India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Think about it. As a Nepali soldier, would you rather be seen as someone who supported the cause of a foreign power and opposed your leader and chain of command? No matter the outcome, that's how it'll be seen post-whatever happens.
What you are saying is exactly correct. I don't argue with that. But that situation and circumstances will be applicable to a foreign country such as Bangladesh. But not in the case of Nepal or Bhutan. They are inseparable from India. And its known to their citizen, Govt, everybody.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What you are saying is exactly correct. I don't argue with that. But that situation and circumstances will be applicable to a foreign country such as Bangladesh. But not in the case of Nepal or Bhutan. They are inseparable from India. And its known to their citizen, Govt, everybody.
not everybody, I have been observing anti-India commentary from Nepali SM handles for years. some even looked like UK based.

but yes, they could be Nepali commie party members handles too, which is essentially almost every major political party in Nepal.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
I am just thinking that the policeman who shot Indians must now be shitting in his pants. Oli is definitely going , use baad uski toh lagni hai
Sir, India is something that nobody cares about but everybody fears. Apparently the fear part is long forgotten due to the inabilities of the Congressi liberals. But everybody is coming to their senses now.

Its more like "बहुत ख़राब होता है जब शरीफ अपनी शराफत छोड़ता है" :truestory:

You get a Brahmos :brahmos:up your as* with love though.:troll:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Warning, negative opinions, proceed carefully if you are feeling overly patriotic today.
For me personally, I take this ceding territory fiasco to Chinese in a very grave manner. I could have understood if we lost to China, but we gave up without a fight.

Although I understand due to the current crisis situation of COVID & world disorder, this might not be an optimal time for an attack on Chinese, so I will observe till 2022 BJPs rule. Let the crisis get over and Babus get their balls back from quarantine storage. But after that, I will make sure BJP loses every vote from my friends and family, and whoever I can convince.

I blame both govt. and army for this. Yeah, I know armed forces on this forum are beyond criticizing, but everyone in defence echelons knows how armed forces higher-ups suck up to political parties for promotion & amenities.
Army won't even allow ground soldiers to swing a stick at Chinese until an order comes from higher-ups.
But when such orders are bypassed by local commanders, we see the speed we can break the necks of batmunchers.

Overall China called India's bluff of a two-front war, and now Pakistan (as well as Nepal) knows at the moment when shit gets real, baniya drops its dhoti.

For those people who say we won/lost nothing -
  • China captured PP14 bank even after we broke their necks. Its the ground reality.

• Although a disputed territory between F8-F4, we patrolled till F5-F6. Now Chinese has effectively blocked us from F4 and set up bunkers over the F3-F4 ridge. Don't think we can now reach F4 anymore without clashing with Chinese.
    • Those who are failing to understand, and keep repeating "Chinese road was already there, we never patrolled till F5 etc etc" - Let's say you & your neighbour claim a piece of land. A court case is going on upon whose land actually it is. One day, your neighbour hires gundas and they stop you from entering the premises, while your neighbour starts building on it.

Did you lost nothing as it was a "disputed land"? No, you lost the land to the other party.
  • India lost its respect in front of Army & its citizens. Who eagerly hoped govt. will defend their land.

• Armed forces lost its credibility, now all hollow talk of two-front war, capturing PoK, defeating Pakistan, our military superiority is out on debate table.

ninja hattori

Country flag
Let Indian Govt. defend Indian territory first. They have been elected to do that.

Taiwan can wait.

My bad for using 'ALL' but Govt. has hit those who make 'most' revenue and are 'most' popular.
I know you will bring in Pubg but that will have to wait.

China had a free run with India so far while enjoying a massive trade surplus. Most Indian brands have 'factories' in China. Those products/items which they could not manufacture or had little presence but still wanted to be in the game would simply buy a Chinese product and stamp it as TTK or Prestige.
That was the story so far.

It is slowly changing. Hope it stays that way. We are a developing country and cannot give China a wild card entry without reciprocal treatment by China.

India had blocked Chinese PI from Indian markets.

If you have a 1 billion in cash and nowhere to invest, tell me what will it be worth 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years from now?

Chinese capital will have to work a little harder now.

India has showed the path. Let's see if the rest follow.

Actually, it was Trump who set out first to take on China.
Why was TikTok banned in India but PUBG was not

Even as the sudden ban left TikTok's Indian fans high and dry, there was palpable relief among the users of PUBG — the highly-addictive, world-famous game that has held millions in India in thrall since its inception.
This relief, however, is not wholly unmixed as there remains the prospect of the ban being expanded to cover more apps in a possible next round. A lot of questions are being raised in various online forums as to why PUBG escaped the govt's wrath while TikTok could not. Here we try to find out the possible reasons.
No overwhelming China footprint

Most people may not know it, but PUBG was not made in China.
The online battle royale game was developed by an arm of South Korean video game maker Bluehole — the now famous PUBG Corp. It was only after the game swept the world off its feet that Chinese giant Tencent Holdings came into the picture as its distributor.

After the product conquered the Chinese market in no time, Tencent brought it to India. And the rest is history.
But despite an undeniable Chinese footprint in PUBG's marketing, the product still retains its mixed-owner character. According to some insiders, its Korean origin is what may have saved PUBG in Round 1 of Modi govt's China purge.
It could mean that China making investments in, or manufacturing, a product is probably not being regarded as a basis for banning by India.
Will Round 2 be different? There is no certainty yet. For now, life goes on as usual for PUBG's India legion.
No imminent danger?
"Red flags from the intel" was the logic the govt gave when it announced the decision.

The ban was put in place under Section 69A of the IT Act read with relevant provisions of the IT (Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking of Access of Information by Public) Rules 2009.
The reasoning given by the govt was that these 59 apps are "engaged in activities prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order." The order also talked of plaints about data on Indian users being transferred abroad without authorisation.
Insiders believe that PUBG also must have been put through the security scanner by the sleuths, but that it must have passed the test for the time being. Some also say that data theft is the one and only basis for the ban, and that is why the notification was from the IT ministry, and not from the ministry of trade.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Ehhh. I think the North Nepalese on the mountain side have some disagreement with ground realities like that. It's overwhelmingly the Madhesis who are most dependent on India and understand the importance.

It's a bit like Indian context (not exactly so, but still) where a part of polity and people treasure the elusive Strategic Autonomy and don't want to understand the importance of alliances in a backyard such as ours.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not too sure but read somewhere that these are used to monitor military exercises.
I found out after searching and searching that it's a Gyrocopter's called Hunting eagle and it's need to take off and lande like a STVOL aircraft and would be used by special forces and capable of high altitude take off and landing look likes specially made to operate in the Western Theatre Command's, look like it could bes used in tibet by the chini Sf's don knew if it is capable of operating at that altitude and enviroment's

mokoman

Country flag
View attachment 51777

Does any one knows what kind of micro Helicopter's are this ?
:notsure: i thought this was a photoshop .

According to the report, Lieying has a range of 690 kilometers, a ceiling of 5,300 meters, a takeoff weight of 560 kilograms, and can operate in temperatures as low as minus 36 C. Its small dimensions and low-flying ability keep it from being detected easily.

The aircraft can deliver troops deep into hostile locations or conduct stealth reconnaissance missions, the magazine reported, noting that the gyroplane is small and difficult to detect by radar. As it closes in on a target, it can shut down its engine and glide up to the unsuspecting enemy.

HawkisRight

Country flag
Warning, negative opinions, proceed carefully if you are feeling overly patriotic today.
For me personally, I take this ceding territory fiasco to Chinese in a very grave manner. I could have understood if we lost to China, but we gave up without a fight.

Although I understand due to the current crisis situation of COVID & world disorder, this might not be an optimal time for an attack on Chinese, so I will observe till 2022 BJPs rule. Let the crisis get over and Babus get their balls back from quarantine storage. But after that, I will make sure BJP loses every vote from my friends and family, and whoever I can convince.

I blame both govt. and army for this. Yeah, I know armed forces on this forum are beyond criticizing, but everyone in defence echelons knows how armed forces higher-ups suck up to political parties for promotion & amenities.
Army won't even allow ground soldiers to swing a stick at Chinese until an order comes from higher-ups.
But when such orders are bypassed by local commanders, we see the speed we can break the necks of batmunchers.

Overall China called India's bluff of a two-front war, and now Pakistan (as well as Nepal) knows at the moment when shit gets real, baniya drops its dhoti.

• China captured PP14 bank even after we broke their necks. Its the ground reality.

• Although a disputed territory between F8-F4, we patrolled till F5-F6. Now Chinese has effectively blocked us from F4 and set up bunkers over the F3-F4 ridge. Don't think we can now reach F4 anymore without clashing with Chinese.
    • Those who are failing to understand, and keep repeating "Chinese road was already there, we never patrolled till F5 etc etc" - Let's say you & your neighbour claim a piece of land. A court case is going on upon whose land actually it is. One day, your neighbour hires gundas and they stop you from entering the premises, while your neighbour starts building on it.

Did you lost nothing as it was a "disputed land"? No, you lost the land to the other party.
  • India lost its respect in front of Army & its citizens. Who eagerly hoped govt. will defend their land.

• Armed forces lost its credibility, now all hollow talk of two-front war, capturing PoK, defeating Pakistan, our military superiority is out on debate table.
Overstretching
It's a long play
Regarding this standoff..it can go for months to resolve
Regarding Indo china rivalry..it can go for decades
This Decade will determine India's Fate for 21st century
The great game of 21st century is unfolding from last decade.. boundry issues are small plays at larger canvas
So control ur nerves it's a war of ideologies, war of civilizations...a Thucydides trap..it will be played throughout generations
Right now pre april status quo is the target..

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Sometimes you wonder, is the reality so harsh that it gets classified as mental breakdown ?
Some of these people are unpaid (I hope they're paid tbh because it's crazy if they aren't) political commissars for ruling party. We had those during Congress, and we have them now.

They haven't gotten the memo to reset the narrative of how GoI did a brilliant surgical strike on Chinese economy yet and that digital LAC is the new LAC and real LAC was always what it is. It's a weird nascent 1984 thing going on with the LAC affair.

Those are our pink tents

The patrol area was always as it is after 2013.

Nobody entered.

All reports exaggerated.

Pretty soon they'll go full on we were never at war with EastAsia.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag

You got that part right in which you said India lost with respect to army & citizens. But it only applies if things get concluded now and here at this level. :dude: And I seriously doubt it!!:hmm:

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Overstretching
It's a long play
Regarding this standoff..it can go for months to resolve
Regarding Indo china rivalry..it can go for decades
This Decade will determine India's Fate for 21st century
The great game of 21st century is unfolding from last decade.. boundry issues are small plays at larger canvas
So control ur nerves it's a war of ideologies, war of civilizations..will be played throughout generations
Right now pre april status quo is the target..
That's the issue, Bhai.

From what we're seeing GoI has to use military to get April status quo. Otherwise accept Modi-Xi Line.

Talks aren't working. If any de escalation happened from these talks...it's current status quo, not April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles