Not open for further replies.

ninja hattori

Country flag
what could be that big and unique ??

kali 10k or ++ ?

also the detour to spain of rajnath is something to do with it,

some members posted about it couple of days ago

that is for the fellow dfians to conclude,

I m a novice in terms of weapons and here to learn from everyone her̥̄e posting.

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
Yes Armor is solid, but can you fire rounds at tracks to make it immobile, or fire at some position of tanks and scoot fast?
For that you need To out Maneuver tank and Hit it at close range at 500m For that you need numbers Which PLAGF Lacks
Mostly tanks are Trained move forward in Frontal Armour positions To protect Rear of tanks which are vulnerable or have less Armour Consideration on Every MBT's

And Logic Applies Vice versa Scenarios I don't think Any Wheel Chasis Will survive modern KE round

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
No money for subs but there is money for a 3rd carrier .

China has over 50 attack subs . In case of war with china our carriers will be staying at home at the harbour .
Defense is too much ignored. We see defense budget falling every year as a percentage of GDP. Let us hope that Modi saheb learn some lessons and won't ignore it any more.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For that you need To out Maneuver tank and Hit it at close range at 500m For that you need numbers Which PLAGF Lacks
Mostly tanks are Trained move forward in Frontal Armour positions To protect Rear of tanks which are vulnerable or have less Armour Consideration on Every MBT's

And Logic Applies Vice versa Scenarios I don't think Any Wheel Chasis Will survive modern KE round
I mean, type 15 wasn't even designed for anti tank, I think I've made it clear enough in former posts... Go check what a tank is on whatever search engine... Tanks are never specified for anti-tank missions since its birth 103 years ago.
15's anti tank capabilities are only for emergency cases, or cases that they have full confidence that 15's enough to strike enemies off, or simply to save some money on ATGMs or GP/GRs... Rather, if a 15 really encounters a T-90, it's gonna be due to the negligence of either the commanders or the reconnaissance... Why the chinis will bother to wasting the lives of three trained tankmen and one tank that can provide potent assault
But all that is not to say the type 15 is bad at tackling tanks, the 105IV is even as formidable as the 125III, but tanks do more than just fighting off tanks, and there are much more efficient methods that can wipe out tanks like crazy's, I guess some guys still don't get the point of systematic battle... Hope this is enough for understanding.

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
I mean, type 15 wasn't even designed for anti tank, I think I've made it clear enough in former posts... Go check what a tank is on whatever search engine... Tanks are never specified for anti-tank missions since its birth 103 years ago.
15's anti tank capabilities are only for emergency cases, or cases that we have full confidence that 15's enough to strike enemies off, or simply to save some money on ATGMs or GP/GRs... Rather, if a 15 really encounters a T-90, it's gonna be due to the negligence of either the commanders or the reconnaissance... Why bother wasting the lives of three trained tankmen and one tank that can provide potent assault
But all that is not to say the type 15 is bad at tackling tanks, the 105IV is even as formidable as the 125III, but tanks do more than just fighting off tanks, and there are much more efficient methods that can wipe out tanks like crazy's, I guess some guys still don't get the point of systematic battle... Hope this is enough for understanding.
Taking Tanks or AFV's At mountain terrain Is Foolish idea to begin With

Mountain cover Gives Perfect Camouflage To Aim at the moving Tanks From miles away

that Narrow valleys

I Mean We Have 60,000 ATGM's for arsenals to Just To that

Job can be Done by 2nd Gen ATGM's like Milan 2T's & Konkurs-M

Without Using Kornet-E or Spike ATGM

Last edited:

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Taking Tanks or AFV's At mountain terrain Is Foolish idea to begin With

Mountain cover Gives Perfect Camouflage To Aim The moving Tanks From miles away

that Narrow valleys

I Mean We Have 60,000 ATGM's for arsenals to Just To that

Job can be Done by 2nd Gen ATGM's like Milan 2T's & Konkurs-M

Without Using Kornet-E or Spike ATGM
That was I was saying a tank battle would be the end story for the type 15 and the chinis are not going to deploy them against our t 90's

doreamon

Country flag
Many studies saying india ll almost near chinese gdp by 2050 unless a economic crisis of long term , bad policy decisions, large scale social unrest follows ... I dnt see a healthy relationship between two economic powers who shares border and does nt have same kind of govt system . Both ll be at each others throat like soviet and usa . India's leaders think for 5yrs . But china run by single agency has a vision of future ... Their think tanks must have predicted it .. And it ll do everything to counter it before that happens .. what we are looking right now is product of that anxiety ..

indiatester

Country flag
and that proves his sudden visit.

was really scratching my head that y rajnath visit was cut off ,

and modi is not a person who although at this time will just go for speech and photo op,

thumb rule for modi is always,

what he shows is not actually whats happening.
I don't buy that. War is a very very serious thing. There are no "silver bullet" that tilt scales.
Lets understand that we have taken a stand and that is bold in itself.

I hope China comes to its senses and deescalates like a responsible nation.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry if I hurt some one by posting the above comment about the tank's I was just typing what my sister's was telling and she is not a expert on the tank battle's but according to her if the chinis try to engage in Ladakh's the kill ratio's would be 10 - 2 their 10 tanks compared to ours 2 tank's mostly T 72s even with it's ERA's armour's Type 15 will have caustilitiea from 7 kill to manpads and atgm's and a 2 kills to by the
T 72's and T 90's well that could be a possible scaenario's and most important work's would be done by the Spriggean missile's I honestly dont knew why is she instigating on the Spriggean's Missile's

assassin162

Country flag
Indian political establishment looks united in it's view that this confrontation is a watershed event in India China relations. This is ex Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao.
She was the incompetent foreign affairs sectretary shunted out by the current establishment. No need to follow her tweets to understand the mind of the current establishment.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Chinese war on India is over because two American Aircraft Carrier Groups are steaming towards South China Sea. That will take away all that aggression which China is showing towards India and other smaller states in the vicinity. That force, China cannot match. Also any challenge China mounts towards the American Navy muscle will be suicidal for them. It is all over for China so quickly.

If Pakistan is dreaming up of linking up with Chinese forces in Ladakh, to snatch Kashmir away, their dream is also shattered. ...... that is the value of American power anywhere no matter how much leftist dislike America.

It is the American power which built China as a counter to Soviets in seventies and eighties, that dream is also over. It took long time for America to realize that they are feeding a snake, it is all over now.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Type 15s aren't designed to take on T-90s because the T-90s are MBTs while ZTQ-15s are light tanks for mountain regions and swamps On the other hand, the issue is more how to conduct reconnaissance? Conventional MBTs can do recon-by-force because they're well-armored and well-protected so that if they get ambushed, the tanks are unlikely to get routed. Drone reconnaissance is good, since drones are cheap and disposable, but copter reconnaissance by Z-19s and Z-10s are going to end up meeting MANPADS and getting slaughtered. Type-15s, on the other hand, are more limited to being infantry support tanks because of their inability to knock out a T-90 in a fair fight

Moreover, if the chinis want to do deep penetration into Indian lines, the only tank that can actually get there would be the ZTQ-15, and when you set them up as requiring Z-10 and Z-19 support to take out T-90s, both the ZTQ-15 and helicopters are vulnerable in the assault role
I'm not bashing the ZTQ-15 as a bad tank, for what it provides extreme high-altitude mobility, excellent infantry support functions
Ladhak is more like Afghan mountains but colder than Afghanistan. Here tanks and helicopters are vulnerable to man pads and anti tank crews. The terrain is more suited for guerilla warfare. If war happens it will not end sooner but continues to rage till nuclear or missiles with bigger yield are used.

At any point of time the mountain troops can encircle the incoming formations and threaten to cutoff the supply lines like Indian army did in Sunderong chu and Galwan Valley.

PLA is in day dreams to choose Ladhak, India to give a message to World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles