India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@Bhadra, can you please do me a favor by very briefly state the difference between RR and regular infantry soldier. With the focus on why reorientation is required for soldiers going back to infantry units and not just Arty regiments from RR.

Members like me need a good view about the difference in roles of infantry, RR and border guards.
I will do that for you.
RR Battalions are affiliated to an infantry Regiment. say SIKH LI who feed 60 percent of the strength of the battalion with their Infantry soldiers on tenure basis.
the other 40 per cent of soldiers come from other affiliated arm and services. Say Armoured Corps or Artillery or Engineers or Air Defense and all services.

RR ablation has six companies, is more independent in terms of Services elements, Vehicles, workshop etc. It is therefore. able to establish CT Grid and COBs over a large area.

Infantry soldiers and other Arms and Services soldiers then perform CT/ CI task in combined manner... everyone there is RR soldier.

Command and officers are also from the main regiment. affiliated Arms and Services. All are RR fighters irrespective of their Arms. Such as one Company can have a company Commander who is from ASC.

RR battalion also has support weapons but rarely used.

Infantry Battalion is organised for pure infantry tasks and has four rifle companies. It belongs to a Regiment and all soldiers are fixed class/ regional composition. All Officers belong to the battalion and regiment.

Reorientation training is to cater for skills and operational role. Operational roles vary from area to area and when any soldier is inducted into that area he is required to reorient himself to that operational role - say mountain, jungle, desert or rivers etc. Besides he has to refresh his skills in Mortars, missiles, radar. signal equipment, sensors, UAV or driving.

Border guards Force are organised to carry out peacetime policing duties of the border rather than guarding the border per say. They cater to peacetime threats to the border and are not organised and trained to face the major military threat. During war they are put under command Army who utilise them for suitable military tasks. However in all countries bordering India that is Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar and China border policing forces are always under Army. Blame IPS for that not happening in India.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Where have we captured ? Why is it not visible in OSINT ? There are only vague claims that we intruded, but I don’t think we have established camps like them and launched a buildup after intruding with the intent to occupy like them.
Chinese perception of lac if upto fingure 2. Which we firmly hold and deny patrol to china.

Besides our infra buildup is not stopping and that is the main demand of china . While our demand is that china vacate temporary camp in grey area .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Understanding between who? Chinese dont seem to be bothered by such trifling matters. So why is India thinking it's hands are tied? It hurts to admit that Indians, by nature, are docile, meek, almost cowardly, with an inferior complex, and dont want to "annoy" others, be it Nepal, Maldives, or China, even if it means taking some losses.
If Indians are so docile why did china ticked tail in doklam??

IndianHawk

Country flag
Understanding between who? Chinese dont seem to be bothered by such trifling matters. So why is India thinking it's hands are tied? It hurts to admit that Indians, by nature, are docile, meek, almost cowardly, with an inferior complex, and dont want to "annoy" others, be it Nepal, Maldives, or China, even if it means taking some losses.
Also Maldives govt has changed while you were sleeping.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Bad stereotyping. Same docile, meek, almost coward indians culled 400 Chinese in 1967. Flambait alert.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
If we annoy them, they will feel the pain to their marrows. So, no use reciprocating in the same mannerisms as these insignificant nations. Look at Bangladesh, how the appeaser SH government got triggered by the CAA. Now, their Muslim "secular" state facade will get peeled off like onion skin......the Bengali Hindus misery there will no doubt come to the forefront in the coming years to our mainstream media.

Jailor

Country flag
Where have we captured ? Why is it not visible in OSINT ? There are only vague claims that we intruded, but I don’t think we have established camps like them and launched a buildup after intruding with the intent to occupy like them.
Ask falcon aka hellfire, he tweeted about it.

SRao

Country flag
Why should I ask someone else, when it is you who is the Super Mod and are making wild accusations? I need an explanation from you. Unless, you are going to take the stand that this is your forum, and I should take a hike.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Interesting times ahead.

China has occupied Indian territory, and this is on completely different levels that of Doklam.
I see there is a growing murmur in population for a statement/clarity upon what is happening on the border, fueled especially by trolls from Pakistan and China and happily joined by India's own anti-national elements itself.

Times are critical ahead because -
  • All the tough talk and strong fist of BJP & India will go down the drain if we allow China to cede our territory. I see a massive negative sentiment towards BJP brewing in the same nationalistic people who supported BJP in the first place.

• Since times are crucial and we are yet to see the tough times of COVID-19 in coming months embracing India completely, going to war will be a tough, and maybe even a wrong decision.

• If we just suppress this whole incident and bow down in front of China (which I predict is going to happen :frusty: ), this will be perceived as major weakness & incompatibility of India's military which will not only be credited by China as well as Pakistan in the future, but will also affect our morale massively.
[My Prediction] In the coming months I believe nothing will change at the ground, with both armies digging at eyeball to eyeball positions. Coming winter and snowfall, both armies will slowly pull out troops with forward positions reinforced with all-weather bunkers by Chinese so that they can maintain their presence. India too will do the same albeit at a lesser scale than Chinese.

Slowly things will be forgotten and it will be daily business as usual with China practically have been altered ou LAC without any fight from India.

This episode will be cashed majorly by Congress and other opposition parties with a great amount of success. Govt. will change, Indians will forget, but the World will remember we Indians are a nation of cowards who never had an appetite for fighting.

I realized one brigade will come after me saying no Indian territory has been occupied by Chinese. Providing OSINT satellite imagery, which was already posted via tweets in this thread.

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 10.44.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 10.49.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 10.58.43 PM.png

Last edited:

SRao

Country flag
Also Maldives govt has changed while you were sleeping.
We need to be realistic in this world! There are no "friends" - if Nepal, with all its benefits and "age-old relationship" with India, can shaft us so easily, at the behest of China, then we cannot depend on Maldives, a mostly muslim nation (and that brings in another dimension of anti-India (nee anti-Hindu) feelng amon their population.

As for me sleeping, I think you better not sleep yourself for when you wake up, Maldives will have changed again!

IndianHawk

Country flag
We need to be realistic in this world! There are no "friends" - if Nepal, with all its benefits and "age-old relationship" with India, can shaft us so easily, at the behest of China, then we cannot depend on Maldives, a mostly muslim nation (and that brings in another dimension of anti-India (nee anti-Hindu) feelng amon their population.

As for me sleeping, I think you better not sleep yourself for when you wake up, Maldives will have changed again!
Now you are changing the topic. Why did you mention Maldives at all before?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Interesting times ahead.

China has occupied Indian territory, and this is on completely different levels that of Doklam.
I see there is a growing murmur in population for a statement/clarity upon what is happening on the border, fueled especially by trolls from Pakistan and China and happily joined by India's own anti-national elements itself.

• All the tough talk and strong fist of BJP & India will go down the drain if we allow China to cede our territory. I see a massive negative sentiment towards BJP brewing in the same nationalistic people who supported BJP in the first place.

• Since times are crucial and we are yet to see the tough times of COVID-19 in coming months embracing India completely, going to war will be a tough, and maybe even a wrong decision.

• If we just suppress this whole incident and bow down in front of China (which I predict is going to happen :frusty: ), this will be perceived as major weakness & incompatibility of India's military which will not only be credited by China as well as Pakistan in the future, but will also affect our morale massively.
[My Prediction] In the coming months I believe nothing will change at the ground, with both armies digging at eyeball to eyeball positions. Coming winter and snowfall, both armies will slowly pull out troops with forward positions reinforced with all-weather bunkers by Chinese so that they can maintain their presence. India too will do the same albeit at a lesser scale than Chinese.

Slowly things will be forgotten and it will be daily business as usual with China practically have been altered ou LAC without any fight from India.

This episode will be cashed majorly by Congress and other opposition parties with a great amount of success. Govt. will change, Indians will forget, but the World will remember we Indians are a nation of cowards who never had an appetite for fighting.

I realized one brigade will come after me saying no Indian territory has been occupied by Chinese. Providing OSINT satellite imagery, which was already posted via tweets in this thread.
View attachment 49513View attachment 49514View attachment 49516

View attachment 49511

View attachment 49512

View attachment 49515
And who wrote this report??

WARREN SS

Country flag
Interesting times ahead.

View attachment 49511

View attachment 49512

View attachment 49515
Nihilistic approach at its best. Lack Objectivity

IndianHawk

Country flag
Interesting times ahead.

View attachment 49511

View attachment 49512

View attachment 49515
Isn't that temporary blue camp is the reason why we are mobilizing forces ! So how exactly is it lost. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles