India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladder

Country flag
We have seem to agreed to a lot of riders that is quite inconvenient and the Chinese seem to consider subject to flexible interpretation when they need it.

Currently not being able to enforce can be as permanent as Aksai. And claiming it is without enforcing is but a bit of sophistry, like how we claim Aksai. We have a democratic govt, anytime this claim can become "negotiable". So, either enforce and control or consider it taken because claims aren't doing much good.
First paragraph, yes to a large extent. But it is for both sides isn't it? Interpretation is one thing but enforcing is other. They too can't force their way to Shyok Galwan confluence or to F2 at Panggong Tso.

China also claims Arunachal without holding. Issues a lame statement when any dignitary visits Arunachal.

Neither in 1962 or prior, we didn't have absolute control over Aksai. Did we? We sent patrols but did we held ground.
See the opposite troop position in 1959.
Our claim over Aksai is both historical and for the fact that we are successor state and have inherited those boundaries.

In 1962 Chinese didn't push us back by 40000 Km2, check the map again.
They already had gained more than 80% of that land by 1959 without fighting.

So, let this play out, look at the larger picture, we have shed the accommodating principle.
Some loss or gain can take place due to squeeze of the overlapping area. Due to geography and early mover advantage.

And that will not affect our claim because, for final aggrement the understanding is both parties will not prejudice claims.

here2where

LAC has been peaceful for 45 years. Nice sales job. But what was the cost? How many sq kms were quietly surrendered to China during these 45 years?

Gosthana (Aksai Chin)
Gilgit Baltistan
At least 600 sq km between 2004 and 2014
At least 60 sq km since May.

Fiery Nehru, Iron Lady Indira, Brave Vajpayee, and 56 Inch Modi.... who next?

We have a trade deficit of 50+ billion with China. With that payment, chinese, rightly, works (or reverse engineers, however you call it) on its indegineous weapons programs and donates to Pakistan who use it give us our 1000 cuts of the year. We are basically funding our own pain. Whereas our babus and 'patriotic' defence officers salivate on the prospect of imports with all the associated 'perks and benefits'. Less said the better about the sarkari 'great' defence establishments where no one with a half a brain would want to work.

Its pathetic that at the first serious threat raised by a big country, our DM jumps on a plane and goes shopping and war mongerers crawl ebay/craigslist for used weapons, even condemned ones. And we ban stupid apps used by stupid people. Do we have the balls to shutdown Huawei offices? Btw, i won't be surprised if our national flag was 'made in china'.

1962 humiliation wasn't enough, i guess. We cannot defend our own borders and we want a permanent seat at UN!

This is a kumbakarna country folks - happy with statu quo and constantly fighting among ourselves - naarthies against madrasis, upper vs lower castes, rich vs poor, sub-castes vs sub-castes, list goes on.

The Indian Hawk

Country flag
LAC standoff: India, China hold talks at Chushul amid tensions

Senior Indian and Chinese commanders on Tuesday held a long meeting at Chushul in Ladakh as part of ongoing efforts at the military level to cool heightened border tensions that have soured bilateral ties between the two neighbours, even as the military build-up on both sides of the contested Line of Actual Control (LAC) continues unabated, people familiar with developments said on Tuesday.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
It looks like both China and Pakistan are supporting rebel groups against Myanmar

Confirmed.

Are chicom masses so brain-dead that they can't see for themselves that when every single bordering country has a problem with beijing, something must be wrong there?

LAC standoff: India, China hold talks at Chushul amid tensions

Senior Indian and Chinese commanders on Tuesday held a long meeting at Chushul in Ladakh as part of ongoing efforts at the military level to cool heightened border tensions that have soured bilateral ties between the two neighbours, even as the military build-up on both sides of the contested Line of Actual Control (LAC) continues unabated, people familiar with developments said on Tuesday.
That chinook is returning to base after a strategic heavy lift of chai and samosas to Chushul.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They are testing their J 10 C with a new 3D TVC's
The cartoon was made by some one probaly in hong kong

50054766726_23413d0dfc_h.jpg

Knowitall

Why do I have this feeling and I might be completely wrong but from the statement of MEA ans the NSAB general it seems like we are trying almost too hard for de-escalation.

I mean generally like in the case of pakistan when ever we suffered casualties we mostly cut our talks with them didn't give them any bhav and kept quiet.

And now for some reason we are having 12 hour marathon talks with 0 I repeat 0 success but we still are for some reason talking to them after they decided to shit on us.

I am slowly getting the feeling that @WARREN SS might be right.

mokoman

Country flag

This almost looks like a joke , Has gyrocopters been used in wars before ?

:hmm: I am guessing they are cheaper than helis and could take some of their purpose. Imagine 100 of these with anti tank rockets, gliding down at night , no sound . they can do some damage .

At the very least it could be effective in shooting protesters.

gallery-1452545881-c3ad7301d43f.jpg

Last edited:

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Warning, negative opinions, proceed carefully if you are feeling overly patriotic today.
For me personally, I take this ceding territory fiasco to Chinese in a very grave manner. I could have understood if we lost to China, but we gave up without a fight.

Although I understand due to the current crisis situation of COVID & world disorder, this might not be an optimal time for an attack on Chinese, so I will observe till 2022 BJPs rule. Let the crisis get over and Babus get their balls back from quarantine storage. But after that, I will make sure BJP loses every vote from my friends and family, and whoever I can convince.

I blame both govt. and army for this. Yeah, I know armed forces on this forum are beyond criticizing, but everyone in defence echelons knows how armed forces higher-ups suck up to political parties for promotion & amenities.
Army won't even allow ground soldiers to swing a stick at Chinese until an order comes from higher-ups.
But when such orders are bypassed by local commanders, we see the speed we can break the necks of batmunchers.

Overall China called India's bluff of a two-front war, and now Pakistan (as well as Nepal) knows at the moment when shit gets real, baniya drops its dhoti.

For those people who say we won/lost nothing -
  • China captured PP14 bank even after we broke their necks. Its the ground reality.

• Although a disputed territory between F8-F4, we patrolled till F5-F6. Now Chinese has effectively blocked us from F4 and set up bunkers over the F3-F4 ridge. Don't think we can now reach F4 anymore without clashing with Chinese.
    • Those who are failing to understand, and keep repeating "Chinese road was already there, we never patrolled till F5 etc etc" - Let's say you & your neighbour claim a piece of land. A court case is going on upon whose land actually it is. One day, your neighbour hires gundas and they stop you from entering the premises, while your neighbour starts building on it.

Did you lost nothing as it was a "disputed land"? No, you lost the land to the other party.
  • India lost its respect in front of Army & its citizens. Who eagerly hoped govt. will defend their land.

• Armed forces lost its credibility, now all hollow talk of two-front war, capturing PoK, defeating Pakistan, our military superiority is out on debate table.
Who is he ?

Voting out existing govt is an option only if there is a better RW govt. If not it will lead to disaster (think about it, congies, commies, didis, dmks etc...running this nation !!, dogs snatching for biscuits at the top, and country will be sold to outside dogs, like what they were planning to with siachen..).
The only option is to build up public pressure on this govt to act !
Talks upon endless talks with the terrorists of that ahole chink nation....when will these MEA babus realise that
chinks only talk to buy time and capture more territory. Why is the military not recommending the govt to take action immediately ? Or is it that the military's recommendation is to wait till the build up is complete and then launch a limited offensive ? As I told before , perhaps the govt fears that chinks will stop selling us the raw materials for manufacturing of medicines, and without these the fight against the china virus will be lost ?
Fog of war is upon us. No one knows what is happening, govt does not communicate. I only hope that what @Hellfire claimed does not become true....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles