India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piyadassi

Country flag
Query: I know some minor showcase descalation is happening. What's the worst that can happen if Modi gives Birthday wishes to Dalai Lama and mentions Tibet's cultural ties with India in his tweet?

Tuco

Country flag
The problem of Pengang Tso needs to be seen in correct perspective.

Chinese will agree to pull back and bring down structures they build post Apr 2020at various places including on Fingers up slopes. But not post 1999.

They are there at Finger4 since 1999 having a built a raod there... so it is difficult now...

Fingers hawa hs been created by that willy Ajay Shukla and Panag... paininting it as intrusion post Apr 2004.

However the Chinese may agree to allow us to patrol (only patrol) till Finger8. Will that make any difference ?? The first partol to Fingr8 must be lead by Gen Panag and last man of the patrol should be Ajay Shukla as a gift to the Chinese..
Even I believed that the finger areas were occupied recently as I didn't know anything about the ground situation and fell for the media hype when the crisis started, only recently i have understood the Patrol points and related stuff . I think it should be acceptable if the deployment numbers are reduced to pre April level and only patrolling is allowed. Hopefully media remain mellow and doesn't start the usual chest thumping.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
China Crafts New Row In Bhutan Wildlife Sanctuary Bordering India

As the SWS request came up for discussion, sources said, the Chinese member of the GEF Council raised objections against the proposal contending that the sanctuary was located in a disputed area between Bhutan and China.

China Stresses on Project ‘Falling in Disputed Area’
The objection came as a shock to the Council meeting but the GEF Secretariat immediately rebutted the Chinese contention pointing out that the SWS was located within the sovereign territory of Bhutan, the sources added.

However, during the adoption of the nal work programme, the Chinese member insisted that the footnote should record that “China objects to this project due to the reasons that the project falls in the disputed area between Bhutan and China”.

The GEF Secretariat suggested that the footnote would only record the fact that China objected to the project and the reasons could come in the highlights of the discussion, which is a less formal record, and not in the Chair’s Summary.

However, the Chinese Council Member indicated that he would need time to consult with his higher ups to come to a view on the matter, the sources revealed.

The matter rests there at the moment but those who have dealt with China say this is not the end of the matter. Bhutan and China admittedly have an acknowledged border dispute dating back decades.

Talks between Thimphu and Beijing have been limited to three areas of dispute (two in North Bhutan — Jakarlung and Pasamlung areas — and one in West Bhutan, the more famous Doklam area).

View attachment 51640

read full article at

Chinese will claim Moon and Mars in the future.
tomorrow we can claim all Ladakh even Aksai chin belong to us like we do with POK
I think changing legal status of J&K will have less impact on China, since China is a bully and a bully-aggressor likes to use force and doesn't care about the law. Chinese have never respected laws of other countries and the international law, they doesn't even comply with the judgments of International Court. Chinese are more disturbed due to infrastructure development done by Modi govt in the bordering areas. Since even before castration of Art. 370 we were there at Galwan and other LAC positions. But now due to infrastructure development we can give a tough fight to them.
our people lack accountability, honesty, responsibility and management. an average time for any country to Research, develop and build an armed drone is max 2-3 years. considering a country as talented as INDIA, which have sent mission to mars and moon should have no problem to meet the time-frame.

I am hearing about RUSTOM drone even before i joined this forum, which is 11 years ago.. and still RUSTOM is nowhere to be found..

Shame!!!
ISRO should secretly control the DRDO and branches.
Never trust China. It's the best time to fortify our defense and offense capabilities.
I am feeling uncomfortable with this de escalation process. What exactly have we conceded in the talks ?
Chinese aren't that stupid. I doubt they will go back without gaining anything in return.
This time they only got international shame and no profit. They will come back with better strategy within 2 or 3 months it seems..

Anandhu Krishna

Ankur Kanaglekar, head of Indian fighter programs at Boeing Defense suggests use of F-18 super hornet block-3 for Indian navy. Also the sale of F-15EX Eagle comes up
Ofcourse he did. Navy promissed to cancel the procurement. Hopefully they stay true to the word and we don't need anymore heavy fighters.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Even I believed that the finger areas were occupied recently as I didn't know anything about the ground situation and fell for the media hype when the crisis started, only recently i have understood the Patrol points and related stuff . I think it should be acceptable if the deployment numbers are reduced to pre April level and only patrolling is allowed. Hopefully media remain mellow and doesn't start the usual chest thumping.
I do not favor that system of LAC management which has betrayed India many times and given PLA an advantage in carrying out intrusions..
LAC needs to fully militarized and then only thee will be a deterrence to the Chinese. The present system of peace and tranquility gives risk free opportunities to PLA to march inside our areas of LAC as if it were a tourist walk on the Ridge Road in Simla.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Galwan Valley: Buffer zone established at clash location, Indian, Chinese forces remove temporary structures, reports suggest

Amidst escalated tensions between India and China at the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) personnel have retreated about 2 km from the site of the violent clashes in Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh, reported The Hindu.

As per the report, India had earlier matched the Chinese troops with temporary structures and bunkers and was in ‘eyeball to eyeball position.’ Following the high-level meeting between the Commanders on both sides on June 30, a survey was conducted to verify whether China acted upon its assurances. Physical verification reportedly revealed that temporary structures were removed by both the sides from the site of violent confrontation in Galwan Valley.

As per the June 30 plan, de-escalation was to take place at critical sites such as Galwan, Pangong Tso, and Hot Springs. Once de-escalation took place in the said areas, a similar course of action would be implemented in ‘depth areas’ such as Depsang plains. Earlier, China made new claims about its stake in the Galwan Valley. Foreign Ministry of China had stated that the Valley was located on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control. As per reports, Special Representatives from India and China are scheduled to meet and find feasible solutions to the border crisis.

Journalist Shiv Aroor has also shared that latest imagery shows that re-location has taken place on both sides at the Galwan Valley Patrol Point 14 and a buffer zone has been established to avoid confrontation between troops. Aroor, however, added further that no change in current positions has taken place in Pangong Tso area.

doreamon

Country flag
At least gov't shouldn't backtrack on decisions like app ban or FDI scrutiny and impose more restriction to huawei and ZTE
that ll be moronic .. If we avoid war this yr , it does nt mean we can do that next summer or the next aftr that . Least i expect from govt aftr all this is recognize china as the real threat and act accordingly ..

ninja hattori

Country flag
At least gov't shouldn't backtrack on decisions like app ban or FDI scrutiny and impose more restriction to huawei and ZTE
Modi is not even naming china just like Pakistan,

Heck not even DD news names Pakistan in its news reports, they just says neighbourhood in west.

They have overplayed there hands. Wait and watch.

TheMayank

Country flag
Chinese troops pulling back at some locations is disengagement not a withdrawal, unless significant & continuous. Just few trucks leaving, tents dismantled would b cosmetic. Mil+Diplomatic talks on. “Let us never negotiate out of fear, but let us never fear to negotiate”

ninja hattori

Country flag
Galwan Valley: Buffer zone established at clash location, Indian, Chinese forces remove temporary structures, reports suggest

Amidst escalated tensions between India and China at the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) personnel have retreated about 2 km from the site of the violent clashes in Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh, reported The Hindu.

As per the report, India had earlier matched the Chinese troops with temporary structures and bunkers and was in ‘eyeball to eyeball position.’ Following the high-level meeting between the Commanders on both sides on June 30, a survey was conducted to verify whether China acted upon its assurances. Physical verification reportedly revealed that temporary structures were removed by both the sides from the site of violent confrontation in Galwan Valley.

As per the June 30 plan, de-escalation was to take place at critical sites such as Galwan, Pangong Tso, and Hot Springs. Once de-escalation took place in the said areas, a similar course of action would be implemented in ‘depth areas’ such as Depsang plains. Earlier, China made new claims about its stake in the Galwan Valley. Foreign Ministry of China had stated that the Valley was located on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control. As per reports, Special Representatives from India and China are scheduled to meet and find feasible solutions to the border crisis.

Journalist Shiv Aroor has also shared that latest imagery shows that re-location has taken place on both sides at the Galwan Valley Patrol Point 14 and a buffer zone has been established to avoid confrontation between troops. Aroor, however, added further that no change in current positions has taken place in Pangong Tso area.

Tactics have changed,

Battle remains same.

They have activated arunachal region by claiming the Bhutan eastern region of sakteng sanctuary.

Was seeing the map,

y do I feel Sikkim is there target?

Nepal on west of Sikkim nd doklam on east where earlier stand off happened.

Now they have claimed eastern part of bhutan where there were no earlier dispute.

So will they pressurise Bhutan to trade off doklam with sakteng?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles