it is met then we won.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The only land they took is at pagong tso f4-f8.
On all other areas both forces moved forward to lac.
That's where disengagement is planned.

But that's just beginning of disengagement if chinese Don't move back from f4-f8 then it will lead to war.

So we will have to wait and see what happens at pagong tso.
When did they take the land between F4 and F8 ? If Chinese had taken that building a road there in 1999 ... then what were people doing doing from 1999 til 2020...
MEA knew it. MHA knew it, CSG groupd knew it and the PMs must have been told..

Then they all said - Keep quite Modis coming.. uske sir par thikara phorenge..

Call that JS (E) and FS... ask them..

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
something is very wrong with this pic.

Absolutely wrong...
It is

------------------>LAC<----------------
<-------------------LAC------------------>

It is like that...

Chinese came to LAC at PP14 which is LAC//
India also came to PP!4 which is LAC and there was a clash
Both go 1.5 km away from PP14 .. the LAC....

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
Absolutely wrong...
It is

------------------>LAC<----------------
<-------------------LAC------------------>

It is like that...
LAC is at the 90 degree bend or ~500 behind the bend? I understand that according to India LAC is ~500 behind the band, if buffer zone starts from Indian perception then its fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles