India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I don’t know why we decided to develop an entire aircraft before developing an engine? An aircraft can be developed around an engine but developing an engine for an aircraft is difficult we should focus on 5th Generation engine before developing a FGFA once we develop a world class engine of our own our Foreign policy will be more assertive and we will gain allies and FOREX by doing arms deal with them
Because there are engines available for purchase that's why.

To build an engine from scratch isn't as easy it may sound and take decades . Even Gripen use American engine so FA-50 . We aren't disappointed with Kaveri but the dependence on the project which delayed and brought down the Tejas project.

ninja hattori

Country flag
I really do not know if any sensible journalist should have shot that and another sensible member should have posted that..

Members please...

Sir respectfully,

if u had humbly clicked on link and tried to verify she is a Dainik Bhaskar journalist which has more reader coverage then all of the English media of India clubbed altogether.

So common man knows before even we here at DFI know.

muralidon924

Country flag
:notsure: why use suicidal attacks when they have a shit load of missiles

200 intercontinental ballistic missiles
300 medium-range ballistic missiles
1,150 short-range ballistic missiles
3,000 cruise missiles

All of their population centers are 1000 km away , most of Tibet is barren . meaning we have to cross Tibet - pass through their anti missile defences to reach their cities .

Meanwhile they can position their missile right at the LOC .

:hmm: In the future we could build up over 1000 hypersonic missiles that can evade their defences for parity.
Placing missiles in arunachal pradesh places like chengdu and lhasa are easy targets. Chengdu has one of their biggest aerospace industry

abhay rajput

Country flag

3,000 cruise missiles

All of their population centers are 1000 km away , most of Tibet is barren . meaning we have to cross Tibet - pass through their anti missile defences to reach their cities .

:hmm: In the future we could build up over 1000 hypersonic missiles that can evade their defences for parity.
Ballistic missiles or cruise missiles can only create fear. You can't win war with these.
They have 1000+ missiles for tactical purposes with different ranges. And 3000 cruise missiles means you are counting there naval missiles too. They don't have 3000 cruise missiles. In cruise missiles we have close to 300 missiles in TEL and now count there reloads too . So we ourselves have more than 600 Brahmos with assumption of 1 reload each. We also have close to 100-100 Prithvi 2 and Prithvi 3 missiles. But I believe that we have lots of Prithvi missile too just remember that the cost of even Agni 5 is only 50 crore . We also have 50-100 Shaurya missiles. Also our entire tactical ballistic missile range from - 300- 600 in numbers only downside is that Prithvi missile have only 350km range but they also have maneuverable trajectory . Now effectiveness of these weapons - Germany fired thousands of ballistic missile on London . Accuracy is greatly improve now but even then these aren't going to cause major damage. The real damage will come from cruise missiles even American Syrian strike in 2017 caused damage , 10-20 aircraft was supposed to be destroyed with 57 cruise missile but that base wasnt secure like iaf ones. And I hardly doubt that Chinese Cruise missiles will be that much accurate. Rest assured we aren't the only country that faces 2 front war Chinese faces many fronts.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Actually Russia asked for more than 3 times the previous cost. That is when the aircraft have high maintenance issues which they claim to be sorted.

Meanwhile both Pegasus and Airbus are better option.

Pegasus has cost advantage and economical but Airbus 330 is bigger advanced and better suited for AWACS need too as well tanker. The cost is on the higher side though.

My pick is airbus from tanker to Awacs and transport.
2 radar from Israel cost 800 Million dollars and 1.2 billion dollars for 2 aircrafts from Russia but these aircraft are to be come with new engines and glass cockpit. Airbus is sure better option in serviceability and availability but it will be expensive too. I want IAF to go for 10 a330 with refueling/awacs role but thats not gonna happen so no point discussing it. New AWACS will come only by 2025-26 if contract is signed in the next 1 or 2 years.

AmitG

Country flag
I wonder if Israel or US will lend us a few AWACS. It’s going to be crucial. Our lack of no’s as far as AWACS go are a big impediment.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I wonder if Israel or US will lend us a few AWACS. It’s going to be crucial. Our lack of no’s as far as AWACS go are a big impediment.
Nope.... these things don't happen without a treaty.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
2 radar from Israel cost 800 Million dollars and 1.2 billion dollars for 2 aircrafts from Russia but these aircraft are to be come with new engines and glass cockpit. Airbus is sure better option in serviceability and availability but it will be expensive too. I want IAF to go for 10 a330 with refueling/awacs role but thats not gonna happen so no point discussing it. New AWACS will come only by 2025-26 if contract is signed in the next 1 or 2 years.
You meant 1.2 bn with Aircraft ?

That is around 200 mn a piece . Pegasus will cost much lower than that while A 330 will be over 250 -260 mn then integration cost I guess.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
non hindi users sorry,

People watch this … vernacular media is reporting top notch ,

real ground reporting,

Soldiers name. Army unit. last location of the unit. possible present location..War heroes colony Lah... waht the heck...
What the hell IB and MI doing... ??
Why should a journalist be collecting this information and putting it in media..

abhay rajput

Country flag
You meant 1.2 bn with Aircraft ?

That is around 200 mn a piece . Pegasus will cost much lower than that while A 330 will be over 250 -260 mn then integration cost I guess.
No I meant total deal 2 billion dollars with radars mounted on Ilyushin aircraft. Airbus a330 will definitely cost more than Ilyushin aircraft. They aren't exactly civilian aircraft , so your cost assumption is wrong. They need lots of other high end critical equipment to supply power to the radar and many other things.

ninja hattori

Country flag
Soldiers name. Army unit. last location of the unit. possible present location..War heroes colony Lah... waht the heck...
What the hell IB and MI doing... ??
Why should a journalist be collecting this information and putting it in media..
as if the photographs of PMs speech wont tell anything?

Neil

Country flag

3,000 cruise missiles

Indian strategic planners need to give precedence to militarize North East. India doesn't need to be defensive and hit a barren Tibet (mostly attacking chinese military infrastructure) while they can hit our population centres.

North East provides direct access to Chinese Industrial and population centres, all within 2000-3000 range. Unless we can threaten their development and develop abilities to burn down their cities, they will keep pushing us. Chinese planners know this, hence the constant attempt to destabilize NE.

But with Doval sir at the helm, NE insurgency at the lowest and formation of mountain strike corps almost ready, its time India takes on Chinese where it hurts them.

Kumata

Country flag
No I meant total deal 2 billion dollars with radars mounted on Ilyushin aircraft. Airbus a330 will definitely cost more than Ilyushin aircraft. They aren't exactly civilian aircraft , so your cost assumption is wrong. They need lots of other high end critical equipment to supply power to the radar and many other things.
Below are list prices of A330, considering that india is a out and out boeing market ( military wise) barring indigo, I am sure airbus would be keen to make a mark here..

Aagin these list prices get heavily discounted depending on the deal size....i have heard of operators getting heavy discounts

1593957820418.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles