India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanmay

Country flag
Absolutely needless controversy. Dominating ground necessarily does not mean height only. The question, after all, is dominating what and why. What are you trying to deny and for that what are you defending? Even if it comes to a line one can not occupy a line everywhere.

In high altitude platue of Ladakh it is obviously the avenues of movement East-West or North-South. The valleys and passes are the keys and not mountain heights which facilitate nothing. Heights that dominate valleys and passes only matter.

Prior to 1962 also India had established only three posts on the Northern bank of Pengang Tso - Shrijap, Shrijap-I and Shrijap-II (East of today's Finger 8). Those were overrun by Chinese tanks. So one can imagine their relative heights. What can an infantry company achieve sitting on top of the icy and snowy height North of Penang Tso. It can only bring observed arty fire into Pengang Tso valley. Then one might as well have an Artillery OP there rather than a company. sitting for nothing. If the Chinese have gone on Top, let them go to freeze there.
The same applies to Galwan valley. It is the valley which is required to be denied and not its high peaks like Ajay Shukla was trying to profess.
For a layman like me,
Wouldn't heights only be occupied during active conflict?
Else its mostly the valleys which have enough space to hold the region by providing land for setting up bases and protection from arty. Apart from easy access to roads.

Drones too can be used for Arty spotting and correction i feel.

And openly visible heights near Pangang So can be easily shelled by arty or mortar.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Please don't pay any attention to the ass**le!! He's from AAP and a Modi hater but in the process bent on villifying India by spreading falsehoods. The Pak media is quoting him from start to finish and under the impression that the Chinese have taken all of the contested areas and smirking at 'India's losses'!!

Please reply to his tweets accordingly. His tweets on the subject need to be flooded asking him to stop spreading fake news.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Absolutely needless controversy. Dominating ground necessarily does not mean height only. The question, after all, is dominating what and why. What are you trying to deny and for that what are you defending? Even if it comes to a line one can not occupy a line everywhere.

In high altitude platue of Ladakh it is obviously the avenues of movement East-West or North-South. The valleys and passes are the keys and not mountain heights which facilitate nothing. Heights that dominate valleys and passes only matter.

Prior to 1962 also India had established only three posts on the Northern bank of Pengang Tso - Shrijap, Shrijap-I and Shrijap-II (East of today's Finger 8). Those were overrun by Chinese tanks. So one can imagine their relative heights. What can an infantry company achieve sitting on top of the icy and snowy height North of Penang Tso. It can only bring observed arty fire into Pengang Tso valley. Then one might as well have an Artillery OP there rather than a company. sitting for nothing. If the Chinese have gone on Top, let them go to freeze there.
The same applies to Galwan valley. It is the valley which is required to be denied and not its high peaks like Ajay Shukla was trying to profess.
Tweet this to that idiot Panag who as Army commander seems to have forgotten basic tactics seeing that he was busy in entertainment and ceremonials rather than his profession!

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
Did the Chinese take the threat of "taking back GB" very seriously, they may know what we may not. They are opening new front throughout the border just read somewhere that they are causing troubles in Sikkim too. Looks like they are trying to spread our force thin. Another thought of mine, if the army is engaged at the boarder and let's say that the usual suspects start doing here like what's happening in America with our police force spread thin it will be very difficult to control. If by chance situation worsen very and the center is forced to bring in the army then that will give them an opportunity to occupy more chunks of land.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
Trump is probably going to withdraw from ctbt then it will be open season of nuke testing.
ahhhh......lovely. I too have that feeling that once if USofA withdraws from CTBT, India will be the first in line to conduct atmospheric and exo-atmospheric nuke tests much like how the US started. Now, thing is, this completely removes our chances of ever getting into NSG, more we can needle China by deliberately pleading to them and others to join the club when we very well know we can,t. Positive side is, we can accelerate our Thorium reactor tech manifold, since we are confident of it's commercial use as a clean nuclear power source, as well as enrich our Uranium reserves for completely strategic use.

ladder

Country flag
Did the Chinese take the threat of "taking back GB" very seriously, they may know what we may not. They are opening new front throughout the border just read somewhere that they are causing troubles in Sikkim too. Looks like they are trying to spread our force thin. Another thought of mine, if the army is engaged at the boarder and let's say that the usual suspects start doing here like what's happening in America with our police force spread thin it will be very difficult to control. If by chance situation worsen very and the center is forced to bring in the army then that will give them an opportunity to occupy more chunks of land.
What you said is 2.5 front war. Pak, China and Internal strife.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
not only the Chinese, but anybody who has invested so much as a single penny into OBOR will take the threat of war over GB seriously.

cereal killer

Country flag
not only the Chinese, but anybody who has invested so much as a single penny into OBOR will take the threat of war over GB seriously.
First of all BRI is not all about CPEC It consists of multiple corridors & other projects. GB can be reclaimed without any damage to corridor as well if China agrees. I think GOI will work something out with China that suits both parties.

IndianHawk

Country flag
First of all BRI is not all about CPEC It consists of multiple corridors & other projects. GB can be reclaimed without any damage to corridor as well if China agrees. I think GOI will work something out with China that suits both parties.
There is no working out with china. China can't save GB anyway. It's a paper tiger. And it's our permanent enemy since before 1962.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
How many of you believe that
After tomorrow meeting.... situation will be normal

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
LAC standoff: India eyes 4-pronged plan for Lt-Gen level talks with China

IndianHawk

Country flag
Shouldn't this jackass from the trash tabloid Quint who wrote this be arrested and put behind bars till kingdom come, for trying to incite and instigate riots, mayhem and violence? But Mota Bhai who needs to grow some balls will as usual brush it under the carpet.

Yup time has come to outright ban quint and wire and scroll for supporting terrorism and naxalism.

Tridev123

Country flag
Hi Bhadra ji, short cut, test A5 with nuke in atmosphere where Chinese have satellites.

They understand power. At present they are acting against art of war. We have nothing to lose. Or that's not possible, do underground thermo nuke.

Let's not put lives at risk, when we can show bigger stick.

This will make sure they will not repeate anything for next two or.more decades.
I have been advocating doing a couple of 1 megaton tests in Pokhran as quickly as possible. I am sure our BARC guys already have a few 1 megaton nuclear bomb designs ready. We have the capability but no sanction from the Government to conduct true thermonuclear tests. We have been told to restrict our hydrogen bomb yield to 50/60 or max 200kt in order to not alarm the goras(US).

The Chinese PLA generals only understand strength and demonstration of true hydrogen bomb capability a. k. a city busters will induce second thoughts about needling India. A 1 megaton bomb dropped on Shanghai will probably lead to the death of the city.

The US is confused and having Trump as their President is an opportunity for India to become a real big nuclear power.I doubt if the US will impose sanctions on India especially when the Corona Virus pandemic is still raging.

The Chinese attack on us gives us the moral ground and a real reason to resume nuclear testing.

The 1 megaton nuclear bomb must be converted into a low weight warhead which can be mated with the Agni 5 missile or other Agni series missiles. It should be operationalised quickly. This will constitute a real, viable deterrent and raise the costs for China. They will have no doubt about our capability.

A couple of megaton nuclear tests will increase morale amongst the public and also increase our security. I believe this will also spur economic growth by making people believe in the future of our country. Science and technology will receive a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles