India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arihant

Question to anyone with knowledge on the subject:
Brahmos. How accurate is this platform? Real talk, no jingoistic optimism.

Can this be used for taking out S400 radar systems across the border. I know this is a costly platform and will be used only for precision strikes, but how will this platform perform in mountainous terrain. Does it have a dive down capability?

See the accuracy when It hits triangular iron sheet or something.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag

See the accuracy when It hits triangular iron sheet or something.
I’ve seen this video. It’s part of a test. In real world deployment, there are various other factors.

Hence asking someone with access to operation knowledge on this platform.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag

Arihant

I’ve seen this video. It’s part of a test. In real world deployment, there are various other factors.

Hence asking someone with access to operation knowledge on this platform.
Ok. Last time in July missile was tested for steep dive. Publicly that much info is available. For s400 part Brahmos is itself a unique missile. Many cruise missiles which are shown as supersonic always uses theirs maximum speed at the end not all the time but Brahmos after firing within few seconds gains the full speed and throughout all path maintain that speed. It means even without warhead missile will kill the target with its kinetic energy. It is very very difficult to intercept this kind of missile and salvo of this missile will guarantee that any defence against it will be destroyed.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Ok. Last time in July missile was tested for steep dive. Publicly that much info is available. For s400 part Brahmos is itself a unique missile. Many cruise missiles which are shown as supersonic always uses theirs maximum speed at the end not all the time but Brahmos after firing within few seconds gains the full speed and throughout all path maintain that speed. It means even without warhead missile will kill the target with its kinetic energy. It is very very difficult to intercept this kind of missile and salvo of this missile will guarantee that any defence against it will be destroyed.
Yes. kinetically it’s very strong. Almost 32 times more stronger than a tomahawk if what I’ve read is true.
Also it’s an expensive platform. What I understand is India will only use this for precision strikes of high value targets. S400 does seems to be a HVT.
What interested me more was I keep reading that this platform has a terminal altitude of 10 meters. That’s almost nap of the the earth or terrain hugging making it exponentially difficult to intercept.
Which is why I was trying to gauge its nose down steep dive terminal capability.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Yes. kinetically it’s very strong. Almost 32 times more stronger than a tomahawk if what I’ve read is true.
Also it’s an expensive platform. What I understand is India will only use this for precision strikes of high value targets. S400 does seems to be a HVT.
What interested me more was I keep reading that this platform has a terminal altitude of 10 meters. That’s almost nap of the the earth or terrain hugging making it exponentially difficult to intercept.
Which is why I was trying to gauge its nose down steep dive terminal capability.
Brahmos can sea skim at as low as 3-4 meters and can terrain hug as low as 5 meters

Arihant

In Lo-lo trajectory its official range was around 120 km and hi-hi range was 290 km. After joining Mtcr its official range is 450 km in hi-hi and 180 km in lo-lo trajectory. Here terrain matters more as it is mountain region. Flying low is nearly impossible, it is negative point but for Radars too it will be difficult to find it in this region. Both have negative and positive points. Brahmos can steep dive and definitely it will be used to destroy the S400 and secure area for our air and land forces actions. After destroying those targets we can use shaurya to destroy supply lines and inner bases.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
In Lo-lo trajectory its official range was around 120 km and hi-hi range was 290 km. After joining Mtcr its official range is 450 km in hi-hi and 180 km in lo-lo trajectory. Here terrain matters more as it is mountain region. Flying low is nearly impossible, it is negative point but for Radars too it will be difficult to find it in this region. Both have negative and positive points. Brahmos can steep dive and definitely it will be used to destroy the S400 and secure area for our air and land forces actions. After destroying those targets we can use shaurya to destroy supply lines and inner bases.
If I’m not wrong, Shaurya is hypersonic. It’s faster than brahmos. I don’t hunk that would be used for targetting supply lines. Ideally, you would want to use that for targetting S400s

Also, is the shaurya under production? I thought it was an experimental/test platform.

Last edited:

johnq

Brahmos lower range is at sea level because the air is denser at sea level, hence more drag. Because Ladakh is at a much higher altitude both the range and the speed of the missile will be much greater than at sea level, even in terrain-following mode. This, combined with the himalayan terrain which can be used to mask its approach from radar means that it's a nightmare for S-400 or any other SAM system.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
See these 11 fake European towns and landmarks all made in China:
1. Hallstatt in Guangdong

Hallstatt, China is a project about copied architecture by artists Sebastian Acker & Phil Thompson. The fake version of the UNESCO World Heritage Site is complete with an artificial lake, imported doves and of course, the houses which were the same as the ones in the Alpine Village that it made the real Hallstatt locals surprised and upset.

2. Paris in Tianducheng

The City of Lights shines bright for China’s eyes that they even had the city itself complete with the recognizable apartment buildings and the Parisian trademark, the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately, this luxury real estate development is now a ghost town due to its inconvenient location surrounded by farmlands.

3. Holland Village in Pudong

The windmill near a river says it all – you’re somewhere in the Netherlands. A quiet town near the busy downtown Shanghai, the Holland Village is another housing project part of the “1 City – 9 Towns” initiative the Shanghai Planning Commission set up in 2001. It wasn’t quite successful because its location is too far from the city.

4. Sweden Town in Luodian

Even the Scandinavian country of Sweden is part of the discontinued “1 City – 9 Towns” project. It had resembled Sigtuna, Sweden and it even had a near-replica of the Lake Malaren, but it was left without the expected number of inhabitants.

5. Thames Town

Tudor buildings, cobbled streets, red telephone boxes, a bronze statue of Winston Churchill and even the Queen’s guards got copied in this little English Town (yet another ghost town) near central Shanghai. It was also part of the “1 City – 9 Towns” project.

6. Anting German Town

Here’s another copycat town from the “1 City – 9 Towns” in Shanghai. The Anting German Town, designed by Albert Speer, looks complete with its colorful three to five-story high buildings, green space, canals, and restaurants. But just like the other ghost towns, the Chinese weren’t interested in permanently living in here.

Bronze statues of Goethe and Schiller stand together in the middle of the cobblestone square as they remain unknown for the locals.

7. Breeza Citta di Pujiang

And another “1 City – 9 Towns” ghost town, the Italian town or Breeza Citta di Pujiang in Shanghai doesn’t seem to show it’s a replica of someplace in Italy, unlike the other European town rip-offs.

8. Florence in Tianjin

Not a town but a shopping mall, Tianjin Florence Town covers an area of 200,000 square meters and houses some of the world’s famous brands.

9. London’s Tower Bridge in Suzhou

The fake bridge in the province of Jiangsu has a cafe on top that serves “English-style coffee” and has twice as many towers compared to the original. What it lacks though is the raising mechanism that will allow boats to pass underneath.

See Also
[/COLOR]

10. Château de Maisons-Laffitte in Beijing

This hotel in Beijing, Zhang Laffitte, misses no detail after using the original blueprints and 10,000 photos of the building as a guide. The hotel also has a spa and a wine museum inside.

11. Pont Alexandre III in Tianjin (Beian Bridge)

This replica of the Parisian arch bridge was built in 1973. It has four statues that represent wishes for peace and harmony: the Blue Dragon, the White Tiger, the Rosefinch and the Black tortoise.

Bonus: Some of the smaller rip-offs are located in Shenzhen’s Window of the World Theme Park

• The Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and Louvre

• St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican

• St. Mark’s Square, Venice

Imitation is somehow connected to lack of creativity. But for the Chinese, the ability to copy and making an exact copy is something they are proud of because for them, it shows they’ve reached what the west has achieved.
Typical Chini habit of COPY-PASTE but making these duplicates on such large scale is questionable.

It might be a ploy by CCP to make sure that people don't go to other countries and get shocking news of how evil is CCP and how people in other countries enjoy FREEODOM and DEMOCRACY! So anyone who wanna see foreign places etc can just roam inside China and CCP earns as well by domestic tourism. CCP wants to make China a world within.

The EB-5 visa programme allows for overseas investors to put US$500,000 in projects that create at least 10 jobs (in areas of high unemployment), or a million dollars in other areas, and in return apply for permanent residency in the U.S. Jared Kushner, prior to his White House role, raised US$50 million from Chinese EB-5 investors for a Trump-branded apartment complex in Jersey City, New Jersey.

come on baby, lori q suna rahe ho
Han Chinese ego has been hit hard after Galwan thrashing and ~50 PLA soldiers dead and now they wanna play peace songs.

Seems like Gobar Times toddler editor didn't read about Maharana Pratap, Hemu, Chandrugupt Maurya, Chola, Shivaji, Bhagat Singh, Netaji Bose, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Hari Singh Nalwa, Guru Gobind Singh......

So "Hindu" not allowed. It means Muslim, Boddh, Sikhs, Jain, Parsi, Christian allowed? :troll:

It shows how less these Han Chinese know India. btw he likes Bollywood so much so he should not mind when we make Galwan movie where ~50 PLA soldiers die and some super sentimental scenes of families of dead PLA soldiers who cry a Galwan river for getting remains. They get angry as CCP didn't acknowledge PLA dead and do a secret burial somewhere in Tibet. :lol:

btw Anupam Kher can play the Dad of a dead PLA soldier and asks for remains to CCP. I think we all remember the impressive role he played in Saaransh where he kept looking to get remains of his dead son. Check below...

Bollywood filmmakers don't know how to make a war movie, they will insert a love story and two dance numbers including item dance
There might be 20 love stories, all soldiers would be from different states.... and the movie would run for 9 hours, a whole office shift.

The real war movies mean Enemy behind the lines, Saving Private Ryan etc. These films keeps you glued for 1.5 hours on your sofa/bed and make you feel some war gravity. Bollywood would never make films like that! :dude:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
A little longer but Majedar.... key word- Bharat Ka Sarmayedar Cheen Ke Saath Khara Hai.... balle balle...

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag
List of 5th generation fighter jet programs (other than US, Russia and China)

Mitsubishi X-2 (Japan)

View attachment 52015

HAL AMCA (India)

View attachment 52016

KAI KF-X (South Korea)

View attachment 52017

TAI TF-X (Turkey)

View attachment 52018

IAIO Qaher-313 (Iran)

View attachment 52019

Flygsystem 2020 (Sweden)

View attachment 52020
Iran 5th gen is a joke

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Ladhak is more like Afghan mountains but colder than Afghanistan. Here tanks and helicopters are vulnerable to man pads and anti tank crews. The terrain is more suited for guerilla warfare. If war happens it will not end sooner but continues to rage till nuclear or missiles with bigger yield are used.

At any point of time the mountain troops can encircle the incoming formations and threaten to cutoff the supply lines like Indian army did in Sunderong chu and Galwan Valley.

PLA is in day dreams to choose Ladhak, India to give a message to World.

Very correct. This is the reason why I have repeatedly said that those who have this terrain specific weapon and training will win.We can cut off Chinese supply lines and finish them off. Had our pralay missile and ALH been ready, our position would have been much better. I have even said that RPGs like what Taliban and Hizbullah used to use extensively may be much more useful.

The planes which can fly low to hide detection will win. Ex caliber like round, M777 like light weight gun hold the key of offensive power. MBRL can be useful but we have to see where the target is located. If target is just other side of target, we will have to use Brahmos Block III. Those who are able to maintain supply will win. Logistics hold the key.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Su 30 MKI can act as a bomb truck in air to ground configuration.
India needs more pinaka and tube artillery.
CAS not a good idea. I think India must be buying what it needs already.

More anti tank missiles and shoulder launched anti aircraft missiles will be needed.

India will also need a lot of anti aircraft guns to shoot drones and small helicopters.

The mountains are army area primarily.

The tactics has to take into account what weapons enemy has.

Blindly using air power will result in high losses. We already have bottlenecks in aircraft procurement.

India can use a lot of suicide drones. This area should be focus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles