India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARREN SS

Country flag
1. ITBP is better trained than BSF
2. ITBP already has Ghatak but used against LWE.
3. ITBP for the first time raised paratroopers
Well They were Ambushed by PLA

You can see the diffence btw IA And ITBP
EZqCyewVAAAVn2S.jpg

WARREN SS

Country flag
Several times BSF and/or IA have been ambushed by various organizations ( terrorist or PA) along LoC or IB/WB, so your point being?
They are not Suitably armed Like BSF or IA on LOC
you Can see difference
EZqCyewVAAAVn2S.jpg

cereal killer

Country flag
I would like to know about the defence treaties (if any) we have with Japan and South Korea.

I don't agree that we should aggressively patrol in SCS. But things should be like this that if needed India can intervene in any situation within a short period of time.
I don't think there is anything close to defence agreement with S Korea it is still in development stage & they also enjoy trade surplus with us I guess. Japan is relatively much closer to us & a member of Quad so we may see logistics agreement with them soon. Modi is also on friendly terms with Abe.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Because ITBP jawans in a single file, hidden by the ridge at F4 without artillery support were asking for it.. There is no way around it, unles we blow up the ridge, or create sustainable supply lines beyond F4
That Is Why we need To Arm them as RR

ladder

Country flag
They are not Suitably armed Like BSF or IA on LOC
you Can see difference
View attachment 49503
Because it's LAC and current understanding prevents them from. Even IA is either unarmed/rifle without magazine in well/ barrel pointed downward.

Can't really blame them for following mandate. Speaks more of their training rather than lack of it.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
I don't think there is anything close to defence agreement with S Korea it is still in development stage & they also enjoy trade surplus with us I guess. Japan is relatively much closer to us & a member of Quad so we may see logistics agreement with them soon. Modi is also on friendly terms with Abe.
We should have now, don't we?!! :notsure: With S Korea.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Because it's LAC and current understanding prevents them from. Even IA is either unarmed/rifle without magazine in well/ barrel pointed downward.
From whatever Debate by Ex COAS like V.P malik And Bikram singh oe by all Experts it seems Chinese Violated written Protocols From years

A Lot of water has flown

WARREN SS

Country flag
Wanna get angry?
So, look at this entitled A-H**le, Insulting and disrespecting a soldier, i so want to break this guy's jaw.
I also would like an update on what happened next.

A spoiled brat showing middle finger to an Army soldier and asking who the hell is he !
Bro not Appropriate thread

ladder

Country flag
From whatever Debate by Ex COAS like V.P malik And Bikram singh oe by all Experts it seems Chinese Violated written Protocols From years

A Lot of water has flown
That's not your original contention. You have to prove, if we make the aggrement toilet paper, how would ITBP conduct itself lesser than BSF?

WARREN SS

Country flag
That's not your original contention. You have to prove, if we make the aggrement toilet paper, how would ITBP conduct itself lesser than BSF?
My orginal contention was ITBP is not armed as BSF
Agreement No agreement they need *81 mm Mortar And 105 mm Artillery like BSF

Its just Started getting Mechanized after Dokh lam Spat

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
1. ITBP is better trained than BSF
2. ITBP already has Ghatak but used against LWE.
3. ITBP for the first time raised paratroopers
Yes ITBP ethos and culture was far better than any police force under central govt till it had a fixed geographical composition of hill people.

Today ITBP is like any other police force (CAPF) with all India composition, 50 percent reservations in constabulary and officers, including reservations in promotions. 50 percent or more constabulary is over 40 years of age,- you name it and it suffers from all police ills.

Like all others CAPF the focus of ITBP is not mountain and high-altitude/winter warfare but internal security, guarding constellations and being distributed to Saheb;s bunglows to do personal errands in the name of security. Call it the IPS effect.

ITBP has ceased to be the fine force it once used to be. No way it can be converted into Infantry who operate radars. modern signal equipment, sophisticated electronic sensors. missiles, UAVs, Mortars. has Ghataks, Snippers and a fleet of modern vehicles.

@wzsasa
Infantry is the most difficult job demanding everything from a man right from raw guts to advance technical capability. The only Arm of the Indian Army which has no trade - all are infantrymen but trained and capable of handling that is there with the battalion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles